[Possible 3.0 Update Coming SOON!]"Dbum's Occultist Essence Drain/Decay with a F***ing Bow!"

Is this still viable after the Soul Strike nerf?
Last edited by Halagaz on Dec 9, 2016, 6:21:08 PM
Great build! Why cruel preparation with CI?
Last edited by Totholio on Dec 15, 2016, 4:45:14 PM
"
Koreapsu wrote:
Is this still viable after the Soul Strike nerf?

Hi, can we get the confirmation if the nerfed soul strike is still worth it?
Thanks!
With the nerf to soul strike this build is still amazing.

I am not currently playing this build atm but I will come back to it because I love essence drain.

I will update some things here and there as time allows.

Dbum
IGN @Dbum
Is ZO really worth taking? or is it just more of a quality of life node?

Dual wielding. Consuming dagger and breath of the council. Good or bad?
Last edited by McGoodness on Dec 21, 2016, 12:02:34 AM
nice build
Last edited by Bananass123 on Dec 21, 2016, 8:53:28 AM
Hey, I want to try this build but instead of bow, just go with delirium dagger & ES shield for more ES pool. The question is how do I setup gems with it? I haven't played ED build before, so which is more important for the shavs 6link, ED or contagion? And where do I link the other one?

This was an awful experience. It took 3ex worth of deliriums just to get an open prefix/suffix. Now i need to get cata 8 and sell some junk to get 2ex.

Aside from the bow missing the +1 gems, does the current setup look alright?

edit: Also, I really wanted to work on my own passive tree after this build post gave me inspiration-- what are your thoughts here?

Leveling trees:
Spoiler
Last edited by djfang on Dec 29, 2016, 7:04:43 AM
Great and creative build I liked the idea a lot and took the build to lvl73 only and gave up here is my 2cents.

I did not get a delirium and +1 bow, I used a 6L +1 bow only. Essence of delirium is about 42c at this point, and to craft a perfect bow for this build requires some luck and some currency. You can get a 6L short bow using the divination card the porcupine, i got it around 5c each. Overall short bow feels better to me cos it has no dex requirement, the tree has basically no str nor dex it will be a pain for gearing if I buy a 180dex bow, but this is just me. Then it might take at least 3-4 tries to get the 2prefix 2suffix delirium craft, then it will cost another 2ex to craft +1 all skills mod. It is not insanely expensive but definitely not cheap either.

I switched to low life around lvl70, according to my calculation I should be able to get at least 8k ES with my half ass tree and not-so-decent gears around 80. My tooltip on ED on a 6L +1bow and lvl2 empower was 7.5k when I gave up the build. Honestly speaking the quiver does not feel bad either even after the nerf but I find overall some issues regarding my ED build. I do not think it is news to any experienced ED users but I thought I'd share it.

1. Recharge still starts pretty quickly, however when you are ignited, bleeding, or poisoned the recharge will NOT start. This is a huge downside for mapping when the play style is to run through the mobs and you will constantly get hit, with high level maps you will get poison a lot of times, we have bleed mobs and bleed mob breaches, also not to mention 'cannot recharge ES' maps. The only defense (however strong) for this build is the ES recharge and the dual enfeeble/temp chain curse. While it is very strong but comparing to meta of 10k ES and VP instant leech it feels very lackluster. Positioning and patience is the best defense for this build, so clear speed will be slower.

2. ED is a playstyle that you either love or you hate. It basically takes two actions to kill a pack(apply contagion and then ED), and whether the packs are close enough is also a very big issue for this build. In open maps like dune or jungle valley the clear speed is pretty decent. but in maps with lots of corners it feels really painful. Cast speed is not very very fast and the two action thing is a turn-off for me. It does feel very satisfying in open maps though when you can chain two screens with a single ED but overall I do not really enjoy the play style.

3. ED is so clunky when dealing with 'mobs cannot die' auras. It makes it worse if the lead mob has a lot of HP. ED feels not so great with single target (admittedly with essence of delirium it should be much better hopfeully) but killing packs with this aura is really a pain.

Overall I could not convince myself to invest another 3-4ex to get the decay +1 bow because of above reasons. I'm not saying this is a bad build at all, this is a very good build making use of clever mechanices and synergies with gears. I hope whoever follows the build can resolve the issue I mentioned above and most importantly, have fun. Thanks OP for sharing the build, it was still a good journey for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info