R.I.P. [2.6] Explosive Arrow - Elementalist Build Guide (multi class + version, in depth theory)

I think it looks ok, honestly there's not much wiggle room if you want to travel all the way down to the duelist area. In the end it comes down to more damage vs more health & regen. In my case though I'd swap 4% life for 0.8% regen (marauder area) but I'd have to do the math to see which one is better.
Last edited by Bawtzki on Sep 27, 2016, 4:41:55 PM
Well the best thing you can do is Garand Spectrum. There is nothing that can come close. I currently own 9 Spectrum jewels. I will probably respec soon. The tree I'm contemplating on currently uses 10 jewels. The more the better.

Regen is fine and all but honestly I think it's enough if you can sustain the mana costs of your skills. I'd rather have a bigger life pool personally.

I'll edit the first videos for the Bereserker now. The damage is awesome. I did die 1x. I will analyze the footage and see if I can get him some better defenses. I did run an elemental reflect map tho and I did it just fine without any problems. :)
Greengroove's Loot Filter Scripts: poeurl.com/OMs
I'd love to see your Grand Spectrum tree, I'm planning on focusing on a single character this league so that would be a good way to take the char into new direction when/if I get bored.
I have revisited my Spektroom tree and I'm quite pleezed with the result. Check it out here! I think It's going to be hard to optimize this any further.

In other news I have uploaded the video for my first tests in high maps with the Berserker! I even did an elemental reflect map. The guy is quite nutz.
Im stuck with a 6L corrupt bow with these colors, so instead of inc burning damage, I am using this setup. Damage is great so far. Any recommendatiosn?

I love pie.
Greengrove, can you post your berserker gear or open your profile so I can check it out?
I assume it's not much different, but just curious. You're not using Grand Spectrum jewels are you?
What's your opinion on speccing for them as a berserker if possible?
Last edited by B2rad on Sep 28, 2016, 12:08:02 PM
@xSyK0TiC: Yes I do.

Try the conc. effect instead of increased aoe (see how it feels). We already have good aoe with Beacon of ruin. If you opted for other ascendancy nodes than your set up is fine. Still I'd switch to conc. for bosses. If conc. feels good to use I can also tell you that it will in fact be a better damage boost than increased burning damage. You can also use culling strike on bosses instead of LMP.

In general the gear you use is just fine. But you can squeeze more damage out of it if you get better resists on boots and rings.

The rare quiver could be ok for ele. weakness maps. For those maps you need 170% to all resistances. Otherwise a Rearguard will be best. If you can get +1 arrow on quiver you can switch to LMP. Please note that you only get benefit from life and the resists on your rare quiver. I might also add that you can check Bawtzki's video. He has +1 arrow to quiver and is not even using LMP or GMP. It still looks great because he has some more aoe and is relying on the prolif aoe from Beacon of ruin. https://youtu.be/KFB6BsXm_sM

The winds of change are a very good choice for gloves. They provide a lot of double dipping damage as well as life.

I would try to get better boots with more resists. Try to focus on evasion or armour.

The marble amulet is ok but the Ngamahu Tiki can provide a lot of damage and some life as well.

A rare belt is fine but you can try to get and try out the Doryani's Invitation if you play soft core. I think the Doryani's Invitation is better on a witch while a Pathfinder would definitely prefer a rare belt with flask mods on it.

Try to get some Opal ring/s if you can. You can use a tier 6 essence of anger and get about 55% increased fire damage (that also double dip).

I am very likely going to respec my tree and go for a grand spectrum set up with about 11 jewels. I will lose some life but I'll gain a lot of damage. This route is quite costly as each of these jewels cost about 1 ex in Essence and about 3 ex in Standard.

@B2rad:

The gear I use on the Mara char is more or less the same. But I just started testing so that might change. The tree may change as well. I don't have Grand spectrum jewels in standard but we prepared a great tree for Mara to use with Garand spectrum! I will however try the (superior route with) grand spectrum on the Elementalist. This is the tree for Berserker and grand spectrum. You can check the notes on the bottom of the original forum thread next to the socila links. I'll probably make a whole thread once I have enough info.

Doedre's Elixir is a good choice to proc Cloaked in Savagery. I will look more into flasks these days.
Last edited by Greengroove on Sep 28, 2016, 6:50:39 PM
My current setup - burn damage is ok, but nothing to write home about. Could be lack of Winds of Change, but I need the res.

I love pie.
The setup is ok. You could:

- Use a Sulphur flask (40% increased damage)! Just get it. ;)
- The amulet is almost lowest roll and can go up for another 19%.
- Boots are ok but I would rather use two toned boots as they provide the most resistances.
- Winds of change could add another 50% increased damage.
- The Doryani's invitation could add another 30% increased damage. It's cheap and the stats Synergize well with the build.
- I am able to use 1 Opal ring (if not ele. weakness map) on my setup that grants me about 50% increased damage.

I have just listed improvements that would improve your damage by 189%. This damage scales both the initial hit and the burn dot.

- on bosses you can switch LMP to culling strike and that too can be a BIG difference in damage. Instead of less damage you would gain about 36% increased damage and the culling effect. That is quite huge.
- Since I play soft core and my life pool is already at 7.9k I opted for pure damage jewels:

All in all there is much room to grow for your build. Of course if you can get your hands on about 11 Grand spectrum jewels then the story changes completely... That is also a reason why I decided not to rely on life and resists on jewels. I will be able to do the transition much easier.

For reference 11 Spectrum jewels will grant you 605 elemental damage.
Last edited by Greengroove on Sep 29, 2016, 5:27:58 AM
"
Greengroove wrote:
The setup is ok. You could:

- Use a Sulphur flask (40% increased damage)! Just get it. ;)
- The amulet is almost lowest roll and can go up for another 19%.
- Boots are ok but I would rather use two toned boots as they provide the most resistances.
- Winds of change could add another 50% increased damage.
- The Doryani's invitation could add another 30% increased damage. It's cheap and the stats Synergize well with the build.
- I am able to use 1 Opal ring (if not ele. weakness map) on my setup that grants me about 50% increased damage.

I have just listed improvements that would improve your damage by 189%. This damage scales both the initial hit and the burn dot.

- on bosses you can switch LMP to culling strike and that too can be a BIG difference in damage. Instead of less damage you would gain about 36% increased damage and the culling effect. That is quite huge.
- Since I play soft core and my life pool is already at 7.9k I opted for pure damage jewels:

All in all there is much room to grow for your build. Of course if you can get your hands on about 11 Grand spectrum jewels then the story changes completely... That is also a reason why I decided not to rely on life and resists on jewels. I will be able to do the transition much easier.

For reference 11 Spectrum jewels will grant you 605 elemental damage.

Yeah, spectrums are the goal, and I could buy them now, but Id be broke right afterwards and I dont like that.
I love pie.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info