[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

@Nedieth
Thanks for the reply.
Mana with the Cloak of Defiance was no problem but I didn't have Arctic Armour or Temp Chains active. I relied on my Witchfire Brew for Despair which was okayish for dmg.
I'have since updated my character a bit. I want to use double curses soon but I need more passive points and more mana I have to see where I will get that.

And holy shit dat blight dmg!

Some advice for uprgades? Iam really new to the game.. is my second league so far.
I trying at the moment upgrade Essence Drain + Empower to lvl 21 / 4.
@TheGreatJNK, didn't realize you were not running a curse in your links. In that case it's just a tossup between tankiness and DPS.

@Battlefeld, looks really solid. Not sure what to upgrade further other than what you have said. +1 curse Impresence? Other than that it would have to be to go more defenseive with a Perfect Form. Most upgrades would be side-grades for you at this point I guess, so you might want to get a solid spell damage/attack speed Sai for mapping.
Out of curiosity is there any explicit reason that we use shield charge over leap slam? I find myself getting stuck -- a lot -- with shield charge and am more used to leap slam overall.
Nope, it is just a matter of preference. As far as I know, Shield Charge will be faster for the build as it scales better with movement speed than Leap Slam. This matters with a weapon with no attack speed, but if you want to Leap Slam, leap away.
"
Nedieth wrote:
Nope, it is just a matter of preference. As far as I know, Shield Charge will be faster for the build as it scales better with movement speed than Leap Slam. This matters with a weapon with no attack speed, but if you want to Leap Slam, leap away.

It was a bit of strange scenario, but essentially: a strongbox spawned in an awkward area, and the way mobs spawned from said strongbox made it completely impossible to move with shield charge, which made the mob pack 1-hit me and the map became impossible.
That is why I have Flame Dash in my setup. I always Flame Dash away from strongboxes if the first Shield Charge does not go as planned.
Welp, just did minotaur and then shaper. Not bad... was a little rough on shaper. Feels like there's no damage there. I died 4 times to him because it was taking so long to get him to die. Had balls all over the place on the ground lol. Was a real rough fight and I'm not sure what else I could really add to make the damage go up more, but hey in the end. Still got me a Ruby flask so yay 5.5 ex :D

Here's my current gear, and yes I've put a lot of money into this build because I love ED/Contagion playstyle, but I don't recommend it if you want to kills bosses. It's really,really,really slow.

In hideout I have 5k hp 2.5k mana, none reserved.

Sheet damage:
78,661 For ED
1895.7 For Contagion
10376 For Blight
Last edited by cjbender on Jan 9, 2018, 9:30:45 PM
"
Nedieth wrote:

@Battlefeld, looks really solid. Not sure what to upgrade further other than what you have said. +1 curse Impresence? Other than that it would have to be to go more defenseive with a Perfect Form. Most upgrades would be side-grades for you at this point I guess, so you might want to get a solid spell damage/attack speed Sai for mapping.

Thanks for the answer!
I dont think I will get +1 curse Impresence in this League.. i should switch curse +1 in Skill tree and then go for an other chaosdmg ring.

But my next focus will be looking for Sais Weapon for Mapping.
Been playing this as a league starter build, reminds me of the old flameblast, just hit something and watch the screen die from DoT.

I was getting annoyed by stuns though, constantly interrupting my casting of contagion/ED and messing up my momentum. Using kaoms roots would be bad cause this build starves for sockets, so I decided to try a Unwavering Stance tree, and its been working ok so far. There is a nice life cluster beside US, and the Battle Rouse notable is incredible for mana sustain, also there is a direct jewel scoket and str nodes equal more life. I droped the bottom shadow area to get there, loses a bit of damage, but it feels great to know your spells will never be interrupted. This works better with a Belly and armour gear as you will have no evasion.

What the tree looks like: https://poeplanner.com/AAsAAO0ACwYAAHOw2KLZyBT1b2qMFr-00cgMdoK1SOtjES8rCl3yDkgRlgcelS7w1UlRj_pcQIfLp5t1ns8VtzAUCRNtJog2PZ2qbIxirH_GkydsCyL0bRkI9GpDvOosnBEtfIPr7oUyly1JT7yqMtFFR8BmBLOiAPAfaPKa4EWdU1Ic3LiTKPqCx_noQYe3Pv4K2L01krXyeA3AGqluWK826AHnpzCfyxRN_Eu8nxiRVi0UqW878kU64aZXTeP-jxg8vScYVpf0l5VMswQHg9tVxjpYrJj311KvrUpn_OvkXyqPGh2-M4cD7iaVYeJVSwAAAAAA

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info