Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.71]

Thank you for creating such a useful tool for the community.
I'd like to report a bug - my Elreon ring, which gives me -8 mana cost, is shown as +8 instead.

Keep up the good work!
"
surVfate wrote:
btw a question, how do i enable Unholy Might buff? or it is not supported yet?

Not supported yet, but it's an easy one to add. It'll be in the next update.

"
FullCircle wrote:
I'd like to report a bug - my Elreon ring, which gives me -8 mana cost, is shown as +8 instead.

Oops! Fixed in the next update.
"
Openarl wrote:
Not supported yet, but it's an easy one to add. It'll be in the next update.

Thanks, btw while you at it please at Cybil Paw "8% increased Spell Damage per 5% Block Chance" support in the next update?

Also one more question, im looking to learn some lua, and your tool is super lightweight while doing alot of stuff and the rendering on the skill tree is also very fast, are these lua qualities and I can just jump right onto gui / render development out of the box (I got a solid Java background)?
AllanPls - A Poe.Trade-inspired style for the official Path of Exile Trade website (v0.1.2)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2026765
Last edited by surVfate on Nov 20, 2016, 11:58:36 AM
"
surVfate wrote:
Thanks, btw while you at it please at Cybil Paw "8% increased Spell Damage per 5% Block Chance" support in the next update?

I managed to sneak support for that one into the update I just released :).

"
surVfate wrote:
Also one more question, im looking to learn some lua, and your tool is super lightweight while doing alot of stuff and the rendering on the skill tree is also very fast, are these lua qualities and I can just jump right onto gui / render development out of the box (I got a solid Java background)?

The fact that this program is largely written in Lua is actually highly unusual. Unlike Java, which is designed for application development, Lua is normally used as a scripting language, to extent the host application. In fact it's not really capable of working without a host. In this case however, the host consists of little more than input handling and a 2D OpenGL renderer, written in C++.

There's benefits and downsides to this design. Lua is a nice language to code in, partly because there's no need to compile. The seamless update system also wouldn't be feasible in most other languages. It did, however, require that I build the GUI from the ground up (including implementing all the basic controls) since Lua has no GUI stuff build in, nor are there any suitable libraries. Also, while Lua is a fairly fast language, it's the use of OpenGL to render the UI that is largely responsible for the program's responsiveness.

So despite what I've managed to do with this tool, I wouldn't generally recommend Lua as a language if you're looking into GUI stuff. That being said, there are some GUI toolkits that have Lua bindings, which you can use if you're not using a custom host/renderer like I am.
copy tree, gear and main skill links from char, get in calc 11% lower dps than in game tooltip
"
stan88 wrote:
copy tree, gear and main skill links from char, get in calc 11% lower dps than in game tooltip

Ok, well I'm going to need a lot more information than that. I'll need the character name so I can import it (you'll also need to change your privacy settings to show your characters tab). Also, a screenshot of the Offence tab of your character sheet for comparison.
Last edited by Openarl on Nov 21, 2016, 1:34:17 AM
I looked through the posts and didn't see this problem listed, sorry if I missed it.

The Scourge unique doesn't appear to be working with Necromancer Ascendancy. I've tried it in Main and Off-hand and there's no difference in DPS with it equipped in either OR unequipped. I also made sure I had enoughh Dex/Int to equip it just incase the tree was checking for that.

That's me hovered over a simple +%15 Minion node in the Ascendancy tree, it should impact my DPS but doesn't show anything; nor does toggling it do anything to my dps on the left of the tree. That means it's not hitting anything, not it's own DPS, not my off-hand weapon, nor the poison.
Last edited by Amber_Clad_ on Nov 21, 2016, 8:34:50 AM
"
Amber_Clad_ wrote:
I looked through the posts and didn't see this problem listed, sorry if I missed it.

The Scourge unique doesn't appear to be working with Necromancer Ascendancy. I've tried it in Main and Off-hand and there's no difference in DPS with it equipped in either OR unequipped. I also made sure I had enoughh Dex/Int to equip it just incase the tree was checking for that.

That's me hovered over a simple +%15 Minion node in the Ascendancy tree, it should impact my DPS but doesn't show anything; nor does toggling it do anything to my dps on the left of the tree. That means it's not hitting anything, not it's own DPS, not my off-hand weapon, nor the poison.

The "Increases and reductions to Minion Damage also affects you" modifier on The Scourge isn't supported yet (which is why it shows as red in the tooltip). It shouldn't be too hard to implement though, so I'll try and get it in the next update.

Edit: Done. The update should be out shortly.
Last edited by Openarl on Nov 21, 2016, 9:08:34 AM
"
Openarl wrote:
"
stan88 wrote:

Ok, well I'm going to need a lot more information than that. I'll need the character name so I can import it (you'll also need to change your privacy settings to show your characters tab). Also, a screenshot of the Offence tab of your character sheet for comparison.

attack rate is wrong, maybe it is from rite of ruin berserker passive there is no changes in calc with or without it ( i open char tab, char name stannny )
herald of ash, hatred and always on full life is active
Please return the calculation of the level of experience monsters

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info