DreamFeather Spectral Throw - Clearing the game on a budget. Shaper/Uber Atziri Included.

im against snakebite gloves for my builds. with this build i run 8 frenzy charges. that gives me -80% duration on frenzy charges. with a current max duration of 17s, that brings it down to 3.4 second duration on frenzy....
tho raider will get a change in how well they can upkeep their charges, it still only lasts for 3 seconds, meaning by the time you get to the next pack you'll have to start all over with stacking them up, which only happens on kills...so essentially you won't have your poison effect when you need it (to kill things).

the only time you should have your poison effect is on longer boss fights, and keep in mind its the poison damage that does the most in these builds, so each boss fight will be drawn out much longer until you can stack up your frenzy charges from the 20% on hit vs rares/bosses raider change, then you'll do poison dmg and start taking down the boss.

3s duration though, if theres any kiting involved in the boss fight you will lose your charges and have to start all over again. hell it would probably take 5-10s of pure attacking just to get your charges to maximum in order to start poisoning again. 20% change to generate a charge, but you need 8 of them. thats essentially 4-6 seconds right there, and bad RNG could make it worse.

so ya. i know for 100% certain that i will not be using snakebites. if you don't run as many frenzy charges then it probably isn't as big of a deal
Poison is only really important on single target and it should be up 100%
"
xMustard wrote:
im against snakebite gloves for my builds. with this build i run 8 frenzy charges. that gives me -80% duration on frenzy charges. with a current max duration of 17s, that brings it down to 3.4 second duration on frenzy....
tho raider will get a change in how well they can upkeep their charges, it still only lasts for 3 seconds, meaning by the time you get to the next pack you'll have to start all over with stacking them up, which only happens on kills...so essentially you won't have your poison effect when you need it (to kill things).

the only time you should have your poison effect is on longer boss fights, and keep in mind its the poison damage that does the most in these builds, so each boss fight will be drawn out much longer until you can stack up your frenzy charges from the 20% on hit vs rares/bosses raider change, then you'll do poison dmg and start taking down the boss.

3s duration though, if theres any kiting involved in the boss fight you will lose your charges and have to start all over again. hell it would probably take 5-10s of pure attacking just to get your charges to maximum in order to start poisoning again. 20% change to generate a charge, but you need 8 of them. thats essentially 4-6 seconds right there, and bad RNG could make it worse.

so ya. i know for 100% certain that i will not be using snakebites. if you don't run as many frenzy charges then it probably isn't as big of a deal

You are bringing up some very valid points. Maybe I'll just run the poison gem while trying to get a Cospri's Will.
Ingame: ReExist
also, having max frenzy is super important if you're going to go the phasing route, because you'll want to basically always be immune to status ailments. thats the route im going anyway.

on a side note, i just respec'ed one of my assassins to be a binos/death hand crit blade flurry which combines poison, bleed and ignite DoT for massive damage. it is insane damage, but i honestly prefer this version of the build.
this version of the build is lower DPS overall, but still very high. its probably only about...half or a third of the total dps from the assassin version, but its much more defensive because of immune to status ailments, our evasion/dodge, physical mitigation. it also clears normal maps quite a bit faster because of the attack speed of dreamfeather over binos

i will most likely make this build my main
Thanks for this guide! I cannot find the skill tree though, was there any added or do we experiment? Thanks
Definitions:
Path of Exile; A world where you are free from pay to win. Unlimited builds, vast enemy mods and a strong end game. Unrivaled community in real life and rewarding developers.
Path of exile is one of the best ARPGS created/ Died 25 times to 1 boss in Path of Exile and would rip again.
"
xMustard wrote:
for 3 seconds, meaning by the time you get to the next pack you'll have to start all over with stacking them up, which only happens on kills...so essentially you won't have your poison effect when you need it (to kill things).

idk about that, you get easily over 200ms and probably even more with WB, but I agree that it's a shitty compromise and for convenience PF is still better because this build didn't get nerfed by the flask changes iirc.

Worst case, you don't use Faster Attacks gem ever and your 6th link is Pierce and invest in the poison damage nodes until you can get a 6l.
IGN: MyOtherRangerDied // DontBeStupidAndDieAgain // GenericSporkerWitch
https://google.com
Hey so I'm playing this as a Raider and as Blade Flurry currently, and I gotta say, the frenzy charge generation feels great.

My Gear

Until I get dreamfeathers I'm really liking Mortem Morsu+Relentless Fury for the free poison+Onslaught+Culling Strike. Currently level 60 and the damage feels very nice. I run Grace+blasphemy Vulnerability.

My gear is pretty trashy for the most part, but I have capped resists (cold at 73/75 *meh*)

Thoughts? I'm thinking about going Alpha's Howl so I can run AA eventually as well. (I think that was mentioned before)
So anyone has come up with a Similar build but with Raider?

Is it better ?

IGN: GallathCoC
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
Thoughts? I'm thinking about going Alpha's Howl so I can run AA eventually as well. (I think that was mentioned before)

im not playing new league...i never do because i don't have time for fresh starts, but ya...
i was initially thinking of running alphas howl to also run AA, but i feel like its irrelevant now after further testing.

for raider if you can get through uber labs traps and get your final 2 ascendancy points and end up going the phasing route, you'll have immunity to elemental status ailments while on max frenzy anyway (which is almost always), so alphas is not needed there.

also with the other defensive additions i included in my change, AA really doesn't offer a whole lot. not enough to pigeon hold you on a helmet slot with no HP and little resists.

currently as i mentioned i run endurance charge on stun for the 6th link vs everything except bosses without adds. for them i just socket fortify so its up 100% of the time while worrying about whirling blades through the boss and shit.

i went through uber lab, and while the traps are bullshit and i don't care to keep dealing with them, uber Izaro is nothing........NOTHING.
essentially i just throw down my totem while he comes up through the ground, whirling blades around until he uses an attack, pop my flasks rush in close and apply poison until i think hes going to attack again then i leave. i usually don't need to attack again, but just kite around and the poison will kill his phase.
he is super easy with this build as blade flurry. super easy. i didn't take a lick of damage or have to fight long, and that time i had vulnerability on 100% of the uber run too.

i haven't tried uber atziri yet but its my next challenge. i still have a lot of maps to find or buy in order to test the guardians, but i'll be doing that as well. Izaro, uber Izaro and normal Atziri are all cake walks.......CAKE!
the dps is insane and the additional defense just make it amazing. the lifeleech on my defensive changes is incredible. 2% and upwards of 4% vaal pact instant leech if you socket life leech gem instead of endurance charge on stun/fortify. that coupled with your evasion, dodge, and spell dodge....all you have to do is make sure you don't get one shot. that is it. if you don't get one shot there is plenty of time to leech up to full life before you can get hit again.
"
Gallath wrote:
So anyone has come up with a Similar build but with Raider?

Is it better ?

Would also like to know this and if there is any example skill trees. Thanks!
Definitions:
Path of Exile; A world where you are free from pay to win. Unlimited builds, vast enemy mods and a strong end game. Unrivaled community in real life and rewarding developers.
Path of exile is one of the best ARPGS created/ Died 25 times to 1 boss in Path of Exile and would rip again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info