Just another thread about Labyrinths and how they are GARBAGE

Just wanted to make yet ANOTHER thread (with probably hundreds of posts/pages and possibly individual threads) on how much the Labyrinth sucks and is a horrible feature of this game. It's tedious, wholly un-fun, and requiring players to run it to gain ascendancy skills is just absurd. We've already seen the HC community die out (compared to what it was) due to this garbage -- yet GGG still refuses to address the fact nobody likes it (and when I say nobody, I'd say 80%+ of the players).

Honestly, the Labyrinth is the one feature of this game I utterly despise; as do so do the MAJORITY of the players. I have friends who won't even try for the ascendancy points because of it. Not because they aren't "skilled" but because it's junk and just pisses people off.

GGG is just throwing players through the meat grinder the majority absolutely HATES.

LABYRINTH SUCKS and needs to be REMOVED AS A REQUIREMENT TO GAIN ASCENDANCY POINTS. Plain and simple. This is one of those issues like desync (before it was fixed). For a year GGG was talking about how it couldn't be fixed based on core mechanics - but lo and behold! It's fixed now! The Labyrinth is just as bad as desync. GGG stop messing around and get this crap removed as a requirement for ascendancy. It's utter GARBAGE.
All that and a bag of chips!
Last edited by Mooginator on Sep 10, 2016, 1:05:36 AM
Last bumped on Sep 17, 2016, 9:52:35 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I agree its the least fun part of the game.

its just painful, yet we are forced to do it....
I dont see any any key!
And here comes again the said "majority" of players hating the lab lol.

How about the traps in the new maps ? Do you like them ?
That should give you an hint on the direction that GGG is taking with it ...
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
I have no problem with the labyrinth. Merc Lab takes me about 10-15 min. Took me much more for the uber lab in maps.

I am unsure what the issue is really. You can easily just ran through most traps and Izaro is not that difficult of a boss comparing to overtuned map bosses now.
I enjoy how GGG starts locking threads about lab because there are so many so people go out of their way to make "yet another thread" to try to make a point.

I am wondering how many more times this will occur before probation start getting dished out.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Posting in Y.A.L.T.!

But seriously: Uber trials random spawn is bullshit. Now, I know GGG likes to force players into party/trade, but being almost lvl 90 and still not having an unlocked Uber is crap.

It was the same thing last league - that Stingy something trial just wouldn't spawn. The game should always spawn the next not completed trial, until you unlock the Lab. Or at least have a bias toward not yet completed trials...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Fruz wrote:

Actually, yes, the direction I see is less trap congestion, and more strategic layout that doesn't focus on the traps. If they're changing the labyrinth like that... it might make it more fun for more people.
The lab is fine. It's the players that need adjustments.
"
Zaludoz wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:

Actually, yes, the direction I see is less trap congestion, and more strategic layout that doesn't focus on the traps. If they're changing the labyrinth like that... it might make it more fun for more people.

It might ....
But they might want to find ways so that overleveling it does not completely trivialize it.
There is no such problem in high level maps.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
The lab doesn't belong in an ARPG (as a requirement). As mentioned, I've had friends quit (and not return) SOLELY because of the lab. Yes, one can "not do it" but good luck playing end-game high-level maps without your ascendancy points.

The core issue is this: Labs are fine for those who want to run them. The MASSIVE majority of players do NOT want to run the lab. This has been proven time and time again by hundreds (if not thousands) of player posts.

Sure, Keep the lab in. Make it optional. Let players who like that sort of playstyle play them - make the rewards better than they are now. Just allow ascendancy points to be acquired through another means (tied to grinding or something players enjoy) -- and if somebody wants to run labs to get them -- then fine. I never, EVER want to enter any lab again. I despise them. And I'm not alone.

Labs just piss most players off. Nothing more. I've been playing ARPGs since the beginning and I've never seen such a horrible system forced upon players implemented into a game like this (in order to get "end game points").

Oh, and Labs are the reason I don't create as many characters as I once did. I think to myself "oh a new build! ... oh... I have to run that new char through labs again... screw that..." -- and then I go off and play another game.

GGG is losing players over labs. No question. I'd play PoE a LOT more if I didn't have to go through them. Now because of them I usually create one character and that's it. Of course that means I play a lot less than I would have otherwise.

Oh, and this is the first time I didn't buy a supporter pack. Why? Because of the requirement to run labs to gain ascendancy points.
All that and a bag of chips!
Last edited by Mooginator on Sep 10, 2016, 4:07:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info