delete

"
The build looks great. I'll be trying it out the next few days.

It does seem weird to me, however, that you're suggesting Blasphemy + curses + Alpha's Howl. The curses don't benefit from Alpha's Howl and getting +2 level on just Blasphemy isn't that great.

What do you think about double Doedre's Damning alongside Cast When Damage Taken + Conductivity + Elemental Weakness + Warlord's Mark? It's a shame the curses will be low level, but that way can run Alpha's Howl + auras. (And also, which auras would be best if building the character this way is sensible?)

Alpha's howl is mostly there for the cannot be frozen. Some people value it very highly, as they can storm through maps without identifying strongboxes etc. personally I would recommend devoto's devotion.

I think your character wont benefit much from the curses if you use that setup. First of all, with 78% block, you dont take damage as often as other builds, so the curses wont be very consistent, and this
might cause you to have mana problems. The best auras in this case would be hatred+HoA, but they wont be as good as conductivity, since we deal 100% lightning damage.
Colorblind? - Check out the Unofficial colourblind mode!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147271
Last edited by Priory on Sep 9, 2016, 3:51:13 AM
Thanks for the reply. You make a good point about block interfering with the Cast When Damage Taken gem.
I just killed Atziri for the first time ever! Thanks for the great guide.
First have you thought about Varunastra? it may be less atk speed but it can really scale up the damage with physical damage nodes such as Deadly Dilittante which gives 72% physical for that node alone.
"
Priory wrote:
"
The build looks great. I'll be trying it out the next few days.

It does seem weird to me, however, that you're suggesting Blasphemy + curses + Alpha's Howl. The curses don't benefit from Alpha's Howl and getting +2 level on just Blasphemy isn't that great.

What do you think about double Doedre's Damning alongside Cast When Damage Taken + Conductivity + Elemental Weakness + Warlord's Mark? It's a shame the curses will be low level, but that way can run Alpha's Howl + auras. (And also, which auras would be best if building the character this way is sensible?)

Alpha's howl is mostly there for the cannot be frozen. Some people value it very highly, as they can storm through maps without identifying strongboxes etc. personally I would recommend devoto's devotion.

I think your character wont benefit much from the curses if you use that setup. First of all, with 78% block, you dont take damage as often as other builds, so the curses wont be very consistent, and this
might cause you to have mana problems. The best auras in this case would be hatred+HoA, but they wont be as good as conductivity, since we deal 100% lightning damage.

Alpha's Howl is also good for running triple purity if he can get himself an Empower Gem lv2 at least for the +1 so he can get 5% max resist for fire, cold and lightning.
I am currently using SS on a 5L setup. I have it linked to Multistrike, WED, Phys to Lightning, and Elemental Focus. Would you suggest switching any of these gems out until I get a 6L? WED provides higher toolrip right now than Melee Phys. With Resolute Technique is there really a reason not to use Ele Focus since we cant reliably shock? I am running dual curse warlords/conductivity. Thank you!
Just a few observations as I play something similar (crit version with rapier)...

If you want to curse enemies, use Reckoning.
Reckoning - curse on hit - curseOfYourChoice - life on hit (or double curse)
Alternatively, you can do the same with Tempest shield, but unless you can chain it's effect, it ain't really as good. As for curse coverage with reckoning, I never had a problem with it, you constantly block and even without inc aoe, this just works out of the box.

Which leads me to a second point. There is no point in having Inc Duration gem with Tempest shield. Once it procs, it refreshes whole duration on BLOCK. Guess what, you block all the time. It does not really fall off, like ever!
Hi...very nice build...im looking for an endgame build really tanky which can do all content..just one thing i need to know before I decide to make an Aegis Aurora tanky build..a question for endgame...how do you deal with skills that cant be blocked like damage over time or damage degeneration in endgame that can kill you in seconds or less?..its that a big problem for this type of builds?..thanks..
"
yissus wrote:
Hi...very nice build...im looking for an endgame build really tanky which can do all content..just one thing i need to know before I decide to make an Aegis Aurora tanky build..a question for endgame...how do you deal with skills that cant be blocked like damage over time or damage degeneration in endgame that can kill you in seconds or less?..its that a big problem for this type of builds?..thanks..

I have never any particular problem with this so i can't really say. Bleeding won't be a big problem as you will have quite a lot of armour. Chaos damage can be a pain.
Colorblind? - Check out the Unofficial colourblind mode!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147271
Do you have a recommendation for a weapon while I'm saving up for a Doryani? Just a high phys damage mace?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info