Can only laugh at the lab at this point

The saw blades+spikes do no overlap, there can be "overlap" slightly with spiked ground traps and roombas, but as long as you don't run with the roombas when you get unspiked you are fine.

In terms of AI for minions, can't you use a spell or something to force them to target the boss?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Ill just take a screen shot next time, spike traps wont kill me by themselves.

This game doesnt have a force move, so i use a spell slot for it. Even with convocation i would have to stand on top of him or the minions will go back to the things they cant damage. Its terrible design to have targetables that cannot take damage. Its easier to just stand in the top left corner and eat his fire spam.

It would be nice to have a pet bar like in wow/rift. I was trying to summon bemeth for my voidheart but they keep attacking stuff off screen, messing up my piles. Had to unsummon everything (including golem) and kill the bosses with only srs. 15 bosses later no bameth. I wish I could put them on passive so i could herd

I died on my flameblast, not the summoner. I was just bringing up some of the bad design
Last edited by Chadwixx on Sep 15, 2016, 3:06:31 PM
"
Chadwixx wrote:
"
There never are traps upon traps except for pylons and other types of traps.

Nope, a room full of spike traps with saw blades. The spikes stop you then the blades kill you.

I dont have any problem with my summons there aside from bad ai when izaro has things that are targetable but cannot take damage (who thought of that lol). They attack everything but the boss. I dont think ive seen one drop from traps though

That is actually an issue with Summons, their AI is terrible.

Also I know which room you mean, but although the spike traps can hit you if you are just trying to step onto them while moving they don't snare you in that case. Actually Spike Traps never snare you, they are just immovable terrain which you get stuck in if you are standing on top of them. For that reason they also block LoS.

But if you are not on top of them you can still move. So yes you can get hit by Spike Traps and Sawblades, but you can't get snared in that situation, because you are not on top of the traps with your full body so you are not "enclosed" in wall (which the spike traps technically are, once emerged).

I'm not sure if there is a very odd place on the spike traps were that can happen or if increased character size can increase your model to a size that allows them both to damage.
Cruel lab today

Santorium passage (i think its the name, the one before 2nd trial). Has spikes that over lap with the fire stairs, you get hit by either one. Last fire section before door.

Santorium passage after beating 2nd trial has the big circle blades on spikes, if you get spiked the big blades will still hit you.

Almost got to the place i died last night, but i died typing this LOL. Will show you the location when i get back with food.
"
Santorium passage after beating 2nd trial has the big circle blades on spikes, if you get spiked the big blades will still hit you.

I think that is the situation someone mentioned, Roombas + Spikes are the only ones that are able to do that.

"
Santorium passage (i think its the name, the one before 2nd trial). Has spikes that over lap with the fire stairs, you get hit by either one. Last fire section before door.

I had that yesterday on my Juggernaut. You should be able to just hug the spikes. Maybe I find a set to show it.

EDIT: Well I didn't get one, and though I could try to run the lab until I got them I don't want to right now. But I give you that if the traps are submerged it is hard to tell how far you can go back without getting hurt from them, but that shouldn't really matter, since even if they hurt you they won't kill you and you can cross the floor afterwards. But there is definitly a spot between the spikes and the burning floor that is safe.
Last edited by Emphasy on Sep 15, 2016, 4:21:16 PM
I think we're all actually laughing at you dying in cruel lab at level 70 mate...must not be anyone's fault but GGG's!
Prophecy @ WizKid - 94 BV Pathfinder
Prophecy @ SmackDown - 93 TS Assassin
Essence @ Wallbang - 93 Crit Lacerate Elementalist
Breach @ GodoftheBreach - 94 BF Inquisitor
Legacy @ BradPitt - 92 LL Ele Wander Inquisitor
"
Emphasy wrote:

I had that yesterday on my Juggernaut. You should be able to just hug the spikes. Maybe I find a set to show it.

I use the phoenix shield for lab, its very nice for izaro's fire spam. Ill post the saw blades on spikes when i do it again.

Trust me, ive done the lab many times, i know whats killing me and how.

The problem is you take fire damage while on the steps, when your not on the steps there are spikes. I wear a rats nest, my char is small too :)

Joe, your chars are hidden and your lvl7. Dont waste ggg's bandwidth pls
"
Chadwixx wrote:

Guessing you mean he's got 7 challenges done, which shouldn't matter. I've only got 6 but I'm no longer playing the league. Does the number of challenges someone have make their opinion any less relevant? Not likely.

Oh and what's this, laby hate thread #5 or 6 for you? I've lost count, either way though you've taken the lead with the highest number of laby hate threads. Congrats! :P
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Last edited by Shovelcut on Oct 14, 2016, 9:33:07 PM
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Chadwixx wrote:

Guessing you mean he's got 7 challenges done, which shouldn't matter. I've only got 6 but I'm no longer playing the league. Does the number of challenges someone have make their opinion any less relevant? Not likely.

Oh and what's this, laby hate thread #5 or 6 for you? I've lost count, either way though you've taken the lead with the highest number of laby hate threads. Congrats! :P

Why even bother if you post nothing?
"
Chadwixx wrote:
"
Emphasy wrote:

I use the phoenix shield for lab, its very nice for izaro's fire spam. Ill post the saw blades on spikes when i do it again.

Trust me, ive done the lab many times, i know whats killing me and how.

The problem is you take fire damage while on the steps, when your not on the steps there are spikes. I wear a rats nest, my char is small too :)

If you are talking about areas where the floor has the alternating fire floor and the corner areas have a place to stand but have the alternating spikes. The stairs are safe. I can always stand on them. If you can't it isn't super hard to keep moving and avoid getting spiked.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info