Patch 2.4.0d (Restartless)

FWIW this has done nothing to aid my lag spikes (the ones others have been reporting too). Playing on EU. Not playing on a toaster either.
after this patch, i get blackscreen only. after checking resources, i get stuck at black screen? cant even log in anymore. thanks ggg
"
WanJiew wrote:
after this patch, i get blackscreen only. after checking resources, i get stuck at black screen? cant even log in anymore. thanks ggg

its working now after i did a reboot.
I have been getting quite a bit of stuttering since the patch. It seemed fine earlier today but later the stuttering seems worse. I don't use an SSD but my PC is a fairly good gaming system. It is worst in common areas (non-instanced).
"
JaTochNietDan wrote:
It still didn't fix the memory leaks, that crashes the client at least 4 times/hour, which I didn't have before 2.4

Are u guys still looking into that?

Guess I can only hope...

i noticed the memory leak, only crashed once from it but my specs r like
gtx 970, 16 gb ddr4 6 core intel 3.4 ghz.

i had to google it to make sure my computer wouldnt blow up lol (it was a odd error message)

anyways it always seems i have no problems except the weird issue or 2 every so often and i see everyone else here like SHIT DOESNT WORK HALP. i would just suggest running PoE as admin
fun fact, i dont care much about challenges. i just play to play.
__
Rip melee Dec 2018
Last edited by alienfreak10 on Sep 9, 2016, 9:25:48 PM
Today was a nightmare. The game froze at least 10 times and i had to reset the computer to start over. I tried turning off shadows and texture quality to medium...but still continued.

I thoughts are that it is related to SOUND not graphics.

Hope this gets fixed .... all was great before this patch 2.4
Can't see any diffrence.
"
Shakeyvick wrote:
I have been getting quite a bit of stuttering since the patch. It seemed fine earlier today but later the stuttering seems worse. I don't use an SSD but my PC is a fairly good gaming system. It is worst in common areas (non-instanced).

This +1 -- very annoying.. it seems to be certain areas, like docks.. My frame rates drops to under 20 so it's unplayable
███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
"
Yasamatsu wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Patch 2.4.0d
  • Fixed a bug that would cause extraneous disk access on the main thread when loading new shaders. This was one cause of stuttering on some machines, especially those without SSDs. This bug had been present since 2.3.0.

This has been deployed without a realm restart. Restart your game client to download this update.

Ever since 2.4 started my poe has been using around 70% of my cpu.
I have an I7 4790k at 4.4GHz turbo boosted and I enjoy streaming poe but this patch has seen a huge increase in CPU usage meaning I am struggling to stream.
Not sure if the massive CPU Usage is just me? Hopefully if it isn't then I hope it gets fixed soon but if it is just me (which I don't think it is) I'm not sure because I can run most games with 0 problems just POE seems to be worse.

weird, i have a i7 4790K 4.6 ghz and poe sucks 35% cpu usage in act 3, lower usage in town, my overflooded hideout 40% O_o
Are you sure that you added PoE as an exception to your anti virus, so your anti virus doesnt scan all the streamed data/textures and other shit?? it could take a lot of cpu usage and a lot of memory bandwith

And dont forget, on windows 8& 10, there is a basic antivirus checking stuff in the background : windows defender! if you dont have an anti virus, windows forces you to use atleast this one!
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Sep 10, 2016, 9:47:09 AM
"
kiwichap wrote:
Today was a nightmare. The game froze at least 10 times and i had to reset the computer to start over. I tried turning off shadows and texture quality to medium...but still continued.

I thoughts are that it is related to SOUND not graphics.

Hope this gets fixed .... all was great before this patch 2.4

my game keeps freezing since the release of atla. i have i5-760 (2.8Ghz x 4) gtx 960 and 12 gb ram. my drivers are up to date.

i tried every possible option with disable or enable and my pc hardware is not overheating and nothing. its super annoying to crash so often. sometimes i can play for hours and sometimes i crash and have to cold restart my pc and even crash again after 3 minutes in game ........

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info