Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.71]

"
ryukenden wrote:
Is there a feature that let copy an item into a sandbox? it makes it easier if you want to transfer it onto another character.
You can copy and paste items between builds; but I will eventually add a shared item library where you can store commonly-used items.

"
This wrote:
Detailed Growing Agony case for Viper Strike when? ;)
When it becomes possible to simulate without turning the DPS calculation code inside out :/

Seriously though, Growing Agony is a complete nightmare to handle. Calculating the damage bonus requires running the poison chance/duration calculation, which depends on the hit damage calculation, which depends on the damage bonus, etc. It's impossible to do in one pass; I'd have to run the DPS calculation twice, using the poison stats from the first pass to correct the hit damage in the second pass. That's an awful lot of work just to implement one jewel!

"
Yesterday, I've started working on an Ice Storm build, and I've been impressed by how well it works already, but I've noticed, that there isn't something like a "total damage" and / or "number of hits" display (or I've been too stupid / tired to find it). Especially because Ice Storm's duration additionally scales with int, it would be important to optimise it with regards to that as well for sustained damage against single targets (for trash a few hits would suffice anyway and the duration would hardly matter at all).
PoB doesn't attempt to calculate how often Icestorm or Firestorm hits; it depends on too many factors, including the size of the enemy's hitbox, which can't be known.
"
Moreover (even less important, since I've figured it out myself as well), you may adjust the tooltip of the Ice Storm skill set to mention, that only the first skill set that's socketed in weapon 1 is applied.
I can't reproduce this, and looking at the relevant code it shouldn't be possible; every socket group is checked for supports to apply. Can you give me a build in which this occurs?
For Ball Lightning DPS estimation, there is this excel sheet, would be cool to for it to be implemented into the Application; note that I have no idea, who the author is and such.

Also there are multiple kinds of two-toned boots, the tool currently has only one option.
What the hell have you done to me!

Seriously this program has absolutely devastated my chance to ever get married, have children, be a normal human being, ect...glad im not in college anymore or i would have failed out the first semester.

that being said, thank you. I definitely appreciate the amount of work you've put into this, although i can't begin to comprehend the amount of coding this must taken....you're a legend in my book.

anyway, when you get a chance can you see if its possible to apply the "increased damage per, ignite, shock, freeze on an enemy" from The Taming ring? I apologize if someone has already requested this.

Regards,

Stephen k
"
HPinstinct wrote:
What the hell have you done to me!

Seriously this program has absolutely devastated my chance to ever get married, have children, be a normal human being, ect...glad im not in college anymore or i would have failed out the first semester.

that being said, thank you. I definitely appreciate the amount of work you've put into this, although i can't begin to comprehend the amount of coding this must taken....you're a legend in my book.

anyway, when you get a chance can you see if its possible to apply the "increased damage per, ignite, shock, freeze on an enemy" from The Taming ring? I apologize if someone has already requested this.

Regards,

Stephen k
Hi, when messing around with life flasks, i noticed the catalyzed mod, and the "increased life recovery rate" from belly of the beast, both affected the duration. So eternal life flask of 4s would be 2.7s with cata., and then 1.78s with the BotB. Same way the other way around.

Doesn't life recovery rate from the BotB, just increase the total amount gained?
Thanks in advance, awesome that the flask part was put into bulding!
Do you have a list of features that are planned but not yet implemented?

There are a few little things that I'd like to see included:

1) Culling strike counting as a "more multiplier" for effective DPS, i.e. 11% more for regular cull and 25% more for slayer cull.

2) "150% increased effect of buffs granted by your flame golems" helm enchant implemented. It doesn't seem to apply currently (text is red), though Elementalist's "increased effect of buffs granted by your elemental golems" is working fine. I haven't check the other golem helm enchants.

3) Ascendant-slayer's "30% increased damage against rare and unique monsters" counting if "is enemy a boss" is selected.
Hey Openarl,

Came up with an easy workaround for my problem i posted earlier (sorry for bugging you with it). figure maybe some ppl can use something similar so you can maybe get some sleep between coding.

---SIMPLE FIX FOR SOME MECHANICS---

Needed to calculate the inc dmg bonus that taming gives me
1. so taming has 10% Increased Damage per Elemental Status inflicted on an enemy ---- set this value to X
2. you have already calculated the Maximum Stacks of Ignite I can apply (using Emberwake ring to allow ignite to stack) ---- set this value to Y
3. Total Increased Damage from Taming = (D) = (X*Y)
4. crafted jewel with D% increased damage and threw it in my passive tree

certainly possible there is a mechanic i'm missing/miscalculating (could use your expertise on that actually when u get a sec) but gives me a rough idea.

Needed to calculate the Fire Damage that the Fireborn Unique Jewel gives from transforming passive damage values.
1. Fireborn converts damage modifiers in passive tree within allocation range to fire damage
2. Just summed up the total damage that was in allocation range
3. crafted a jewel with the total increased fire damage from those passives
4. put that jewel in where i would have put Fireborn

Thank you again for this program its honestly incredible. Didnt think i could enjoy POE anymore and then you went and made this....

Regards,

Stephen K

"
zr0iq wrote:
For Ball Lightning DPS estimation, there is this excel sheet, would be cool to for it to be implemented into the Application; note that I have no idea, who the author is and such.
The problem is, it really would just be an estimate, and probably not a good one, as it assumes ideal conditions. Getting an accurate DPS estimate for a skill like Ball Lightning is near impossible, and I'm not keen on trying, as it'll just present users with false accuracy.
"
Also there are multiple kinds of two-toned boots, the tool currently has only one option.
Multiple kinds, which have exactly the same name... I haven't quite figured out how to handle them, as it may not be obvious which type an item is actually using. I'll take another look at it now though, since you asked.

"
rookie91 wrote:
Hi, when messing around with life flasks, i noticed the catalyzed mod, and the "increased life recovery rate" from belly of the beast, both affected the duration. So eternal life flask of 4s would be 2.7s with cata., and then 1.78s with the BotB. Same way the other way around.

Doesn't life recovery rate from the BotB, just increase the total amount gained?
Thanks in advance, awesome that the flask part was put into bulding!
Ah, flask modifiers; ever a source of confusion! Although to be fair, their wording is about as clear as mud.

With recovery flasks (life/mana/hybrid), there are two types of recovery modifiers that can apply: recovery amount, and recovery rate:
  • Recovery amount changes the total life or mana recovered over the flask's duration; examples include local "increased/reduced Amount Recovered", "increased Life/Mana Recovery from Flasks", and "increased effect of Flasks".
  • Recovery rate doesn't change the total recovery, but rather causes the life or mana to recover over a shorter duration; examples include local "increased/reduced Recovery Speed", "increased Flask Recovery Speed", and "increased Flask Life/Mana Recovery Rate". BotB has the latter.

"
RabidRabbit wrote:
Do you have a list of features that are planned but not yet implemented?

There are a few little things that I'd like to see included:

1) Culling strike counting as a "more multiplier" for effective DPS, i.e. 11% more for regular cull and 25% more for slayer cull.

2) "150% increased effect of buffs granted by your flame golems" helm enchant implemented. It doesn't seem to apply currently (text is red), though Elementalist's "increased effect of buffs granted by your elemental golems" is working fine. I haven't check the other golem helm enchants.

3) Ascendant-slayer's "30% increased damage against rare and unique monsters" counting if "is enemy a boss" is selected.
I do have a TODO list, but I've never gotten around to publishing it anywhere. I suppose the GitHub wiki would be a good place.
1) I'm not really sold on that. While it does apply when you're killing something from 100 to 0, in other cases, such as the earlier Izaro or Shaper phases, culling doesn't help at all; so applying it as a straight DPS increase is deceptive.
2) I've added support for them for the next update.
3) That too; there'll be an option for "Enemy is Rare or Unique", but it'll be automatically enabled if "boss mode" is enabled.

"
HPinstinct wrote:
Needed to calculate the inc dmg bonus that taming gives me
I used a similar trick when I did an Emberwake/Taming build last league, with a modified version of The Taming:
Spoiler
Rarity: UNIQUE
The Taming Hax
Prismatic Ring
League: Domination, Nemesis
Implicits: 1
{range:0.21}+(8 to 10)% to all Elemental Resistances
{range:0.13}(100-3000)% increased Damage against Ignited Enemies
15% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
{range:0.5}+(10 to 15)% to all Elemental Resistances
15% increased Elemental Damage
5% chance to Freeze, Shock and Ignite
Note that I put "against Ignited Enemies" on the damage modifier; this prevents it from double dipping.
Proper support for The Taming is tricky; calculating the maximum achievable ignite stacks isn't always possible; and such a number should never be relied upon anyway as you won't reach it in practice. I'll consider adding an option to the Configuration tab so you can input an estimate of the stack count.
"
Needed to calculate the Fire Damage that the Fireborn Unique Jewel gives from transforming passive damage values.
Fireborn's conversion is already supported by PoB; although like other conversion jewels it doesn't yet change the passive tooltips to reflect the new stats.
Alright, thanks!
hey,
one thing i noticed:
Explosive Arrow Quality decreased the Ignite dps.
http://imgur.com/a/O8Ite

but overall very nice tool

ty

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info