"GGG considers it impossible for melee to reach t15 "

"
Jgizle wrote:
Just pointing out the player only had 1 debuff when they died, enfeeble, which does nothing for defense. It is a reason he died though, as he was doing a lot less damage.

The player probably didn't have max fire resist (DD damage is fire). I have never died instantly to DD but thats specific to my character.

Side note: many boses can 1 shot even if you have insane hp, armor, or es. This guy was reckless and should have played safe.

You do not seem to know how DD works ... are you aware that the damage scales with the health of the corpse ? ...

There should probably be a telegraphed thing, that takes a considerable amount of time ( linked to the damage ) for DD.
That was, "normal" DD would trigger almost instantly, while something that BS would have an actual telegraphed animation.

PS :

If PoE was fully designed to allow any kind of connection on earth to have a good gaming experience, it would be shit, period.

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
allbusiness wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Saying the game needs to be designed around shitty internet is like saying games need to be designed around shitty video cards; some games should be so people with that stuff have games to play, but they definitely don't need to be designed that way. Get your ISP unfucked. If you can't, sorry that your locality is shit. Or just do what I did and accept the occasional bullshit lag-spike death happens - just part of the deal when using bargain internet service.
You used to defend the old net code that GGG had for the very same reason of shitty internet. Let's not be a hypocrite.
You must have me confused for someone else. Here's just one example among many. Please, give me some of whatever you're smoking.

Or do you really mean: I disagreed with some suggestion you had back in the day, because it violated the laws of physics?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 19, 2016, 10:34:52 AM
This game needs more audible triggers. GGG relies way to heavily on visuals and even those are sub par.

If anyone here has ever played D3, the way they do "bearers" is pretty awesome. There is a big audible wind-up right before the explosion that tells the player "get the fuck out of the way or you may die".

Similarly, there could be audible or even better visible effects for DD. Why can't the body blink faster and faster until it explodes (like a time bomb). Why can't their be some kind of sound queue like the monster yelling and gradually getting louder so you know it is going to explode?

GGG could alleviate so much stress on their graphics guys if they would improve their audio queue's by a ton.

We're not deaf, ya know (or at least most of us aren't).
today i get angry too...ABOUT THIS FUCKIN ONESHOT SHIT

i am frustrated and (the most worse thing that could happen for me)DEMOTIVATED.

i realized that the gamecontent is not playable without frust/stress and a lot of trouble.

i play one of these marauder builds.

no more words . too much clutter :(
Last edited by MagicalMove on Sep 19, 2016, 10:40:44 AM
"
Fruz wrote:

PS :

If PoE was fully designed to allow any kind of connection on earth to have a good gaming experience, it would be shit, period.

Based on what logic? Lol

I could take that statement and replace shit with awesome and it would have equal value to yours. Actually more value because it is logically sound.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Sep 19, 2016, 10:50:39 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
allbusiness wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Saying the game needs to be designed around shitty internet is like saying games need to be designed around shitty video cards; some games should be so people with that stuff have games to play, but they definitely don't need to be designed that way. Get your ISP unfucked. If you can't, sorry that your locality is shit. Or just do what I did and accept the occasional bullshit lag-spike death happens - just part of the deal when using bargain internet service.
You used to defend the old net code that GGG had for the very same reason of shitty internet. Let's not be a hypocrite.
You must have me confused for someone else. Here's just one example among many. Please, give me some of whatever you're smoking.

Or do you really mean: I disagreed with some suggestion you had back in the day, because it violated the laws of physics?

Mmmm good ol ScrotieMcB, called out and then resorting to back handed ad homenin attacks.

Yes, you actually did defend the type of netcode GGG utilized in the past prior to that desync post. I remember arguing with you that DotA 2 and League of Legends use a 'wait on server' model with minimal wait time, and you said no can't do that because other people with shitty connections would hate that.
To tell you the truth, I would have quit hardcore for this league if I had died to this.

Especially since Kalria is the only Warband boss I am missing in that map and I've been searching for her a lot lately ... guess I got lucky in not finding her and seeing this video instead.

It's just completely unreasonable to add such a mechanic without giving any kind of warning, especially in a Tier 15 map, where a players death stings even more.

I am very positive that most melee builds would have done the same as the person in this video, since that's inevitabely what a melee character has to do: kill the boss in melee range ... and it will result in a death to every single melee character, who's not aware of this mechanic.

Sorry, but that's just complete bullshit - at the very least, add some kind of warning to the description of this boss.
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:

PS :

Based on what logic? Lol

I could take that statement and replace shit with awesome and it would have equal value to yours. Actually more value because it is logically sound.

wow, are you being serious there ?????
I find the why very, very, veeery obvious, but I will give you a clue then if you really are serious :

If you aim at allowing any kind of connection to have the same gaming experience ( not going into the fact that it probably would allow cheating and stuff ), you become extremely limited, game design wise.
Which means that you cannot afford actual interesting things, you cannot afford actual challenging things, etc ...
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
allbusiness wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
allbusiness wrote:

Mmmm good ol ScrotieMcB, called out and then resorting to back handed ad homenin attacks.

Yes, you actually did defend the type of netcode GGG utilized in the past prior to that desync post. I remember arguing with you that DotA 2 and League of Legends use a 'wait on server' model with minimal wait time, and you said no can't do that because other people with shitty connections would hate that.
Oh, so the second thing then. Or close to it.

In the post I linked to, I'm against a wait-on-server model while ALSO very clearly against GGG's netcode at the time. Apparently you can't distinguish between more than two possible positions to take regarding any one issue. Attacking your suggestion is not equivalent to defending the status quo.

Edit: Aug 2013 quote tiem
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
tikitaki wrote:
Fuck your content
Fuck your balance changes
Fuck your micro-transactions
Fuck your new skills
And most of all, fuck your uniques.

Fix your netcode. If you don't have the man power to fix it, then buy some more manpower and get it done.
I forgot when writing the OP to include at least one fuck on every line, it makes reading far more enjoyable. I fucking approve.
What a white knight I was.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 19, 2016, 11:34:45 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Jgizle wrote:
Just pointing out the player only had 1 debuff when they died, enfeeble, which does nothing for defense. It is a reason he died though, as he was doing a lot less damage.

The player probably didn't have max fire resist (DD damage is fire). I have never died instantly to DD but thats specific to my character.

Side note: many boses can 1 shot even if you have insane hp, armor, or es. This guy was reckless and should have played safe.

You do not seem to know how DD works ... are you aware that the damage scales with the health of the corpse ? ...

There should probably be a telegraphed thing, that takes a considerable amount of time ( linked to the damage ) for DD.
That was, "normal" DD would trigger almost instantly, while something that BS would have an actual telegraphed animation.

PS :

I know how DD works this players defenses are just trash. I can face tank that DD explosion no problem, I can face tank Shaper. Maybe if the player actually used their brain they wouldn't have died.

This is not a "1 shot mechanics are stupid" issue, It's a bad game play gets you killed issue. Only the player can solve that.

As soon as he saw Kalria using desecrate he should have known DD was going to happen, only DD users use desecrate. At this point he should have ran away and used a portal to get Abyssal Cry which prevents any corpses from being created when you kill anything, meaning no boss body to DD to begin with. Even so, the player could have survived the DD on just the boss corpse if he moved away from the other corpses, as the boss also spawns level 82 minions.

I don't know any one who fights a boss for the first time and just zergs it. He went balls to the wall and is surprised he got wrecked. He had more than enough DPS to wreck the boss, he could have played much better, and this is the sacrifice for not doing so.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info