[2.5] Essence Drain Build Options (HC Uber Atziri/Shaper Viable)

Spoiler
[/quote]
Hey man, just a few answers regarding CI and LL(LowLife):

CI and LowLife is realy gear dependend, you should do the Life based build and get some experience.

For CI you need a lot of Energy shield(ES) notes in the passive tree and a lot of ES on gear (400+ on body armour, 300+ shield, 200+helmet...).
If you level with Life nodes, you need to respec your whole tree for CI: Respec all life nodes and spec ES nodes.

Reason why ppl run CI:
When you have a lot of Nodes and ES on Gear you can easily achieve over 10 000 ES, which prevents a lot of one shots. Also you are imun to Chaos Damage.

Low Life:
For Low Life you need a Shavronnes Wraping body Armour. For a new player this is realy expensive and not a good starter build. (It takes even for more experienced players some time to have that much currency)

Reason why ppl run LL:
With Low Life you have a high ES Pool as well, but more than 1 Life. The only reason running low life is, that you can reserve auras with your LifePool (With Aura+Bloodmagic). This way you can have Auras with Mana Reservation + Auras with Life reservation. Your Effective HP is Your ES.

(Reason why LL doesnt work without Shavronnes is that chaos damage surpasses the ES and does dmg to your Life pool. So if you have 10 000 ES and 2000 Life, where 1800 is reserved by Auras, so you have 200 effectiv life left, you get oneshot by every chaos damage dealing mob. Shavronnes Wrapping makes you imun to chaos dmg, so all dmg is taken from ES)
[/quote]

Thank you so much for all these information, Niratschi. From what you have explained, I'll put LL on aside from now until I get more essential gears and experienced in the game.

However, what would you suggest people who like me as a beginner, choose which one of the elements from Life, ES or DMG on our passive tree based on your Essence Drain build? From my first character as a casting witch, I could hardly progress over level 73 in Merciless (my character died a lot and couldn't do any dmg at that point). Hence, I'm trying to avoid that in my Shadow class. I've been having fun with this Essence Drain although I'm not sure by the time I get into Merciless, if the same thing would happen again. (My goal is set to being able to survive and farm unique items from crafting maps in Act3, Merciless).

Once again, thank you so much for getting me back and with all the helps. It took me a day to think about whether to post here or sent you a pm because I don't want to waste more spaces in your thread.
Last edited by MagPortal on Dec 4, 2016, 6:41:21 AM
Just a quick question, im still in normal, ED+Conta still doing pretty awesome damage, but the breach feels like why have a handicap, the mobs disappear and reappear way to much for any significant chains to go off, does it get more dense as the difficulty rises (the breach)? cause right now it feels like ED+Conta at a huge disadvantage during breaches.
"
xBeWarned wrote:
Just a quick question, im still in normal, ED+Conta still doing pretty awesome damage, but the breach feels like why have a handicap, the mobs disappear and reappear way to much for any significant chains to go off, does it get more dense as the difficulty rises (the breach)? cause right now it feels like ED+Conta at a huge disadvantage during breaches.

In merciless Breaches for me so far are wall to wall monsters. ED/Contagion gets better the higher the difficulty
"
MagPortal wrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler

Hey man, just a few answers regarding CI and LL(LowLife):

CI and LowLife is realy gear dependend, you should do the Life based build and get some experience.

For CI you need a lot of Energy shield(ES) notes in the passive tree and a lot of ES on gear (400+ on body armour, 300+ shield, 200+helmet...).
If you level with Life nodes, you need to respec your whole tree for CI: Respec all life nodes and spec ES nodes.

Reason why ppl run CI:
When you have a lot of Nodes and ES on Gear you can easily achieve over 10 000 ES, which prevents a lot of one shots. Also you are imun to Chaos Damage.

Low Life:
For Low Life you need a Shavronnes Wraping body Armour. For a new player this is realy expensive and not a good starter build. (It takes even for more experienced players some time to have that much currency)

Reason why ppl run LL:
With Low Life you have a high ES Pool as well, but more than 1 Life. The only reason running low life is, that you can reserve auras with your LifePool (With Aura+Bloodmagic). This way you can have Auras with Mana Reservation + Auras with Life reservation. Your Effective HP is Your ES.

(Reason why LL doesnt work without Shavronnes is that chaos damage surpasses the ES and does dmg to your Life pool. So if you have 10 000 ES and 2000 Life, where 1800 is reserved by Auras, so you have 200 effectiv life left, you get oneshot by every chaos damage dealing mob. Shavronnes Wrapping makes you imun to chaos dmg, so all dmg is taken from ES)
[/quote]

Thank you so much for all these information, Niratschi. From what you have explained, I'll put LL on aside from now until I get more essential gears and experienced in the game.

However, what would you suggest people who like me as a beginner, choose which one of the elements from Life, ES or DMG on our passive tree based on your Essence Drain build? From my first character as a casting witch, I could hardly progress over level 73 in Merciless (my character died a lot and couldn't do any dmg at that point). Hence, I'm trying to avoid that in my Shadow class. I've been having fun with this Essence Drain although I'm not sure by the time I get into Merciless, if the same thing would happen again. (My goal is set to being able to survive and farm unique items from crafting maps in Act3, Merciless).

Once again, thank you so much for getting me back and with all the helps. It took me a day to think about whether to post here or sent you a pm because I don't want to waste more spaces in your thread. [/quote]

You shouldn't need too much damage on the tree. Focus on Resist, Life and Energy Shield hybrid gear and use enfeeble and temporal chains on blasphemy support and you should be fine for defense
"
You shouldn't need too much damage on the tree. Focus on Resist, Life and Energy Shield hybrid gear and use enfeeble and temporal chains on blasphemy support and you should be fine for defense

I see. Thanks for your suggestion. I'll keep progressing and updating some stuff that I might encounter later on. So far I'm very satisfied with this awesome Essence Drain :P
hm, i think i've messed up. 3,6k hp, 3,1k es, 3.2 dps. i went a weird route on the skill tree, didn't realise until later that i just can't go CI. do i use currency for regrets or just go CI? i have some curreny and items to sell, would land at 2-3 exalts. please help
"
honerpro wrote:
hm, i think i've messed up. 3,6k hp, 3,1k es, 3.2 dps. i went a weird route on the skill tree, didn't realise until later that i just can't go CI. do i use currency for regrets or just go CI? i have some curreny and items to sell, would land at 2-3 exalts. please help

That doesnt sound too bad. nearly 7k EHP is okay, your life pool is a little bit small. Just take some Life nodes if you can and more important, have life on your gear. Then you should be fine.

The most Damage comes from gem level+more links.

If you can post your tree and gear, we can help you further.
Sorry if I missed it. What is the optimal Ascendancy for this build ?
Which gems should we prioritize to get to 20%?
nvm problem solved.
Last edited by honerpro on Dec 6, 2016, 6:16:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info