Hacked Accounts

This is why it's a good idea to have separate email accounts, where emails are used to log onto games (IE Battlenet, PoE, EA's Battlefield, etc...). Or create a fake email account you use for logging onto websites. Either will keep your data safe should those sites get compromised.

Also, change your password to something unique and write it down. Even if you're just adding numbers at the end: instead of password make it password2013. Unless you've personally been hacked, they aren't likely to spend time trying to hack into a valid email if the PW they have on account doesn't work. They'll just jump to the next email/password they have on their list and give your account a pass.

A few simple measures of prevention will save some major headaches.
"
littlefuss wrote:
This is why it's a good idea to have separate email accounts, where emails are used to log onto games (IE Battlenet, PoE, EA's Battlefield, etc...). Or create a fake email account you use for logging onto websites. Either will keep your data safe should those sites get compromised.

Also, change your password to something unique and write it down. Even if you're just adding numbers at the end: instead of password make it password2013. Unless you've personally been hacked, they aren't likely to spend time trying to hack into a valid email if the PW they have on account doesn't work. They'll just jump to the next email/password they have on their list and give your account a pass.

A few simple measures of prevention will save some major headaches.

+ over 9000!

Plus dont install shady game trainers/hacks and stuff. Check the processes running on your computer weekly, so you notice when you catch something bad.

Maybe even use a firewall and only allow certain programms to use certain ports, block everything else. In both directions.

Make sure your connection to your ISP is safe. WPA and hidden SSID on the WLAN and no physical access to the router for anyone.
"
mkmaddage wrote:
"
TheHeffNerr wrote:
So when are you refunding me? I find it really funny that no one has directly contacted me yet I'm one of the only posters that make any legitimate post. Basically what I'm saying is you don't care, you say sorry blah blah blah but it means nothing to you.

With that attitude, no wonder no one has contacted you. Looking at your embittered posts it's clear nothing anyone says will get through to you but I'll take it on myself because such an egregious and utterly baseless outpouring of emotion can't be left unchallenged.

"
TheHeffNerr wrote:
The duplicate items issue you bring up is a poor poor poor poor excuse for treating paying customers this way. This will not crash the games eco system and never has in any game. D3, eco doesn't suck because blizzard allows roll backs. WoW eco system is not wacked out because blizzard replaces hacked items. these are the only 2 games I have experience in playing when it comes to hacked items so it'a all I can use.

Saying "poor" four times instead of once doesn't increase the effectiveness of your sentence. In fact, it achieves the opposite. It also doesn't make it true. You say this will not crash the game's economy but you have no information or knowledge at your disposal to back that up - you even admit you only have experience of two games in this area. Sorry, but you're wrong - the impact of the duplicate item issue is exactly as Chris has stated it.

"
TheHeffNerr wrote:
have fun with your new game Jay Wilson. Wait even Jay Wilson gave people at least 1 free roll back... Maybe you should hire him, he knows what customer service is at least.

And this is just ridiculous. You're completely on your own here - apart from the others who've joined you in the insanity of trying to attack developers who owe you not one single thing, as you've agreed via the Terms of Service.

As I said above, clearly nothing will get through to you - you are understandably upset but you've gone way off-base in your blame and the way you've chosen to carry it out. You may feel your anger is warranted but it's also clouding your judgement and your sense of what's right and what's wrong (tip: blaming developer known for transparency and listening to the community - wrong). Hopefully you can come back to this issue when you're a little calmer and reconsider what you've said and how you've chosen to deal with it.

That "attitude" as you call it if from the lack of transparency and service. They have good transparency when it comes to game bugs, that's about it. GGG isn't known for anything but PoE. Saying they are known for transparency and listening to the community is just dumb. 99% of these people here are useless to talk to they don't even have proper knowledge of malware / viruses to even help or to even share any sort of computer logs that may help GGG figure out what is going on.

It will not crash the game's economy and have given 2 examples of games that have not had the games economy crushed just because of dupes. I've said 2 games where I have experienced in playing when it comes to HACKED items. I've played many RPG / ARPG games but have never dealt with any sort of hacked items that have gone on.

GGG is the only company that has treated me this badly ever. I've never had any company in any where treat me like I'm just a fly on the wall they want to swat with a newspaper.

It's late I'm tired. 90% of this post has grammar issues I really don't care.

"Unfortunately, we cannot restore any items lost to theft." Unless you are a well known streamer then we will do anything for you.
Well, i just got hacked today and im pretty secure about my internet safety i run no script and all that stuff, gues it got my password because i used it for something else, oh well.
"
mkmaddage wrote:
"
TheHeffNerr wrote:
So when are you refunding me? I find it really funny that no one has directly contacted me yet I'm one of the only posters that make any legitimate post. Basically what I'm saying is you don't care, you say sorry blah blah blah but it means nothing to you.

With that attitude, no wonder no one has contacted you. Looking at your embittered posts it's clear nothing anyone says will get through to you but I'll take it on myself because such an egregious and utterly baseless outpouring of emotion can't be left unchallenged.

"
TheHeffNerr wrote:
The duplicate items issue you bring up is a poor poor poor poor excuse for treating paying customers this way. This will not crash the games eco system and never has in any game. D3, eco doesn't suck because blizzard allows roll backs. WoW eco system is not wacked out because blizzard replaces hacked items. these are the only 2 games I have experience in playing when it comes to hacked items so it'a all I can use.

Saying "poor" four times instead of once doesn't increase the effectiveness of your sentence. In fact, it achieves the opposite. It also doesn't make it true. You say this will not crash the game's economy but you have no information or knowledge at your disposal to back that up - you even admit you only have experience of two games in this area. Sorry, but you're wrong - the impact of the duplicate item issue is exactly as Chris has stated it.

"
TheHeffNerr wrote:
have fun with your new game Jay Wilson. Wait even Jay Wilson gave people at least 1 free roll back... Maybe you should hire him, he knows what customer service is at least.

And this is just ridiculous. You're completely on your own here - apart from the others who've joined you in the insanity of trying to attack developers who owe you not one single thing, as you've agreed via the Terms of Service.

As I said above, clearly nothing will get through to you - you are understandably upset but you've gone way off-base in your blame and the way you've chosen to carry it out. You may feel your anger is warranted but it's also clouding your judgement and your sense of what's right and what's wrong (tip: blaming developer known for transparency and listening to the community - wrong). Hopefully you can come back to this issue when you're a little calmer and reconsider what you've said and how you've chosen to deal with it.

That "attitude" as you call it if from the lack of transparency and service. They have good transparency when it comes to game bugs, that's about it. GGG isn't known for anything but PoE. Saying they are known for transparency and listening to the community is just dumb. 99% of these people here are useless to talk to they don't even have proper knowledge of malware / viruses to even help or to even share any sort of computer logs that may help GGG figure out what is going on.

It will not crash the game's economy and have given 2 examples of games that have not had the games economy crushed just because of dupes. I've said 2 games where I have experienced in playing when it comes to HACKED items. I've played many RPG / ARPG games but have never dealt with any sort of hacked items that have gone on.

GGG is the only company that has treated me this badly ever. I've never had any company in any where treat me like I'm just a fly on the wall they want to swat with a newspaper.

"
littlefuss wrote:

And things like this are an issue. Having a separate email account is more or less useless. Unless you never log into it. Key loggers would grab that password when you were to login to the account. Also these accounts were not stolen VIA any email resting methods, the hash was stolen from the ini file or from the server, or sniffed when you logged in, ect ect ect.
"Unfortunately, we cannot restore any items lost to theft." Unless you are a well known streamer then we will do anything for you.
Last edited by TheHeffNerr on Feb 20, 2013, 9:05:18 AM
"
TheHeffNerr wrote:

Easy enough to check, if it took a few days for you to check everything to get my items back that would be fine.

I promises I have not been to china in my life, so if there was a Chinese IP that accessed my account.. 99% sure that it wasn't me and would be easy to find that item.

Like I've posted in my other comments, I personally don't give a shit about the orbs that are missing. The items that are gone make my only farming toon unplayable. if every one got 3-4 items restored and you were able to remove the old one (even if you weren't able to) The game will but out into anarchy and the game be over ran. This is absurd that you would think this.

1740 hours in open beta, 900 hours or so of played time. 800 hours of unplayed time. Am I High or low played?

have fun with your new game Jay Wilson. Wait
'even Jay Wilson gave people at least 1 free roll back... Maybe you should hire him, he knows what customer service is at least.' you must be joking jay wilson KILLED the diablo franchise hes a idiot that dont know shit about making games
"
Mokum wrote:
"
TheHeffNerr wrote:

Easy enough to check, if it took a few days for you to check everything to get my items back that would be fine.

I promises I have not been to china in my life, so if there was a Chinese IP that accessed my account.. 99% sure that it wasn't me and would be easy to find that item.

Like I've posted in my other comments, I personally don't give a shit about the orbs that are missing. The items that are gone make my only farming toon unplayable. if every one got 3-4 items restored and you were able to remove the old one (even if you weren't able to) The game will but out into anarchy and the game be over ran. This is absurd that you would think this.

1740 hours in open beta, 900 hours or so of played time. 800 hours of unplayed time. Am I High or low played?

have fun with your new game Jay Wilson. Wait
'even Jay Wilson gave people at least 1 free roll back... Maybe you should hire him, he knows what customer service is at least.' you must be joking jay wilson KILLED the diablo franchise hes a idiot that dont know shit about making games

It's called sarcasm... But they at least gave people a roll back and you could request a refund.
"
Chris wrote:

I definitely agree. At the moment our character deletion is a hard deletion, but we're moving to a model where they are soft-deleted and the names can be reused. If an undeletion occurs, a new name may be needed. We don't have this ready yet (it's lower priority than getting the account-lock-on-suspicious-access case sorted out). I am really looking forward to this being in so that we can easily restore deleted characters (but not any items that were stolen prior to them being deleted).

After you implement this, it will work for the characters deleted till this period or only for the ones deleted after you add the feature.

I hope you understand my question.

Lets say one character got deleted today. You patch next month. Can the one delete today be saved later?

Thx
"
TheHeffNerr wrote:
"
mkmaddage wrote:
"
TheHeffNerr wrote:

"
TheHeffNerr wrote:

"
TheHeffNerr wrote:

The two games you mentioned are from the same company, and it's all through battlenet. And it wasn't until a few years ago when they started doing item restorations. Before that, like GGG, you were out of luck. They put in measures to track items and restore them, but the process can take a few weeks even with their measures in place. Why? because they remove the stolen items in the process (with the exception of gold). And to think that doesn't affect economy is just wrong. Look at your two "games" in question. Because of hacks/bots/rollbacks etc... the economy is crap in both games. GGG is right, the other posters are right, you can't keep duplicating items in the game and NOT affect the economy.

I get that you're mad, and tired, and I hope some rest will help clear your mind a little. I'm pretty sure it if happened to me, I'd probably just stop playing. But don't let frustration cloud your reasoning.
"
TheHeffNerr wrote:

Stuff

From your posts i can see you are not a computer person. Maybe you should spend a little of your precious playing time for education (networking basics, and stuff).

I would really like a option to "ignore" posts from certain people on the forums (like in the game).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info