R.I.P. [2.6] Explosive Arrow - Elementalist Build Guide (multi class + version, in depth theory)

"
Greengroove wrote:
"
hogpeuf707 wrote:
Hey Greengroove!

I love the build, I have been playing it a ton lately! I have one question though, I am almost 96 and decided to take the extra passive point from Normal Bandits so I have a few extra passive points to spend past what the Grand-Spectrum tree uses. Do you have any recommendations on where to allocate these points? As of now I've been working towards the Celestial Judgement node; taking the direct route through the Ele damage nodes and later will respec into the Fire damage nodes. Is there anything else worth while that I should take in place of these?

Cheers!

I would probably respec, take the life from normal oak and grab Fury bolts (below Duelist) instead. The node is awesome with lot of double dip damage, accuracy and even strenght (life). Gz on the nice level, glad ure having fun!

Oooh! Good call, I completely overlooked that talent.

Thank you for the quick reply!

GL SS!
Last edited by hogpeuf707 on May 14, 2017, 7:17:18 PM
Liking this build. Was just wondering if there was a complete tree yours only goes to lvl 85. And what should i do for gear now?

"
Knuk wrote:
Liking this build. Was just wondering if there was a complete tree yours only goes to lvl 85. And what should i do for gear now?

Please look again, there's a few tree versions. Taste of hate is meh. Try sulphur flask or flask of the wise oak instead. Can get a better belt. The amulet is quite trash. No life. Maybe get ngamahu tiki instead. Get EA 21 and Empower 4. But honestly the gems may not be worth investing in.

"
This build may not work in 3.0. At least it will probably be weaker. :(
Greengroove's Loot Filter Scripts: poeurl.com/OMs
why dont u pick resolute technique and how are you generating your frenzy chargeS?
Last edited by DrLestatt on Jun 3, 2017, 8:08:54 AM
"
DrLestatt wrote:
why dont u pick resolute technique and how are you generating your frenzy chargeS?

I believe everything is explained in the guide. Resolute technique < ELEMENTAL OVERLOAD
Can't have both, and the later is better. Frenzy charges are generated with Frenzy. See guide and videos.

"
Again, note that this build will probably be RIP in 3.0.
hi, this looks like a very strong build, I've been thinking if it could be used for 3.0 (after patches) to focus on ignites only. Now that ggg are canceling immunities. Was thinking along lines
elementalist/MoM/prolif (from ascendancy)/ enf on blasphemy, stuff like that
"
etixet wrote:
hi, this looks like a very strong build, I've been thinking if it could be used for 3.0 (after patches) to focus on ignites only. Now that ggg are canceling immunities. Was thinking along lines
elementalist/MoM/prolif (from ascendancy)/ enf on blasphemy, stuff like that

You can use the thread as a guideline. It will probably work similarly as it does now. Elementalist has built in prolif and that's 50% of the fun. As it is now, the build relies on blood magic to sustain the VERY HIGH mana cost. MOM might not be a good thing to look at because the mana cost, but maybe ok for leveling.

Let's see what happens. I am not a theory crafter and I can't speculate much at this point. I will be looking at potential for new EA builds at some point, and maybe I'll update the thread, if I get some good infos.

I like this build because it doesn't use auras. You can literally log in and run a map straight up. Blasphemy may also not be the best thing for this build since often you get to off screen kill stuff. It is a ranged build, tho curse on hit works great. I think if you wana use MOM you may need to focus on mana as well as life.

Let me know if you find out anything / experiment.
https://pastebin.com/FACLCCNy

10.8k eHP with MoM. 63(53 with single target) mana cost EA(took every single mana cost reduction node in templar/marauder area)

38.5k explosion with 1 arrow in the AOE setup.

393k 5 fuse explosion with the single target setup. Not great but good enough for map bosses. Can get more dmg with a hrimnor helm instead of devotos.

I don't recommend doing shaper or atziri with it but EA is far from dead.

Also before someone says anything about using Chance to Ignite when ignite is garbage, it has a more fire dmg mod on it in the beta so it outpaces stuff like fire pen. We'll be using a rare quiver with ele dmg with attacks in 3.0 cause that works with EA now. Bye bye Rearguard

Last edited by Coil1 on Jul 7, 2017, 7:10:21 AM
"
Coil1 wrote:

10.8k eHP with MoM. 63(53 with single target) mana cost EA(took every single mana cost reduction node in templar/marauder area)

393k 5 fuse explosion with the single target setup. Not great but good enough for map bosses. Can get more dmg with a hrimnor helm instead of devotos.

Also before someone says anything about using Chance to Ignite when ignite is garbage, it has a more fire dmg mod on it in the beta so it outpaces stuff like fire pen. We'll be using a rare quiver with ele dmg with attacks in 3.0 cause that works with EA now. Bye bye Rearguard

Ah I was already using a rare quiver when I last played. I think that was always the better choice for endgame. So wed is now going to work with EA? wow, that's cool. I'll definitely be trying EA again in 3.0.

But that's going to take time for me most likely I'm probs going to do it slow. Ideally I would still love to see a BM version. I grew to love bm. Mind over matter also needs quite a bit of investment to pull off. BM = no aura = log in > open map > kill stuff. Overall there may be many options for ea in 3.0.
"
Greengroove wrote:
"
Coil1 wrote:

Ah I was already using a rare quiver when I last played. I think that was always the better choice for endgame. So wed is now going to work with EA? wow, that's cool. I'll definitely be trying EA again in 3.0.

But that's going to take time for me most likely I'm probs going to do it slow. Ideally I would still love to see a BM version. I grew to love bm. Mind over matter also needs quite a bit of investment to pull off. BM = no aura = log in > open map > kill stuff. Overall there may be many options for ea in 3.0.

mom requires no gear investment. you get over 150% inc mana from passives. mom doesnt use auras either. You can never get the same level of tankiness with BM as with mom.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info