[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

Hello, played this few leagues ago and going to try it out on HC this time around. When is it best to to transition to CI/LL? Is it depending on gear or gear+lvl?
I used this build as a template to work off of while trying to create my own ED/Contagion build.
I must say it worked out rather well. The only problem I'm facing is chain-freezing (1 flask doesn't seem to be enough and I can't spare Dream Fragments) and bosses (They just take a bit of time to actually die).

My equips are below, if anyone wanted to see them.
Just saying thanks.

Gear

My character is 'CynicallyJaded' on Standard Legacy.
If you're reading this, I'm probably on another year-long ban.
Thanks GGG.
@honerpro: I usually just transition when I am too annoyed with being life based. That usually happens around level 80-85 on my league starters when I get to t7-9 maps. If you have some money, you could transition earlier, but keep in mind that the CI version benefits a lot from a few nodes at very different parts of the tree, so I still feel that early/mid 80s is a sweet spot with a poor economy. You will just have to judge that for yourself with what resources you have. You can go directly LL at level 70 if you have the gear for it.

@casval776: My goal of this guide is that people can use it as a template, so that makes me a happy camper. Try grabbing Primal Spirit and get a belt with reduced flask charges used (and maybe even have anti freeze on a Stibnite Flask) to make your anti freeze situation more managable. I always try to have my anti freeze on a flask I can use three times with an ok duration.
Last edited by Nedieth on Apr 24, 2017, 4:32:04 PM
Do you believe decay grants more dmg over poison?

Was looking around builds with decay and found some which uses +1 skill bows. But without consuming dark there's no room for poison support since +1 emp lvl 4 is to good.

I'm at 40k dot on hideout, and most of the time i'm kitting rather than stacking poison on t16 bosses.
IGN Flatulencia
Last edited by Focusix on Apr 25, 2017, 12:22:54 AM
TL;DR: both poison and decay are good, choose weapon depending on the situation.

As you can read in the weapon choices section, this build remains as it is because you get the flexibility of swapping weapons around depending on content. Early in leagues I start out with consuming dark, then sell it and get a decay weapon. Once my 6L shav's is on, I go back to using poison. I only swap out for my decay setup for guardian fights, since those are either poison immune or require too much movement to reliably stack poison (and they have 50% reduced poison duration as well).

In the end we use both kinds of setups. I use shield and decay weapon for all guardians, although Phoenix is fine with poison. I do Shaper with both or just poison, and I do t15 maps and below with poison only. Chayula is another boss where you can argue that decay is more convenient if you want to stay on the safe side of things.
Yeah i have tested all three weapons, consuming dark + decay gives by far the best dmg output of all setups.

I will try crafting a bow just to check dmg output and see how it works with wicked ward + soul strke.
IGN Flatulencia
@Nedieth

How do I craft those occultist rings before using elreon8 and leo3? do I just alteration till I get those 3 mods? or alteration till 2 mods then exalt? orrrr essence? sorry for noob question
IGN: flaxburn
You use alterations/augmentations until you hit a high flat energy shield + a suffix that you want. That suffix can be all resists, strength, specific resist, cast speed or whatever else you want in your build. Then you regal and hope for a second suffix that you can use. If you are low on money after that you can just craft faster start of energy shield recharge or a third suffix on the ring.

If you have the money for it, you first craft multimod with elreon 8 after hitting all 3 desired stats, then craft % ES and faster start of recharge. Then divine orb until happy.

Make sure your ring is ilvl 84+ for best results.

Edit: There are often good rings being sold quite cheap that are perfect for this kind of crafting. I think I bought this ring for 25 or 30c before I crafted and divined to current stats:
Last edited by Nedieth on Apr 26, 2017, 8:09:00 PM
"
Nedieth wrote:
You use alterations/augmentations until you hit a high flat energy shield + a suffix that you want. That suffix can be all resists, strength, specific resist, cast speed or whatever else you want in your build. Then you regal and hope for a second suffix that you can use. If you are low on money after that you can just craft faster start of energy shield recharge or a third suffix on the ring.

If you have the money for it, you first craft multimod with elreon 8 after hitting all 3 desired stats, then craft % ES and faster start of recharge. Then divine orb until happy.

Make sure your ring is ilvl 84+ for best results.

Edit: There are often good rings being sold quite cheap that are perfect for this kind of crafting. I think I bought this ring for 25 or 30c before I crafted and divined to current stats:

Thanks! With elreon lvl 8 multimod, how many stats am I able to craft with it? only 2 mods from the bench?
IGN: flaxburn
An item can have a maximum of 3 prefixes and 3 suffixes. This is also the case with Elreon multimod. The multimod itself is a suffix and counts for the total number of mods. On these rings we want 3 stats to start with, giving us room for two more after crafting multimod. On other items where you regal with one stat, you can craft 3 mods after using elreon's multimod like this:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info