Frost Bomb needs PvP scaling of some sort.

"
TheLastZica wrote:
TBH PvP would be better off without regen and CW gems entirely. Flasks should be enough for anyone who isn't trolling. But oh the screaming of the mindless children that would ensue if it were made so... I just ran into one of them. He seemed very impressed with himself and determined to stop me from getting my dailies.

Spoiler
He failed, of course.

Uhh.. Firstly, gtfo my cwdt gems; love them shits.
Secondly, I can't stand how flask-based this game is; I try to make characters that depend on flask as little as possible. gtfo there too.
"
TwoHits wrote:
Uhh.. Firstly, gtfo my cwdt gems; love them shits.
Secondly, I can't stand how flask-based this game is; I try to make characters that depend on flask as little as possible. gtfo there too.

So you think that people should be able to just AFK-kill people and be extremely hard to kill just by building that way and AFKing in arena? Rather than, you know, having sane limits on survivability and actually requiring people to play the game to kill people? You don't see any major flaws with your ideas?

Interesting.

Perhaps we need a PvP mode where you pay GGG 20 bux and it just spams "A WINNER IS YOU!" at you over and over. Clearly that would be a further improvement towards your idea of the ideal PvP. Or at the very least one where you can spend a few hundred exalts to get that for most intents and purposes... oh, wait. That's what we already have.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
Last edited by TheLastZica on Oct 18, 2016, 1:52:24 PM
What lol

I'm not asking for anything like removing it entirely, I'm asking for some scaling with gem level/pvp T values/whatever.

It's the same line of questioning as secondary damage or block or penetration.

We can't have insane reduction to character defenses in PvP, it has to be balanced around some value to make it more fair for both sides.

🥚 IGN: demigodking | Creator of Demigod's Wager
🍋 twitch.tv/demi | youtube.com/demigodkinglol
🥔 Mirror Thread (400+ Services): pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1753977
🍋 #1 Items, IIQ MF Item Duplication Services, Carries and More!
🥚 TheSpiderQueenByDemi - Hall of Grandmasters
It's fine the way it is, honestly. It has, as far as I've seen, very limited uses outside of pvp, other than further cold res lowering. The only people who have an issue with frost bomb regent are the people whose builds feature little more than insane regen. Everything needs to have some counter in pvp, and for a long time, high regen was something difficult to counter.
Frost bomb just brings you down a few pegs, that's all it's no different than Dream Frags against me, or Brass Dome against crit builds. It's a completely valid counter against those no-controls-needed builds.

And honestly, regen against balanced skills is not always fair. Examples would be Qbot or Dismantle back in the days before frost bomb. So you're kinda wrong about not needing defense reductions in pvp. If the degen is that bad, then change your build to something that doesn't use regen as that much of a crutch. Try a different play style.

I'll edit for clarity later.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
It's fine the way it is, honestly. It has, as far as I've seen, very limited uses outside of pvp, other than further cold res lowering. The only people who have an issue with frost bomb regent are the people whose builds feature little more than insane regen. Everything needs to have some counter in pvp, and for a long time, high regen was something difficult to counter.
Frost bomb just brings you down a few pegs, that's all it's no different than Dream Frags against me, or Brass Dome against crit builds. It's a completely valid counter against those no-controls-needed builds.

And honestly, regen against balanced skills is not always fair. Examples would be Qbot or Dismantle back in the days before frost bomb. So you're kinda wrong about not needing defense reductions in pvp. If the degen is that bad, then change your build to something that doesn't use regen as that much of a crutch. Try a different play style.

To be fair, demi did make other successful characters.

Personally I just think regen as a whole is a broken mechanic to have in PvP. Damage should get nerfed and regen gutted to shit levels so that damage actually sticks. If you wanna heal, use flasks or leech. At least with leech you gotta hit shit and once pathfinder gets nerfed, flasks will be able to run out for once.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
actually if you dont have master surgeon as pathfinder, there is no big difference between pathfinder and other classes in pvp 1v1 duels. pvp 1v1 duels most of the time takes less than 15-20 seconds.

you run out of flasks like any other characters. yeah nature's boon is cool but it doesnt mean you have endless of flask charges. what makes pathfinder strong is that +15 MS buff, 10% global pen in pvp and status ailments immunity.

lets check the strongest flasks pf can use: rumi has 2 charges, vinktar has 2 charges, dying sun has also only 2 charges, they run out of charges very very easily.

if they nerf pf, i think its gonna be a master surgeon nerf, the node itself or the multi hitting skills that gets OP benefit from that like BV. we'll see.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Oct 18, 2016, 4:46:58 PM
"

Just to compare:

Block Chance Reduction:

level 1/0 = 20% reduced block, 20% reduced dodge.

level 20/20 = 35% reduced block, 34% reduced dodge.

Frost Bomb:

level 1: 75% reduced regen, 20% reduced cold res.

level 20: 75% reduced regen, 20% reduced cold res.

Are you seeing my point yet? It requires NO investment, 1 blue socket and you completely break regen. Don't even need int. I wouldn't care if it scaled up with level just like BCR, but its just an auto include that doesn't even affect your main six link.

Quit bringing my builds into this discussion, as I have more than one character that are more than ready to PVP lol. I use Frost Bomb in every single PVP build I have, that's the issue. It's just too good at level 1 to not have in your setups.
🥚 IGN: demigodking | Creator of Demigod's Wager
🍋 twitch.tv/demi | youtube.com/demigodkinglol
🥔 Mirror Thread (400+ Services): pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1753977
🍋 #1 Items, IIQ MF Item Duplication Services, Carries and More!
🥚 TheSpiderQueenByDemi - Hall of Grandmasters
Last edited by DeMiGodking102 on Oct 18, 2016, 5:04:52 PM
If they will ever give T values to all skills one day, not even one single build can kill autistic tank + aegis build. All blockable builds that can kill Tank builds are broken mechanic abusing builds: miners, barrage etc. There is no legit setup that can kill a regen/20kES or aegis/regen build. Trust me i tried all with the best gear you can get in this game. Frost bomb is cool and helps people to deal with autistic builds.

Poe is not a game to satisfy peoples childhood immortality/eternal safety fantasies. I think this is the thing that you should embrace and move on.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Oct 18, 2016, 5:29:20 PM
"
Rupenus wrote:
If they will ever give T values to all skills one day, not even one single build can kill autistic tank + aegis build. All blockable builds that can kill Tank builds are broken mechanic abusing builds: miners, barrage etc. There is no legit setup that can kill a regen/20kES or aegis/regen build. Trust me i tried all with the best gear you can get in this game. Frost bomb is cool and helps people to deal with autistic builds.

Poe is not a game to satisfy peoples childhood immortality/eternal safety fantasies. I think this is the thing that you should embrace and move on.

I kill tier 2 Aegis trolls daily with Heavy strike....a skill that's pretty much crap and requires aim/name locking. Tier 1 trolls just shouldn't even be possible i.e Spider/Qbot.

Frost bomb and many other skills should require leveling first before they can be as powerful as they are out of the gate. Thus requiring more self cast or higher CWDT thresholds to trigger. With that said, Frost bombs fine...but I totally see his point about it being too good at level 1.

Though with the looooooong list of legitimately stupid shit in PvP, Frost bomb seems like, I dunno none existent as an issue.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Oct 18, 2016, 6:43:52 PM
you kill them with or without frost bomb?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info