[2.4]Solas's Slivertongue Bow Crit DoT Assassin Build/Theorycraft (WIP)

I really want to try this build, yet I dont know the boundries of it. Will it be able to push atleast to guardians? how is the damage? Is there any videos available? It seems like a really interesting concept.
For those still interested; You f*ed up on some life nodes in your tree, which most people do tbh.
Drop the life nodes around thick skin & the one dex node.
They are almost never worth it, 4 points for 18% life.
If you really want the life to be defensive, then grab the life+%evasion near ranger start instead.
It becomes 17% hp 44% evasion instead of 10 dex and 18% life which is alot better in most cases.

Besides that the build looks fine.
Certainly a good way to use the bow, using it to increase your 30% chance to bleed on hit to 100% to start the snowball of damage over time earlyer.
I kind of feel like that's kind of a waste of potential of the bow at that point though x:

I'd likely make it more or less the same, xcept make it a ranger to benefit alot more from this bow.

-Free Pierce at start of projectile & pierce chance increases crit chance (Can drop the pierce nodes that way) [Deadeye]
-Free Chain (More consistent clearing and even more pierce bleed procs with the same attack) [Deadeye]
-Can run with bleed on yourself vs reflect (No extra damage from bleed when moving) [Deadeye]
-More Crit chance vs bleeding enemies, which largely makes up for the lost crit chance on assassin [Deadeye]

This means you will have to run 'Herald of Ice + curse on hit + assassins mark' for power charges though, but this will also mean you will gain mana & life every kill which means you don't need to run mana leech which saves nodes again.

But it all comes down to the playstyle you prefer of course. Both are certainly viable options, putting a whole bunch of smaller dots that add up the more you attack on shadow (Because of Toxic delivery & Noxious Strike becoming better the more Dot's already in place)
Which is alot safer overall but feels slower generally.
Versus Ranger with bigger and less attacks but Damage over time that doesn't stack very well after the first one which makes for a more fast paced hit and run style of play.
"
DexterPoE wrote:
Hey thanks for posting this guide dude! Im doing a similar slivertonque assassin build.
Question: Why do you pick Deadly Infusion over Assassinate?

Here's the big difference:
Deadly infusion path:
-30% crit chance
-0.5% crit chance & 8% crit multi per charge, (so 2% crit chance & 32% crit multi[with power charge from Merciless])
-10% chance to gain power charge on non crit
-20% power charge duration

Assassinate path:
-30% crit chance
-30% crit multi
-A one time 40% crit multi & 100% more crit chance versus full life (which isn't gnna do much because you have to attack and re-apply your damage over time several times)
-Hits deal 30% increased damage against enemies on Low Life and 100% crit versus Low Life + Your critical Hits have Culling

Essentially
same 30% crit chance, same crit multi on both, but extra base crit %, free power charge regen and longer up time on charges
Vs
First hit which is bigger, but doesn't matter because you have to re-apply anyway and your Hits, meaning extra attacks on Low Life targets are bigger, but they will die anyway at that point because of your Damage over time, which is not increased by this passive.
And your (only) critical Hits instantly kill targets with 10% or less hp is the same thing, they'll die from damage over time anyway.
Firstly, really thank you for this interesting build. I have a concern with this build about the Unique Bow Silvertonger. I saw this bow have 100% crit chance with arrow that fork, and my question is between piece and fork, which one is better? Why you use piece support gem but not fork?
"
shinhajoon wrote:
Firstly, really thank you for this interesting build. I have a concern with this build about the Unique Bow Silvertonger. I saw this bow have 100% crit chance with arrow that fork, and my question is between piece and fork, which one is better? Why you use piece support gem but not fork?

If a projectile pierce it's impossible for the same chain or fork, and unfortunately the 100% crit chance on fork don't mean a guaranteed critcal hit =/, pierce have a more mult so more dps on the tooltip and more damage for poison and bleed and offers a better clear in some cases, the fork gem have a less mult and gives less damage overall, I personally like fork with some skills but pierce is a better gem for this setup.
Last edited by Gr1m1r on Oct 27, 2016, 9:51:25 PM
Hi, I'm highly interested in your build. But I really want to try to use Fork for it (I don't actually have enough currency to buy a Rigwald's though)

I plan to use Lightning Arrow - GMP - Fork - Inc. Crit - Faster Attack and PPAD if I come to have a 6 link. that's for the pack clearing.

Now for the single target I thought about : Barrage - PPAD - Inc. Crit - Added Chaos Damage - Void manip - Poison (since I intend to use Facebreaker over Snakebite)

And I came up with that tree :

I'd like to know if this could work
Planning on picking up this build and running with it. Dont know what it will become but high end will be interesting to say the least

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info