[3.8 BUFFED] Demi's PURE STRENGTH Righteous Fire Chieftain! SUPER BUDGET (TO START) ALL CONTENT

"
Tarvalon2 wrote:
This has probably been asked / answered somewhere in this thread, but why not grab Hinekora with your last uber lab point? Seems like fire leech would be pretty strong here!

Unfortunately degens can't leech, so the node doesn't do much for us.
"
Voddíe wrote:
Unfortunately degens can't leech, so the node doesn't do much for us.

That makes sense. I suppose that's an acceptable tradeoff for degens not proccing EE.
Last edited by Tarvalon2 on Dec 13, 2016, 6:36:00 PM

Is this amulet as awesome for RF as seems to be?

Edit: meh, so RF doesn't ignite you, just burns you....
Last edited by iNfi_ on Dec 13, 2016, 7:07:46 PM
"
saurion1 wrote:
So i finally hit 65 yesterday and using RF. Loving the RF gameplay so far, but i have some doubts:

1) Shock nova doesn't trigger often at all, so enemies have fire resistances up all the time (because of RF+Elemental Overload), therefore i have to keep Leap Slamming them to give them Cold Resist (and fire weakness). Why not use Cyclone + Cold Damage like most other RF builds?

Might be worth noting that your Shock Nova and CWDT setup is a little higher than need be, should only be sitting at lvl 1CWDT and 4 on Nova, this might help some of your infrequent proc issues
Hello!

I've just RIP'd at 87 and have now decided to use this build, I still haven't completely decided on juggernaut or chieftain what would you recommend for hardcore?

I'm currently leveling using ancestral chieftain totem with earthquake its extremely fast and the leveling passives is extremely similar so i can rearrange a few things for minimal points later.

Im wondering if its worth trying to run 2 curses, what are your thoughts on this and what would be the best route to enable 2 curses?

Thanks for the guide, hoping it will work out for me
"
Pamphleteer wrote:

This actually isn't a thing - RF doesn't "hit" so it does not proc EO, and thus doesn't grant fire resistance. I have found that Shield Charge is great for hitting them with EO (via cold or lightning damage), as the guide suggests.

I thought that RF didn't actually "hit", but still for some reason, after i walk into any group of enemies with RF on, i get the "resists fire" modifier under their name. Also, Leap Slam is also useful for hitting enemies with EO, im asking if there's any point in choosing SC over LS. There doesn't seem to be any advantages, and you lose the ability to jump over stuff.

"
Pamphleteer wrote:

The main reason for different setups is to have different effects - Molten Shell can be high level with a high level CWDT, so we get more damage/armor from it, and better life leach - and we put it in our weapon because the level 30 Iron Will gives even more damage. The same is true of Immortal Call and our Golem (higher level = better). Shock Nova, on the other hand, isn't going to do any damage to speak of (it's just there for random AOE crits, basically), so it doesn't matter what level it is, and you want it to proc constantly, so you use a level 1 CWDT.

I see... It does kinda makes sense to have Molten Shell + Life leech in the Doon. Im not comfortable having 3 CWDT jewels in a single build, but i guess there's no way around it.

"
Pamphleteer wrote:

Yeah. Don't let it get you down - yesterday I went from 4.9k to like 5.6k with only *very* minor item upgrades. Think of your life total as how you can progress your build. I started leveling with this build last Friday, after considering RF for a long time, and last night I hit 75. It's a blast, and I only die when I'm careless or distracted. I love it!

I'm loving the build too. I just need to find more +life gears i guess.

"
Cinewulf wrote:

Might be worth noting that your Shock Nova and CWDT setup is a little higher than need be, should only be sitting at lvl 1CWDT and 4 on Nova, this might help some of your infrequent proc issues.

Getting some new lvl 1 CWDT and lvl 4 Shock Nova gems as we speak. I used that because i had it laying around.
Last edited by saurion1 on Dec 13, 2016, 10:43:08 PM
"
Spooo wrote:
Hello!

I've just RIP'd at 87 and have now decided to use this build, I still haven't completely decided on juggernaut or chieftain what would you recommend for hardcore?

I'm currently leveling using ancestral chieftain totem with earthquake its extremely fast and the leveling passives is extremely similar so i can rearrange a few things for minimal points later.

Im wondering if its worth trying to run 2 curses, what are your thoughts on this and what would be the best route to enable 2 curses?

This is something I want to know too. I have tried getting second curse from passives but 6 points to get it seems too much, better spent elsewhere getting life and some area/overtime dmg from jewels (or is it better more life/dmg then second curse?)
I have tried also the +1 curse boots but that means to lose a good chunk of armor and over flat 250hp (at least at this moemnt when I dont have enough currency to get a good 6l astral to get double curse on hit with shield charge) or +1 amulet wich will be expansvie

So, what would be a good/efficient way to get a second curse?

Is it better to lose HP and get a second curse or not
Guys I got Exalted orb today, is there any point to save it or just sell and buy the best gear for the build ??
"
sangvinu2 wrote:
"
Spooo wrote:
Hello!

This is something I want to know too. I have tried getting second curse from passives but 6 points to get it seems too much, better spent elsewhere getting life and some area/overtime dmg from jewels (or is it better more life/dmg then second curse?)
I have tried also the +1 curse boots but that means to lose a good chunk of armor and over flat 250hp (at least at this moemnt when I dont have enough currency to get a good 6l astral to get double curse on hit with shield charge) or +1 amulet wich will be expansvie

So, what would be a good/efficient way to get a second curse?

Is it better to lose HP and get a second curse or not

This depends on your Playstyle. In this build he focuses on Strength/Life and RF, boosting life regen with doon cuebiyari and Molten Shell/Life Leech to be able to facetank most stuff. I've not done a build with Juggernaut and Totems yet, so I can not help here. However, if you target to do this build, I'd go for the life instead of two curses (which basically means more damage), as also RF dmg is based on your life. Except you think it is worth it if you need a few more tries for some bosses, because if they die after dying yourself for 2 or 3 times cause of less life, you still manage to farm endgame content, however for the leveling progression it might not be nice.
https://www.twitch.tv/ston3cold3
"
old_nihilist wrote:
Guys I got Exalted orb today, is there any point to save it or just sell and buy the best gear for the build ??

Depends on how satisfied you are with your current gear. I dont have 800 Strength yet, but Doryanis is too expensive with 1.5 ex for nearly each roll (only high rolls cost 2 to 3.5 ex on poe.trade atm). Im lvl 85 currently with about 7.3k life. It will go up to 9 k soon cause of 3 more 5% life nodes next 3 levels and with lvl 90 and 92 two more jewel sockets for me.
https://www.twitch.tv/ston3cold3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info