"GGG considers it impossible for melee to reach t15 "

"
Legatus1982 wrote:
So there are now multiple people suggesting that their internet is 100% reliable all the time.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Until you people can agree to the facts of the world we live in we cannot have a real debate on this issue. What you're saying is not the same as reality. Any REASONABLE people who might exist on this forum are welcome to continue.
When I was working IT we'd monitor client ISP pings and call the customer's ISP to bitch on their behalf if it fell below a certain threshold, assuming they were paying for more than the barebones service. Whenever I called to complain about 2% packet loss I was taken seriously.

Stop passively accepting shit service if you're paying for premium.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 18, 2016, 9:08:00 PM
The guy gets 13k damage in a sec and a lot of people say "it's ok".

No wonder this game (skills/mobs damage) balance is on point.
"
SupaMF wrote:
The guy gets 13k damage in a sec and a lot of people say "it's ok".

No wonder this game (skills/mobs damage) balance is on point.
Not even in a sec, with mad flask spamming skills )if life) or VD you could maybe survive 13k/second spike. But this shit isn't over 1 second, it is instant, you can't do anything against instant 13k hit. Except getting even bigger buffer.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
So there are now multiple people suggesting that their internet is 100% reliable all the time.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Until you people can agree to the facts of the world we live in we cannot have a real debate on this issue. What you're saying is not the same as reality. Any REASONABLE people who might exist on this forum are welcome to continue.
When I was working IT we'd monitor client ISP pings and call the customer's ISP to bitch on their behalf if it fell below a certain threshold, assuming they were paying for more than the barebones service. Whenever I called to complain about 2% packet loss I was taken seriously.

Stop passively accepting shit service if you're paying for premium.

Again you're talking about ideal situations in a non-ideal world. I am quite familiar with packetloss, stop being stupid about this. Routers go down, backbones go down, power goes out, the list goes on. None of these have anything to do with standard packetloss levels. To say nothing about the instability of GGG's own servers which frankly aren't the greatest. You're being EXTREMELY ignorant. Enough so in fact that it is clearly being done with knowledge and intent.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Sep 19, 2016, 12:52:58 AM
Legatus, maybe if you lose connectivity for an unacceptable period of time, the server should just log you out. Maybe 1000ms, maybe something else. Past a certain ping threshold, the game is essentially unplayable and preserving connectivity is a fool's errand.

This might mean people playing on consistently crap connections get logged out a lot... but their characters would rarely die as a result. Not quite never; one needs to accept that sometimes even 10ms of extra lag is the difference between life and death.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 19, 2016, 1:00:02 AM
Not a single boss corpse should be allowed to corpse explode in this game.

Period.

Definitely not with the new and improved extra2klife edition bosses we have now. Fuck sake, even normal tank mobs in the right map environment can instantly shred you.
And that's preserving my rant about "why the fuck can this shit even critical strike".

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Saying the game needs to be designed around shitty internet is like saying games need to be designed around shitty video cards; some games should be so people with that stuff have games to play, but they definitely don't need to be designed that way. Get your ISP unfucked. If you can't, sorry that your locality is shit. Or just do what I did and accept the occasional bullshit lag-spike death happens - just part of the deal when using bargain internet service.

You used to defend the old net code that GGG had for the very same reason of shitty internet. Let's not be a hypocrite.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Legatus, maybe if you lose connectivity for an unacceptable period of time, the server should just log you out. Maybe 1000ms, maybe something else. Past a certain ping threshold, the game is essentially unplayable and preserving connectivity is a fool's errand.

This might mean people playing on consistently crap connections get logged out a lot... but their characters would rarely die as a result. Not quite never; one needs to accept that sometimes even 10ms of extra lag is the difference between life and death.

If 10ms is the difference between life and death again I would call that bad game design. This is an arpg not call of duty: modern warfare. Yes people will min max for speed, but it's hardly reasonable to say 13k is a normal life value. In fact this dd probably did much more than that.
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Sep 19, 2016, 10:11:06 AM
"
Boem wrote:
Not a single boss corpse should be allowed to corpse explode in this game.

Period.

Definitely not with the new and improved extra2klife edition bosses we have now. Fuck sake, even normal tank mobs in the right map environment can instantly shred you.
And that's preserving my rant about "why the fuck can this shit even critical strike".

Peace,

-Boem-

Agreed, and really with the way dd can scale due to map mechanics I'd say it should either have a damage cap or just not exist at all
-----
Bug Fixes:
path of blade vortex ....

sorry u ripped tho, facetanking everything is not a way
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info