[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

I feel that Wither totem dies a lot in the Hydra fight, no matter where I position it. It's more manageable in other guardian fights but Hydra seems to be quite clever in destroying it, lol.
after tweaking and twisting my stash, got this. can`t test right now, but having a lot more es is a good start.

https://pastebin.com/Z8gUhfhG
@djnat, yeah. The totem does have a small enough hitbox to pass between the balls, but I have yet to find spots in the arena where I can consistently place it to stay alive. It is funny every time I manage, since the boss is really squishy once Wither starts doing work.

@xuby, looks better now. I like that you went for Hexmaster to combat poor curse radius, even though I did not recommend it. Looking forward to seeing how you feel LL performs now.
Sorry if it's asked multiple times, why do you not use Witchfire brew???

Thanks for the build!

EDIT: Also, I would ask you which gem is optimal to replace Empower for low budget, Pierce..?
Last edited by zeldicx on Oct 7, 2017, 10:38:10 AM
The build has several means of getting debuffs that "increases damage taken", which are all additive. 140% from 20 stacks of wither and 50% from Spreading Rot unique jewels. Adding Vulnerability to this would simply add another 33% for normal monsters, and less than 10% for the enemies in the game where you actually need extra damage. If I wanted extra damage from flasks, I'd go for a Sulphur flask instead, since it has a higher damage roll than the current version of Witchfire brew, you don't need to invest 5 passives, a ring slot or a corrupted amulet for the +1 curse, and the benefit of the vulnerability is only large in the situation where it is not needed.

There are no good substitutes for Empower for the last slot. If your budget can't handle getting a level 3+ Empower, just stick to a 5L. These days we have Blight to help out on tanky enemies anyway, so the 6th link is more a luxury thing than a requirement. Get good items in all slots before you consider going to the 6L. Good gems for both Blight and the ED link takes priority for me at least.
"
Nedieth wrote:
@djnat, yeah. The totem does have a small enough hitbox to pass between the balls, but I have yet to find spots in the arena where I can consistently place it to stay alive. It is funny every time I manage, since the boss is really squishy once Wither starts doing work.

@xuby, looks better now. I like that you went for Hexmaster to combat poor curse radius, even though I did not recommend it. Looking forward to seeing how you feel LL performs now.

tested a little last night. felt a lot better in every aspect. can't confirm if it is better than MoM in any way because I haven't played life in a while.

I actually forgot to spec out of all the curse nodes like I said I would hahaha. will solve that later
"
Nedieth wrote:
The build has several...

Do you ever stream while playing this build mate?

Also, this is my first league/first time playing POE, would you mind taking a look at my character and tell me if I fked up anything? ;P I know i'm missing some points (only level 77) but I'm also wondering just generally if you have any tips or see anything in my build or gear that makes you scream with contempt ;P ....

I've been trying to get cherub's 5L, but it's soooo hard to get 3blue and 2green on it.

Thanks for the build/guide.
Last edited by oestergreen on Oct 8, 2017, 12:47:08 AM
Your character looks pretty much identical to any of my low budget ED characters, so you are on the right track. I would craft mana on the helmet and boots if I were you. Other than that and some difference in the passive tree (the full Witch AoE nodes and Melding), I can't see anything here that I wouldn't do. Getting a Cherrubim's now seems like a good choice. Then later on, a Breath of the Council and Allelopathy as well as rare item upgrades will get your character to a nice spot.
"
sikker wrote:
Making slow progress with this build.
Still have a few questions though: Like, what is the purpose of abyssal cry? How does it benefit the build?

Quoting, because I want to ask the same, i'm confused when to use it so I never really used it so far (lvl 78)

Also would ask you Nedieth, do you think playing enfeeble instead of temp chains is safer for hc?
how come you prefer chains on your own character, i'm just curious :)
I used to have abyssal cry in my Contagion link before it was replaced by Arcane Surge. Before 3.0, a well geared ED character had 40-50k ED DPS, and could get to 70k with extreme gear. With charges, I have well over 100k DPS on my ED now, making the AoE clearing situation completely different. Abyssal Cry is no longer needed, and we just need to focus on getting single target high enough instead.

I run Temporal Chains because I like to manually dodge monsters rather than relying on mitigation. With Temp. Chains, it is perfectly safe to run into directly through enemies, since their attack speed is so slow. Although Enfeeble synergizes extremely well with our evasion, I simply prefer to have control myself rather than getting hit by more weaker hits. Temp. Chains especially trivializes turbo auras.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info