Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.71]

"
Oneyedrunky wrote:
Is this it?
Btw was thinking maybe it doesn't account for additional arrow on quiver and the helm enchant? Could that be the reason?

Yeah, although pastebin or hastebin link would be a little bit easier to copy paste. Damn spaces follow.

Doesnt account for additional arrow? The ingame tooltip does not do that either.

It's also possible that you are doing testing with flasks active or with charges, on your config page you really have nothing selected.

If the dps is higher on pob then try disabling poachers mark, as it counts into your active dps.

in the calcs tab put your calculation mode and try changing the modes around and see if unbuffed dps matches your ingame when you have everything turned off. As if you just logged in and checked your stats.
Last edited by CruelFish on Feb 25, 2017, 10:31:11 AM
Oh ok, didn't know that.
So what do you think has gone wrong here? Why are the numbers different?

EDIT: Thanks for helping. I tried changing the calculation modes, none of them fit.

Hmmm.. If I disable all Auras and Ice Golem I hit 15,400 Lightning Arrow in game. Path of Building Unbuffed Lightning Arrow shows 15,372.4. This is the closest I've seen.
I was looking at average damage earlier on the left side, not in the calculation tab.
Okay, so disabled Haste in Path of Building, now it seems very close to in-game tooltip.

Thanks a lot! :)

I just wish the left pane with the Average Damage had the DPS from the Calc tab, so I can play with the skilltee and see the changes on-the-fly.
Last edited by Oneyedrunky on Feb 25, 2017, 10:50:21 AM
"
Oneyedrunky wrote:
Oh ok, didn't know that.
So what do you think has gone wrong here? Why are the numbers different?

EDIT: Thanks for helping. I tried changing the calculation modes, none of them fit.

Hmmm.. If I disable all Auras and Ice Golem I hit 15,400 Lightning Arrow in game. Path of Building Unbuffed Lightning Arrow shows 15,372.4. This is the closest I've seen.
I was looking at average damage earlier on the left side, not in the calculation tab.
Okay, so disabled Haste in Path of Building, now it seems very close to in-game tooltip.

Most likely path of building is not handling rounding the same way as in game.

You're welcome, I'm glad to help another user of this awsome program.
"
Openarl wrote:
"
Yesterday, I've started working on an Ice Storm build, and I've been impressed by how well it works already, but I've noticed, that there isn't something like a "total damage" and / or "number of hits" display (or I've been too stupid / tired to find it). Especially because Ice Storm's duration additionally scales with int, it would be important to optimise it with regards to that as well for sustained damage against single targets (for trash a few hits would suffice anyway and the duration would hardly matter at all).
PoB doesn't attempt to calculate how often Icestorm or Firestorm hits; it depends on too many factors, including the size of the enemy's hitbox, which can't be known.

I was referring to total hits to the ground. The assumption on how many of these actually hit an enemy would be on my part, but it's tedious to spend a minute going back and forth to calculate it again without creating a spereadsheet, which would also include some effort considering that it's only useful for a few builds, that I might not even play (intuitively that would imply, that it's also a waste of time on your part, but since your tool is used by more people than just me, it may well have an overall positive yield).
Afair I got to about 43 hits per cast resulting in a rough 126 hits per second, but it would be nice to see that in the programme rather than to recalculate (or alt tab to a spreadsheet) every time the duration changes, especially if that happens on as many nodes as it does for Whispering Ice.

Basically Firestorm and Icestorm do a specific amount of damage and separate of that is the chance to be hit by that damage. I only asked for a calculation of the former, not the latter.

"
Openarl wrote:
"
Moreover (even less important, since I've figured it out myself as well), you may adjust the tooltip of the Ice Storm skill set to mention, that only the first skill set that's socketed in weapon 1 is applied.
I can't reproduce this, and looking at the relevant code it shouldn't be possible; every socket group is checked for supports to apply. Can you give me a build in which this occurs?

I've found the mistake on my part there; it was because I had some of the same gems in both setups, so removing one of the doubled ones didn't affect dps.

And finally, just in case you haven't read about that yourself yet, there's a change planned for threshold jewels, that should make it easy (or at least a lot easier) to implement:

"
Rory wrote:
Changes to Existing Threshold Jewels
For the majority of Threshold Jewels, the opportunity cost of having to take otherwise inefficient passive skills made the jewels too costly for their effect. All Threshold Jewels now require 40 of their chosen attribute to be available in the area, and no longer require it to be allocated. Many have a maximum number of jewels of that type that can be socketed, letting us be more generous with powerful effects that would be problematic if you could fill a large portion of your tree with them.

Considering they're still working things out, you may however also want to wait until things are final.

Edit1/2:
P.S.: I wouldn't mind creating tutorials for some of the "simpler" tasks (like Enchantments, Corruptions, uncommonly used mods, etc.), but I wouldn't know where to put them (also, just so there's no misunderstanding, I'm talking about written tutorials with screenshots, I wouldn't go overboard and make videos). I feel like I understand most features and should be able to make some FAQ instructions.
Just a small offer to reduce your load ;)

Edit3:
For those, who have bothered reading this far and don't already know about it, I recommend poeaffix.net for a full (or close to full) list of available mods for each item.
Last edited by DER_PSYCHOPATH on Feb 25, 2017, 11:01:49 AM
"
CruelFish wrote:
What he is referring to is the fact that is a skill has a threshold jewel it's mechanics and tags carry to the skill without ever stating so in the actual skill, as an example of this a pseudo-famous youtuber Tarke mentions that less duration works with burning arrow, yet it doesnt have the duration tag (The threshold jewel adds the tag without saying it, try it ingame tooltip changes) now seeing as the effect is also an AOE effect it should indeed work as he says. Or does it. Brb 10 seconds of testing.
Oh, I know exactly what he was referring to; I have seen the video. The fact that Burning Arrow can be supported by Concentrated Effect does not change the fact that its damage isn't area damage. Ball Lightning is the same; it's an AoE skill, and can be supported by Conc Effect/Inc AoE, but its damage isn't area damage and therefore isn't affected by modifiers to area damage (such as the multiplier on Conc Effect).

The multiplier on Less Duration, on the other hand, is just a generic damage multiplier; so it will affect all damage done by any skill that it can support.

Incidentally, despite what many people are saying, all of this has exactly nothing to do with "tags" (hidden or otherwise). Tags are a property of skill gems, and have no effect on the function of skills, nor do they determine, in any capacity, what support gems can apply to a given skill. The system that does decide support gem compatibility is entirely separate, and is, by the way, rather complex, and I don't blame GGG for not detailing it anywhere, in-game or otherwise.

"
NotFala wrote:
I think I found something that may not work as it should though.
Namely, I am able to link curse on hit to scorching ray, which shouldn't be possible according to the wiki: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Scorching_Ray

And I linked it to flammability, while also having still having my blasphemy set up with flammability active as well, and I saw a dps increase. It seems to apply the flammability twice, as can also be seen in the Calcs area, which probably shouldn't happen.
I've checked, and Curse on Hit definitely isn't supporting Scorching Ray; hover over CoH in the gem list and you'll see that SR isn't highlighted in green. The program still does allow you to put CoH and SR in the same socket group, but then, so does the game.

The program doesn't currently check for duplicate curses (or any other buff or debuff skill); it relies on the user not having duplicates active in the first place. It's something I intent to fix someday.

"
Oneyedrunky wrote:

I just wish the left pane with the Average Damage had the DPS from the Calc tab, so I can play with the skilltee and see the changes on-the-fly.
What you see in the Calcs tab may match what you see in-game, but the numbers in the sidebar will be much closer to your true DPS, as they factor in many things that the in-game tooltip doesn't; so that's what you should be relying upon.

"
CruelFish wrote:
Most likely path of building is not handling rounding the same way as in game.
Correct. The game's rounding method for hit damage calculations is nasty; it's too difficult to replicate for me to bother, since the rounding error is a fraction of a percent anyway.

"
I was referring to total hits to the ground. The assumption on how many of these actually hit an enemy would be on my part, but it's tedious to spend a minute going back and forth to calculate it again without creating a spereadsheet, which would also include some effort considering that it's only useful for a few builds, that I might not even play (intuitively that would imply, that it's also a waste of time on your part, but since your tool is used by more people than just me, it may well have an overall positive yield).
Afair I got to about 43 hits per cast resulting in a rough 126 hits per second, but it would be nice to see that in the programme rather than to recalculate (or alt tab to a spreadsheet) every time the duration changes, especially if that happens on as many nodes as it does for Whispering Ice.

Basically Firestorm and Icestorm do a specific amount of damage and separate of that is the chance to be hit by that damage. I only asked for a calculation of the former, not the latter.
Oh ok; well that's reasonable. Not sure where or how to display that though.
"
And finally, just in case you haven't read about that yourself yet, there's a change planned for threshold jewels, that should make it easy (or at least a lot easier) to implement:
Ironically, that change actually makes it harder for me to implement them! Presently, jewels can get list of nodes allocated within their radius, and tally the stats and add modifiers if a threshold is passed; I don't currently do this because none of the threshold jewels really affect the program's calculations. With this change though... I'll need to make quite a few modifications to allow them to work.
"
Edit1/2:
P.S.: I wouldn't mind creating tutorials for some of the "simpler" tasks (like Enchantments, Corruptions, uncommonly used mods, etc.), but I wouldn't know where to put them (also, just so there's no misunderstanding, I'm talking about written tutorials with screenshots, I wouldn't go overboard and make videos). I feel like I understand most features and should be able to make some FAQ instructions.
Just a small offer to reduce your load ;)
Yeah, I don't know where to put them either :P. Maybe I can set up the wiki on GitHub.
I was planning to put this in another edit, but considering, that you've responded already I'll just make another post, not like this thread doesn't have enough posts or anything.

I've been meaning to say this the first time around, but as you may have noticed, I occasionally forget parts of the list of things I want to say when I post, so I make all these edits when I remember.

Is there support for CoC average casts per second? If there is, I didn't find it. Hits per second and crit chance factoring accuracy are already available, but the cast time of the supported skill still shows what it would be if it wasn't supported by CoC.
"

Is there support for CoC average casts per second? If there is, I didn't find it. Hits per second and crit chance factoring accuracy are already available, but the cast time of the supported skill still shows what it would be if it wasn't supported by CoC.

Arl, some coc love might be nice.

Ohh gosh, cant even imagine how busy arl will be soon... 100 items. New uniques.... Patch notes.

Hah.
Best app ever.

Malachai's Artifice doesn't work though, it takes off the -25% elem resists, but doesn't add relevant resistances when skills are 'socketed' in Skills tab in relevant ring slot. Therefore The Formless Flame's 'armour increased by uncapped fire res.' is not increasing armour correctly, I have to add '+XX% to fire res' manually while editing item.

Some Fortify support would be great too, so far it only works with Champion's Fortify node and Fortify Support gem is not supported (lol). A tickbox 'Have you hit recently' would be awesome.
This Path of Building is insane I love it.
Check this page out some suggestions for new skill gems.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/402487
May a Bug:
While i use Rigwald's Curse Amulet the Claw notes doesnt effect my unarmed stats.
!!! Sorry for my "bum english" !!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info