[2.6] Nextguy's Magma Orb

Doing pretty much something like this right now in LHC and it's honestly the most fun I've ever had with a build so far in 3k hours. The range with +5 chains is just amazing and the aoe from Inevitability is great and not having to run lmp/gmp just ups the damage so much, leveling was a breeze and insane with realm ender. Running for the most part in a 5l Realm Ender right now with links MO (lvl 20 no qual), echo, controlled, faster proj (swap to slower for bosses) and aoe/focus in the last one depending on if I'm doing maps or just rushing some lake.

Currently level 78 and pushing around 5.2k life, 700 es and about 1k mana unreserved with just clarity and arctic armour on. Dps with boss setup and overload on is around 100k, feels pretty solid.

can this build be played as CI?
"
Shaitan84 wrote:

I'm currently testing out my own CI version of the Ele Magma Orb / Firestorm build. I'm not that far, only lvl 48 at the moment.
"
Shaitan84 wrote:

Absolutely, in fact it would maybe better that way. I first created this build two leagues ago in Essence league before CI was seen as the obvious best choice, and thus my gear is still life based. Something to keep in mind however is that I use a staff, so you would have to experiment with what one handed weapon to use so that you can use a shield to get more effective life, maybe Doryani's Catalyst?

Something also to note is that CI may be better, but also way more expensive for every gear slot to get good ES and fill out your resists.
Magma Orb Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1735193
Last edited by nextguy on Mar 29, 2017, 10:56:47 PM
"
nextguy wrote:
"
Shaitan84 wrote:

Absolutely, in fact it would maybe better that way. I first created this build two leagues ago in Essence league before CI was seen as the obvious best choice, and thus my gear is still life based. Something to keep in mind however is that I use a staff, so you would have to experiment with what one handed weapon to use so that you can use a shield to get more effective life, maybe Doryani's Catalyst?

I thank you for the response, a up side is that your staff is your six link so you can go all out on ES on chest without a six link that will cost not that much. And with high ES chest you can make up for the es you miss on a shield.

Nextguy could you be bothered to make a ES based skilltree?
Last edited by Shaitan84 on Mar 29, 2017, 11:05:00 PM
"
Shaitan84 wrote:
"
nextguy wrote:
"
Shaitan84 wrote:

I thank you for the response, a up side is that your staff is your six link so you can go all out on ES on chest without a six link that will cost not that much. And with high ES chest you can make up for the es you miss on a shield.

Nextguy could you be bothered to make a ES based skilltree?

www.poeurl.com/bes4 here is one I quickly put together. I would guess that with no shield the max ES you could get would be around 12k-14K if you stacked intelligence, used Energy From Within, and had very high rolls on gear, however, this is just a guess.
Last edited by nextguy on Mar 30, 2017, 12:39:48 AM

Thank you so much :))

looks good!
Been enjoying this build so much. If I were to run carcass,Cospri's Will, or Belly of the Beast. What defensive gem setup would you recommend for 5l?
"
tiggerpower wrote:
Been enjoying this build so much. If I were to run carcass,Cospri's Will, or Belly of the Beast. What defensive gem setup would you recommend for 5l?

Of those I would use belly of the beast to get more life. For gems run Cast when damage Taken linked to anything you want such as Molten Shell, Immortal Call, etc.
"
nextguy wrote:
"
tiggerpower wrote:

Of those I would use belly of the beast to get more life. For gems run Cast when damage Taken linked to anything you want such as Molten Shell, Immortal Call, etc.

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info