[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

I was wondering about small changes to Skill Tree. If we drop Heart of Flame (6 points) and pick up Shamanistic Fury (4 points) according to statsheet and calcs we get nearly the same damage (40 dmg difference) but better QoL due to quicker totem placement. Other bonus that is provided by Heart of Flame - 3% Fire Res Penetration - doesn't matter due to Inevitable Judgment and being almost Crit Capped, even more while using Silver Flask.
The Question remains what to do with 2 points we gained - no more accessible jewel slots, besides 4 already taken. Fire Walker is one option that gives some res and damage (more than Heart of Flame). As I'm not planning to improve this build much more in terms of gear (Let's be honest Pizza isn't made to clear breaches and kill Uber/Shaper) superb QoL option seems to be Dark Arts - 6 points gives us: 20% Cast Speed, 24% Attack Speed + some stats, but either we just replace it completely with Heart of the Flame and that deprives us of some damage or we level up to 95...
"
m4jesiu wrote:
I was wondering about small changes to Skill Tree. If we drop Heart of Flame (6 points) and pick up Shamanistic Fury (4 points) according to statsheet and calcs we get nearly the same damage (40 dmg difference) but better QoL due to quicker totem placement. Other bonus that is provided by Heart of Flame - 3% Fire Res Penetration - doesn't matter due to Inevitable Judgment and being almost Crit Capped, even more while using Silver Flask.
The Question remains what to do with 2 points we gained - no more accessible jewel slots, besides 4 already taken. Fire Walker is one option that gives some res and damage (more than Heart of Flame). As I'm not planning to improve this build much more in terms of gear (Let's be honest Pizza isn't made to clear breaches and kill Uber/Shaper) superb QoL option seems to be Dark Arts - 6 points gives us: 20% Cast Speed, 24% Attack Speed + some stats, but either we just replace it completely with Heart of the Flame and that deprives us of some damage or we level up to 95...

I feel the OP's life build skill tree is a little bit outdated/not optimized as much as his CI tree, if you look at his CI tree he did just what you are suggesting.

Imo, you absolutely should switch from HOF to Sham. You are correct it is more efficient.

As far as your 2 extra points, I looked at your tree and imo you should grab assassination over in shadow tree. That's 50% crit chance and 45 Multi! Since you say you are already crit capped, you could drop one of the extra power charges on the tree, saving you two more points, then spend those two points on the 15% crit multi nodes ion the doomcast cluster.

2 points for assassination = 50% crit chance and 45 Multi vs 2 point for an extra power charge which gives you 50% crit chance only. This switch alone is a no brainer imo :)
Last edited by whoismiked on Mar 23, 2017, 8:02:52 PM
"
whoismiked wrote:

I feel the OP's life build skill tree is a little bit outdated/not optimized as much as his CI tree, if you look at his CI tree he did just what you are suggesting.

Imo, you absolutely should switch from HOF to Sham. You are correct it is more efficient.

As far as your 2 extra points, I looked at your tree and imo you should grab assassination over in shadow tree. That's 50% crit chance and 45 Multi! Since you say you are already crit capped, you could drop one of the extra power charges on the tree, saving you two more points, then spend those two points on the 15% crit multi nodes ion the doomcast cluster.

2 points for assassination = 50% crit chance and 45 Multi vs 2 point for an extra power charge which gives you 50% crit chance only. This switch alone is a no brainer imo :)

I might've overstated a little bit my crit, as I focused on cast speed and I don't regret it (248% and 1 more 10% jewel to add). Still thanks for Assassination suggestion, that's fantastic one! Now I have buffed 69% crit chance, with lucky flask 90% (and it's almost always up while mapping).
Hi all, great build. I am level 81 so far and did my first t12 with ease. Looking for suggestions on upgrades with my gear, I sit around 2.9k DPS on my fireblast totem in my H/O, thats with increased AOE and a 5L, 179% cast speed. Any tips appreciated!

All hail the timer!
I'm already level 40 with this build
I'd like to ask a few questions.

1. What are the other viable skills to use for spell totem?
2. Is there an ICE version like using ice skills?
3. Is Flameblast the best skill damage and aoe wise for totem?
4. How does this compare with AW totem build?
5. I'm leaning towards Hiero, does the 8% less damage per totem active not almost cancelled out if there are 4 totems?
6. Is this build way more budget friendly or good for starters than witch necro/summoners?
Hi!,

For my first character, I tried this build.
At lvl. 37, I began the Normal Labyrinth. Except for an enigma,that was easy: so, i have a lot of rare stuff I have to check and my first Ascendancy points.

There is a point I don't understand: the guide advices to up the critical chance for spell (gers, support gem and Ascendancy point) but "Controlled Destruction Support" is linked to the main skill: Flameblast.
It seems antinomic to me.

Another quick question: almost every guide advice to hel Oak in Normal. Why? 40HP seems low. A passif point could be more powerfull, no?

In any case, thank you very much for this really good guide! It helps me to learn a lot!

40hp is trash early,but late with all +x% life is a lot more
Add another thing this build cant do:

Vaal temple twinned with 2 Dmg Mods. God I wish I had run spectral throw this league...

#CanRunEveryMapMod Thanks Obama
Last edited by Vallenhael on Mar 24, 2017, 4:40:50 AM
"
FLCEOAP wrote:
Hi!,

For my first character, I tried this build.
At lvl. 37, I began the Normal Labyrinth. Except for an enigma,that was easy: so, i have a lot of rare stuff I have to check and my first Ascendancy points.

There is a point I don't understand: the guide advices to up the critical chance for spell (gers, support gem and Ascendancy point) but "Controlled Destruction Support" is linked to the main skill: Flameblast.
It seems antinomic to me.

Another quick question: almost every guide advice to hel Oak in Normal. Why? 40HP seems low. A passif point could be more powerfull, no?

In any case, thank you very much for this really good guide! It helps me to learn a lot!

In endgame, when you're wealthy enough you can actually push beyond the mandatory 60% unbuffed critchance required for critcap (you get 35% from bufffs vs mobs and 32% vs bosses which are not ignite immune). So at some point you can just take CD and still be at or near critcap, CD reduced your crit chance by only 7%. Just dont do this at lvl 60 or smth... Also for ignite immune bosses (atziri, phoenix, maps with -90% ignite chance) you will want to use elemental focus instead, as it gives both more crit and more dmg.
Last edited by Vallenhael on Mar 24, 2017, 5:42:02 AM
"
whoismiked wrote:
"
k4n3 wrote:
Question about "Instruments of Virtue" ascendancy node:

1. Does "30% increased Cast Speed if you've Attacked Recently" pertain only to attack skills, such as whirling blades or perhaps i can obtain this 30% cast speed bonus in any other way?

thanks.

Only procs when using a skill with the "attack" tag, pretty much only option for us is whirling blades or shield charge.

FALSE! You can just stab the air (force stand still and auto attack) and it will give you the cast and attack speed buff! This is actually a viable tactic when you are sitting in a save spot and dont wanna whirl, but need the buff. Example: Minotaur with chilled grounds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info