[2.5] Essence Drain Build Options (HC Uber Atziri/Shaper Viable)

I'm completely new to the game. I enjoy playing this build so far. I'm currently running T7 maps but I feel like I could be stronger and more tanky. I don't know how to achieve better stats though. Can someone help me, maybe give me a recommendation on what gear to get? I know I'm missing some potions but I don't know which ones. Also I don't know what jewels to put into the skill tree. I'm sitting at 5k HP/ 2k ES and 6k DPS on ED.
_
Last edited by Sarazwati on Aug 31, 2017, 12:41:53 AM
Project - Have you done any Righteous Fire analysis with essence drain?

Also, I'm trying a new Hierophant build out!

I'm thinking Void Battery + Hierophant power charge generation node.

I've also been toying with 2x Breath of the Councils for the 20% AoE and 80% chaos duration.
Right now the idea is to build tanky (I play hardcore) and that will allow me to use 2x breath, +20% Aoe+Heirophant Glove +20% Aoe, for a 40% AOE increase to contagion vs other builds.

I could also potentially get Scion AoE node for another 10%.

Total Area of Effect would end up being:

Base: 20
39% - gem
20% - hiero glove ascen
5% - 20 quality
15% - witch nodes
15% - templar nodes
20% - dual breath of council
total:
114%

Total radius would be 42.8. Which seems massive.

Thoughts?
I would be careful with the AOE stacking - at the end of the day, you dont kill with aoe of contagion but with damage on essence drain and breath of the council will lead to (way) less damage than delirium weapon / poison (you will have high tooltip but actually kills slower)... so if you want to dual wield, might as well have delirium weap in one hand and consuming dark in the other. Imo its generally better to use the shield - you can comfortably one-shot t14 bosses with just delirium weapon + shield and upper medium good items overall. The extra survival from shield counts a lot when you get a hexproof/reduced effect of curses mods on a map as the primary defense becomes suddenly much less efficient.
Last edited by Xyel on Jan 13, 2017, 3:45:45 AM
In the leveling video you say to use stone golem but in your final self found set-up you are using a chaos golem. The stone golem just better for leveling and the chaos golem should be used as physical mitigation in late game content? Also, I wanted to say I like having the videos available for more in depth coverage on certain points on the build but it would be nice to have a larger overview on all the links and flasks in a written format for quick reference. It can be a pain to jump through the videos to find the link set ups for each set of skills. Maybe it is more obvious for experienced players but coming from someone who has only been playing for a few months that is my input. Overall I really do enjoy the build though, keep making good content!
Greetings everyone, I have been following this guide by heart since I am a total noob due to the complexity of this game (and maybe it's the herbs...). I have reached merciless act 4 and the guide tells to grind the hell out of The Dried Lake. Just want to make sure nothing is broken in my char before that. I have 75% res on all (-31 chaos).
I got some currency to spend if needed. I know the flasks are an issue but what to change them into? if you can spot anything broken with my char and guide me through it I would highly appreciate it!
p.s can't use 3 auras because all of them are 35% and I don't have reduction :/

Thank you!
Last edited by Bekeif on Jan 23, 2017, 1:46:12 PM
Well the problem is the build which shows in this thread and which PPT is playing are pretty much different. I am talking about 40 or so points different.

And and people mentioned since this build don't have and mana reduction you can't use 3 curse+auras since all with %35 mana.

But PPT tricster build has 2 points on mana reduction.

I am really confused what to do now.

You can see ppt current skill tree here

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAQPuBx4M8g0fDXwOSA5cES8RUBGWFr8YahpsGyUc3B1PHaodviL0JognqSj6KlsrCjLRM4c0CjW5Nj03ZjqtPAU8KDy2PV9Bh0M2RUdFfkZxSVFJsUuuTINMs05tUlNS7FWFV8lYB1xrXIpd8mqMavpsC20Zb4Rwu3DUdIF2gngvefZ713zlf8aAs4LHgwmESI8aj0aP-pFHkyeVLpeVl_SboZwynL6drp_foS-i2aXEpcunCKcrsNi0DLTFtNG1SLcwuJO-isBmwuzDbcgMyBTK09fP2VvaO9-K4YjoWukC6rrrY-vu7BjvfO-I8NX1b_fB99f5N_mk-ej-Sf8c
Last edited by codari1 on Jan 24, 2017, 2:08:41 AM
You can use 3 auras with the Heretic's Veil Deicide Mask but who has that amount of currency? :p
I don't know, something doesn't feel right about my char...
hi im trying to make a essence drain raider build. im unable to find any build to reference from except some from 2.3-. if anyone could explain what is required to get an essence drain build going on the passive tree that would help a lot. im trying for an evasive armor build in case anyone is wondering.
"
Bekeif wrote:
You can use 3 auras with the Heretic's Veil Deicide Mask but who has that amount of currency? :p
I don't know, something doesn't feel right about my char...

I am not a poe guru, I just play on and off. But I have played quite a bit of this build. Here are my thoughts on your equip:

1. If you cannot run 3 curse auras (you don't have Heretic's Veil), then there is no need to equip Doedre's ring (usually used for the 3rd curse, 2nd curse should be picked up in passive tree). Instead get a better rare ring

2. Get a pair of better boots. The "cannot be frozen" mod is not a big deal. Get it on a flask instead.

3. I usually try to get a flask with freeze immunity property on it. Try to get it on an utility flask (not mana or life), this way you will get the full duration of the bonus effect.

4. Speaking of flasks, try to put in some defensive flasks like stibnite, jade, granite. Replace the life flasks you have because unless you are on a boss, you will never use up one life flask (let alone three) without replenishing it.

5. Lastly, try to get more life on your gear (you should be able to once you get rid of the boot and ring).

Again, take my suggestion with a grain of salt. If someone else disagrees with this, please comment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info