[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
pdot1336 wrote:
"
VenGanZa9 wrote:

This is my gear so far.

I am finding T15 content no great drama, I still have to be a bit careful in breaches, but things are going quite well.

I have four level 21 gems so far, and will vaal a few more I am sure.

I want to grab a 500+ ES helm with FB enchant next, and perhaps a 600+ shield. I need to upgrade a ring I bought temp since I ditched Valyrium for Skyforths, but apart from that I will need to make incremental changes.

Going to take the build as far as it will go before league ends.

What pots are you using? I'm basically copying your setup. Will post a screen of gear later on once I have ammy/rings setup too

Going to run t14 with this tomorrow. It is my 1st real character. Very happy with the results so far. What can be done to improve this build? FYI Skyforths are on my list. Is there anything else I should be targeting? Is anything more important than skyforth right now?

Thanks everyone too for all the help provided, especially OP and Venganza9.

What should i change? My dps atm is about 2,5k its life based,i know that helmet is crap i have new one.
I feel like im missing something..
"

Going to run t14 with this tomorrow. It is my 1st real character. Very happy with the results so far. What can be done to improve this build? FYI Skyforths are on my list. Is there anything else I should be targeting? Is anything more important than skyforth right now?

Thanks everyone too for all the help provided, especially OP and Venganza9.

Honestly you can do without the expense of Skyforths.

I do not intend to make other characters this league, so I can afford to splurge all my income on Skyforths :)

The Valyrium is a cheap alternative which I found mitigates stun very well. Certainly Chayula would be great also if you can cope with INT/DEX requirments + resists from other items. Even with Valyrium I found it fairly easy to double cap.

As for "pots" I am lazy to be honest and have no messed about with them much. I have bleed, a sorrow of the divine I will probably replace with something else later and three other flask (one a mana) which are all anti freeze lol :)

I have found decent jewels. All my jewels are at least 10-13 cast speed, and they are all 4 stats items with things like 10% extra damage, 12 to fire/cold and suchlike. I have a few of them, I might sell a couple later.

Some jewels can be quite expensive, but I bought all mine dirt cheap by keeping an eye on listings on poe.trade :)

Since I went to Skyforths my ES has dropped under 12.000 but the new ring give me extra cast speed and suchlike.

I am finding T15, T16 mobs trivial. Guardians are no problem either provided you pay attention to fight mechanics.

FB totems is a bit clunky and far less fluid than EQ Slayer (Norse's build) I played last league, however I find the damage very effective and in certain situations it is safer than even EQ Slayer.

Breaches are the main issue. In high level breaches, I don't care how many exalts you peppered you build with, it is still possible to get overwhemled and hammered if you are not attentive or just plain hosed by rng. Breaches can just be OP depending on map mods and plain old bad luck with lucky crit sandwiches :)

If we can set aside the foibles of breaches, then I believe FB totems is a damn solid build, capable of any map mod and any end-game content. I believe even the most budget life variant is capable of fairly high map tiers without much drama compared to many other builds which require more investment for similar outcomes.

One thing I have to "try" to learn, is to watch totems carefully, and not "spam" the things. I have great mana regen, but even I sometimes forget I am not melee yet find myself blithly in the middle of T15 mobs and spamming totems with gay abandon. Once you realise you are not a jugganaut and that your totems live quite a long time, you can be more strategic in your positioning :)
OCEANIC EXILES https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/581434

Oh got new helm 50c.... score :)
I've gone ahead and snagged your build guide for the new builds list. I hope that this is alright, but if you wish it to be removed, please contact me.

Cheers
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo

Hey guys, this is my first real build. I was hoping if you could give me some tips on what i should do next. I am clearing yellow maps pretty good. Should i be switching to CI? anyways anything will help. thanks.
"

Hey guys, this is my first real build. I was hoping if you could give me some tips on what i should do next. I am clearing yellow maps pretty good. Should i be switching to CI? anyways anything will help. thanks.

Your gear is pretty good actually, decent life, resistances and cast speed etc.

CI is potentially stronger than life yes, but please bear in mind that decent ES gear is substantially more expensive than life.

Consider too that crap ES with sub-optimal stats is worse than life, since you cannot simply pop an instant recovery heal flask to get out of Dodge, best you can do is Vaal Discipline and get safe to recharge :)

I would not advise going CI unless you already have some ok ES gear or the currency to jump into some right away. Certainly NOT unti you have good 6L ES chest armor, since it would blow goats to go from pretty nice life gear to aweful ES crap :)
Hey guys whats up!? Can anyone help me with my gears? I am really new to ES so I was wondering if you guys can help me with my equips and gem links

I am wearing Le Heup because of stat requirements but I will change it once I reach level 80++.

So for my weapon, I tried using essence of misery but the roll is not so good so I just crafted using 10chaos budget for each dagger. I am aiming to get 4 jewel sockets and fill it with cast speed since I don't have any on my gears. What should be my ES before going CI?

Weapon cost: 1c each (ilevel), 10chaos budget for craft = 22c
Helm: 45c, 17 chaos for craft = 62c
Armour: 5ex
Gloves: 7c
Boots: 3c
Belt: loot
Ring(Le Heup): loot - what stat should I look for?
Ring(R): 3c
Amulet: 25c

Total cost so far: 5ex and 122c
After 1 more lvl wich will be 87 i should be reaching 12k ES but im wondering if i should go dual daggers im bhc btw and i just did T11 map quite easy kinda hyped to go higher
Just switched to CI. I almost never died when using the life version, and after the switch I died on the first map. I guess I need practice with CI (never used CI before) ;)

I'll leave my gear here, so if anyone has any comments, it'd be appreciated.

I'm tempted to switch Rumi's to Sorrow of the Divine, but I'm not sure that'd be the best move.
Last edited by maykay on Jan 13, 2017, 5:47:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info