[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
ArniQQ wrote:
"
torn5do wrote:
Hello everybody ,

So yeah my question is : Do you think this build will still be viable for the new league, and is that a good starting build?

( Ps: Thanks for all these builds:)

Yes. Even though the AoE nerfs hit flameblast quite hard, its probably the best build for leveling and going into early mapping.

so, you think that this build still great for, for instance, tier13 with hard mods, boss kill (like the vids in op), or you think that its too weak for this stuff now?
"
kilixpree wrote:
"
ArniQQ wrote:
"
torn5do wrote:
Hello everybody ,

So yeah my question is : Do you think this build will still be viable for the new league, and is that a good starting build?

( Ps: Thanks for all these builds:)

Yes. Even though the AoE nerfs hit flameblast quite hard, its probably the best build for leveling and going into early mapping.

so, you think that this build still great for, for instance, tier13 with hard mods, boss kill (like the vids in op), or you think that its too weak for this stuff now?

Why would it be too weak ? As i understand it it is only a tiny bit slower since it covers less area but the damage is still the same.
Is it worth running Carcass Jack after the AoE nerf?

BiS armor now? Infernal Mantle?

Why is Doryani's Catalyst not mentionned as a good weapon? Not enough cast speed?
Last edited by dguay on Mar 1, 2017, 12:07:30 AM
So the new league will be path flameblast respecting into vaal spark /ice Nova...
FLAMEBLAST damage untouched. This will be probably the build that the majority of people will do
The area of the skill has decreased by 40%.

The calculation takes into:
carcass jack
amplify group
blast radius group
explosive impact
increased area effect support gem

This will be 40% slower...

Last edited by virus8899 on Mar 1, 2017, 3:25:38 AM
"
virus8899 wrote:

carcass jack
amplify group
blast radius group
explosive impact

It will only be 40% slower if EVERY SINGLE Flameblast would hit monsters in it's entire area EVERY SINGLE CAST. For smaller packs, this nerf will literally make no difference at all. For larger packs, it will be slightly worse, and the only time it actually will be 40% slower is in HUGE packs where monsters actually would fill the entire area of the spell. And this is not even including the overlap of Flameblasts that also would reduce your speed because less total area of the map is covered.

Overreact much.
"
An1Lusion wrote:
"
virus8899 wrote:

carcass jack
amplify group
blast radius group
explosive impact

It will only be 40% slower if EVERY SINGLE Flameblast would hit monsters in it's entire area EVERY SINGLE CAST. For smaller packs, this nerf will literally make no difference at all. For larger packs, it will be slightly worse, and the only time it actually will be 40% slower is in HUGE packs where monsters actually would fill the entire area of the spell. And this is not even including the overlap of Flameblasts that also would reduce your speed because less total area of the map is covered.

Overreact much.

Efficiency is always calculated from the size of the area of action skill. This calculated efficiency.
For the calculation of the practical effectiveness need to spend too much effort. There's a lot of variables. Sometimes you will kill group of monsters for the 1 cast, and sometimes up to 2 or even 3. While earlier they could get in one cast. It depends on the position of the monsters on the map.

Sorry for my English. I use Google translate.
With the buff to Soul Mantle (Soul Mantle: Socketed gems now supported by level 20 Spell Totem.), would this be close to BiS, as we can now get an effective 7 link Spell Totem? What would the link setup look like in this case?
How about prolif support gem ?
"
MaWeL83 wrote:
How about prolif support gem ?

You should take a closer look before asking questions. I wrote this on the page before this one:

"I was running both prolif and inc AoE before the nerf and will continue doing it after. You one-shot bosses anyways, and if you are lazy like me and dont wanna swap gems around too often. For harder boss fights you just swap prolif to controlled destruction and inc AoE to conc effect."

For me, i cant understand someone not running prolif. Especially for beyond it's crazy good.
"Hodor", said Hodor

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info