[2.4]Omega Burst (fire burst + triggers) (ultra fast clear speed)

Glad youre going ham.

"
TDF wrote:
i changed starting nodes to elemental ones, way better than % phys damage.
single target, esp bosses, is definatly an issue...

If you are running with elemental damage i would recommend using firestorm instead of BV. I thought about doing the same, but decided that my trash clearing was already powerful enough with many fire bursts triggering. Even in tier 15 maps, one shield charge through a pack was enough to lay waste to everything on the screen. But as for those tanky uniques, fire burst will be triggering much less and thus we need to rely more on the physical (and poison damage from our ascendancy).

Frankly i dont feel as if the single target damage is all that poor with physical damage nodes. I dont even gem swap swap against anything less than t16 bosses anymore. Perhaps your gems arent leveled up enough? Do you use crit multi jewels, an apex rapier, and facebreakers? Are you fully utilizing all your gem sockets in trigger supports?
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
well im still lvling gems, but i got most my trigger gems. trash clearing is just funny, shit just explodes and dies, usually from initial impact :P not sure about my dmg in t15s, might leech one from a friend and see what happens

maybe i should scale more phys, but i rolled an added fire added light rapier (my profile is public btw) i am using facebreakers but i might be lacking crit multi on jewels (i got 513 multi atm with 6 charges up, not sure if ill get the 7th)

bosses definatly got easier with facebreakers (was using es gloves at first cause i needed the res) but i think the self cast bv dmg is pretty low anyway.... what is ur tooltip with it? i got lvl 19 bv and got 5k tooltip in ho, which is nothing vs the t16 bosses

btw my weapon level requirment changed since last patch, mine is lvl 59, so you can start much earlier with blowing up stuff... a lvl 7 vorici is recommended though to get the colours, i had mine lvl 6 but asked a friend to craft it cause i wasted too many chromes on it

oh and do you still use inc aoe vs the t16 bosses or switch to inc crit damage or conc effect?
Last edited by TDF on Sep 24, 2016, 10:54:47 AM
"
TDF wrote:

but i think the self cast bv dmg is pretty low anyway.... what is ur tooltip with it? i got lvl 19 bv and got 5k tooltip in ho,

I rolled over a set of 8 BV gems, they are nearing level 20 again. But in my hideout with a level 19 bv i have 3.7k without a herald up.
"
TDF wrote:

which is nothing vs the t16 bosses

Its not nothing at all. If you can maintain 20 stacks of BV you are dealing (and ignore our bonus spell damage from power charges and being ignited):
700 average base damage
x6 for our crit multi adjusted down a bit to compensate for a 90% crit chance
x20 for number of BVs hitting per second
=84k dps
But lets also include our fire burst:
20k average damage with a 10% chance of procing
= +2k per hit

And then all our trigger gems will add vastly more damage. Several times more. And the more that trigger, the more that will continue to trigger as all that igniting causes a cascade of of CWDT triggers and fire bursts. Upwards of a million dps when adds come into the fight.
But yeah, those t16s have an absolute massive amount of life. And many bosses dont have adds that we can exploit.
"
TDF wrote:

btw my weapon level requirment changed since last patch, mine is lvl 59, so you can start much earlier with blowing up stuff...

Oh wow mine too. Nice.
"
TDF wrote:

oh and do you still use inc aoe vs the t16 bosses or switch to inc crit or conc effect?

You know it totally slipped my mind. I really should be using conc effect for bosses. TY.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last edited by SkyCore on Sep 26, 2016, 5:37:27 PM
not sure im fully understand the build... what is the main source of dmg? the blade vortex or the fire burst?
where you get 600% crit multi?
what is your burst dmg? and what is your BV dmg?
thank you
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
"
The_x_ile wrote:

not sure im fully understand the build... what is the main source of dmg? the blade vortex or the fire burst?

Fire burst. Although against lone single targets the blade vortex does a large portion of the work.
"
The_x_ile wrote:

Assassin ascendancy, facebreakers, crit multi jewels, apex rapier, and lots of crit multi on the tree. At one point i had more, but now im down to 560% crit multi.
"
The_x_ile wrote:

what is your burst dmg?

Average 20k per hit. This damage penetrates resists as we are using fire penetration, which is very relevant agianst most bosses. But it only has a 10% chance of triggering. We do our best to hit as often as possible with cast when stunned, BV, 2x CWDT, gloves enchants, vengeance, and reckoning.
Each time we ignite an enemy (which is often many dozens of times per second in practice), we contribute to our CWDT. Which then in turn often further apply many more ignites. Causing a cascade of dozens of spells per second that can hit multiple times, each which has a chance to fire burst.
"
The_x_ile wrote:

and what is your BV dmg?
thank you

In a former post i already did the BV calculation with level 19 gems. And that was ignoring our ascendancy points, bonus spell (from power charges), and fire damage from our 10% as fire ring+ fire damage while ignited bonused.
This build has so much happening, that any single calculation does not really account for all situations. VS packs, we deal millions of DPS. One shield charge is often enough to clear the screen in even t15 maps. Against a lone single target we are more in the range of 250k dps, with a very large chance of doing MUCH more.
Last edited by SkyCore on Sep 26, 2016, 5:38:08 PM
"
SkyCore wrote:
"
The_x_ile wrote:

Fire burst. Although against lone single targets the blade vortex does a large portion of the work.
"
The_x_ile wrote:

Assassin ascendancy, facebreakers, crit multi jewels, apex rapier, and lots of crit multi on the tree. At one point i had more, but now im down to 560% crit multi.
"
The_x_ile wrote:

what is your burst dmg?

Average 24k non crit. After you adjust for crit it averages 144k. With conc effect instead of inc AOE it is 216k. This damage penetrates resists as we are using fire penetration, which is very relevant agianst most bosses. But it only has a 10% chance of triggering. We do our best to hit as often as possible with cast when stunned, BV, 2x CWDT, gloves enchants, vengeance, and reckoning.
Each time we ignite an enemy (which is often many dozens of times per second in practice), we contribute to our CWDT. Which then in turn often further apply many more ignites. Causing a cascade of dozens of spells per second that can hit multiple times, each which has a chance to fire burst.
"
The_x_ile wrote:

and what is your BV dmg?
thank you

In a former post i already did the BV calculation with level 19 gems. And that was ignoring our ascendancy points, bonus spell (from power charges), and fire damage from our 10% as fire ring+ fire damage while ignited bonused.
This build has so much happening, that any single calculation does not really account for all situations. VS packs, we deal millions of DPS. One shield charge is often enough to clear the screen in even t15 maps. Against a lone single target we are more in the range of 250k dps, with a very large chance of doing MUCH more.

thank you for answering, another question:
how do you know its doing 24K dmg non crit? what is the base dmg of this spell? and what you use in order to increase it to 24K?
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
"
The_x_ile wrote:

thank you for answering, another question:
how do you know its doing 24K dmg non crit? what is the base dmg of this spell?

If you press 'c' in game it opens up your character panel. Find fire burst and it shows the raw damage it does.
"
The_x_ile wrote:

and what you use in order to increase it to 24K?

Area damage, spell damage, fire damage, elemental damage, and damage. But our biggest boost is crit multiplier and a 75% chance to crit.
Last edited by SkyCore on Sep 26, 2016, 5:41:31 PM
Im pretty sure that panel show dps include the crit / multi.. i have the flame burst now and my dps with 2 support gems and some ele / spell is 4K
So safe to assume that 24K you see include the crit part
my builds:
"
The_x_ile wrote:
Im pretty sure that panel show dps include the crit / multi.. i have the flame burst now and my dps with 2 support gems and some ele / spell is 4K
So safe to assume that 24K you see include the crit part

God damn, you are absolutely right. TY for the information.
With charges up and conc effect socketed (and no heralds up), it has an average hit of 20k currently. And the crit chance is only 75% (not 90% as i thought).
Last edited by SkyCore on Sep 26, 2016, 5:43:04 PM
I think I went a little overboard with the amount of 'hits' I cause, cant run all of my cwdt stuff on a fire resist map, cause I dont leech enough to actually sustain in big packs, but imo using avatar of fire is really worth it. I can use any ring i want and every spell out there will ignite mobs now, which does proc my cwdt quite (damn) often, but thats a good thing imo (most of the time)

also, still testing this, but just did some t13/14 without the life leech socketed, so i guess it safe to say taht i can take that out and look some something else, maybe crit multi, prolly controlled destruction
Last edited by TDF on Sep 26, 2016, 6:22:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info