[3.0][SC/HC-viable][T15+] Tukohama's Ascendant [Chieftain] Sire of Shards Fireball Totems

Just updated main post for blood magic, thanks for the advice again, really forgot about that keystone passive. Apparently you keep learning in PoE or even relearn it^^
Almost got my Fireball at 20, will try Hydra and Phoenix afterwards then.

Sadly I had some rips recently, don't try Sulphur Wastes with speed/boss-speed mods, Otesha completely wrecked me with ST and Ice Arrows in such a small area (still don't get why this boss area is the smallest from all the other Warband maps)
have you considered adding RF to boost your damage? with rise of the phoenix and purity of fire you need 12.6% (until level 17 purity of fire, then it's 11.7%) regen to run it. so you'd drop 2 jewel sockets and the burning nodes by avatar of fire for damage and gain a 50% more modifier. you'd also need to pick up the endurance charge from bandits and use a marble amulet. modified tree below.

i'm not great at figuring out damage calculations. does the more modifier outweigh 2 jewels, 55% burning and anger aura?

this tree below actually lets us keep anger as long as we maintain endurance charges. %15.3 regen

"
complaint wrote:
have you considered adding RF to boost your damage? with rise of the phoenix...

I'm not the author of this build, but I'm pretty sure that Sire of Shards (a 2 handed staff) and Rise of the Phoenix (a shield) are mutually exclusive.
My Builds:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1739942 - Flee the Fire! Fireball / Flameblast Sire of Shards Chieftain
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1572176 - Chill and Breathe: An Arctic Breath Totem Build
"
complaint wrote:
have you considered adding RF to boost your damage?

This is not a build around rise of the phoenix. I made a RF chieftain at the end of prophecy and had my fun as my last build during the league. First I don't need the extra dmg buff of RF, because Sire of Shards multiplies my dmg output by 5 (it's a gmp without dmg falloff) and second I'm playing like a caster with keeping my distance and only go melee range to drop my orb of storms off.

As Chieftain you either go RF build selfcast with Rise of the Phoenix, or use RF-Totems, you just can't do both at the same time.
Just ripped against atziri with this build managed to get up to lvl 83 before doing so.

Have to say it was a really fun build and i might roll it again later on in the league, Thanks for the build
Last edited by Yatunic on Sep 22, 2016, 12:39:24 AM
"
Yatunic wrote:
Just ripped against atziri with this build managed to get up to lvl 83 before doing so.

Have to say it was a really fun build and i might roll it again later on in the league, Thanks for the build

You're welcome, Atziri is still a pain in the butt even with 6-8k hp she still can oneshot you with the mini-flameblasts, whose are ridiculous without a ruby flask.
Update: Added gameplay video from T15 Dark Forest map.
Gonna add more soon.
Update: Added gameplay video from T14 twinned Palace map.
Will this build and skill tree still work now? I'm thinking about doing it in the legacy league.

edit: will it work with the new skill tree coming out in legacy league?
Last edited by Tubbehh on Feb 28, 2017, 2:34:46 AM
"
Tubbehh wrote:
Will this build and skill tree still work now? I'm thinking about doing it in the legacy league.

edit: will it work with the new skill tree coming out in legacy league?

From first thoughts, 2.6 shouldn't be that much different than 2.4, I think it's even a slightly buff, since you have 1 passive point more to allocate from the threshold jewel. Also the explosive impact cluster getting some cast speed is some nice quality of life, since Fireball is one of the slowest spells to cast.
Other than that, Sire of Shards didn't got nerfed, having two jewels could be viable (the other slot is easy to access right under Mind over Matter).

I'll try to update asap if we get the new skilltree tomorrow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info