Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.71]

Holy shit this is fucking awesome, would upvote you if I could. Please please please continue to update and support this, it's the tool I've always wanted.
Thanks for this great tool! It has already helped me do a lot of theorycrafting.

I'd like to suggest some things:

Could you fix bases, for example coral ring and prismatic ring aren't available?
Could you add Breach league uniques that have been revealed so far? Maybe even allow unique crafting, so you don't have to update so often.
Could you add missing mods, for example % energy shield isn't available for jewellry?
Could you add option to craft rare jewels?
Could you add option to save rares, so they can be used in other builds?
Last edited by t9s1n2 on Nov 23, 2016, 10:52:56 PM
Wow, lots to cover here!

"
I've tried this out and noticed some issues.

It doesn't load my Jackalope_Pillar character. This might be due to it having some gear that is not supported by PoEBuilder such as the hydrascale boots. Considering I'm a juggernaut at 20k armor, I'm not really concerned about armor on my boots and the like. Will there be a patch that adds more bases? Perhaps eventually all bases?
Odd. I had no trouble importing that character; all the gear and skills imported just fine (including the boots). The program does support all item bases, even though most of them don't have corresponding templates.
"
Abyssus does not support altering its increased physical damage taken stat. That varies from 40% to 50%.
Working as intended. The program doesn't currently do anything with that particular stat, so there's no point changing it.
"
You're missing mana leech on gloves, and likely several other stats such as master crafts (like my all stats on boots). Have you looked at http://poeaffix.net/ to get the various possible stats on items? Note that poeaffix is missing a few things, but in general it's quite good.
The program doesn't do leech calculations yet, so I haven't bothered to add leech stats to the templates. I don't intend to add every possible modifier to the item templates, since many of them are of little use, and the templates are only designed to approximate a build's final gear, so I've only added the essential modifiers.
"
You don't seem to support corruptions at the moment, or at least it's not something that can be changed in the item creation as far as I can tell. Once again, poeaffix will have those values. The wiki is also up to date with those I think.
Correct. It's not a big priority as most corruptions don't really affect the program's calculations. It is possible to add them manually by editing the item in a text editor (select the item and Ctrl+C, then paste into the editor, then paste back into the program after you're done).
"
Also, how does one import individual items from the game to the program?
Ctrl+C while hovering over the item in-game, then Ctrl+V while in the Items tab.

"
lokidunlavy wrote:
Holy shit this is fucking awesome, would upvote you if I could. Please please please continue to update and support this, it's the tool I've always wanted.
Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere :).

"
t9s1n2 wrote:
Thanks for this great tool! It has already helped me do a lot of theorycrafting.

I'd like to suggest some things:

Could you fix bases, for example coral ring and prismatic ring aren't available?
Could you add Breach league uniques that have been revealed so far? Maybe even allow unique crafting, so you don't have to update so often.
Could you add missing mods, for example % energy shield isn't available for jewellry?
Could you add option to craft rare jewels?
Could you add option to save rares, so they can be used in other builds?

1. There's quite a few bases I haven't added since they aren't used much. If there are any that you consider essential for your build, then I'll consider adding them.
2. They'll be coming soon.
3. % ES is already present on amulets; I'll add it to rings too. Again, if there's any essential modifiers you need, I'll consider adding them.
4. This is planned, but there's too many possible modifiers for the current system to be usable, so I need to come up with a better design.
5. Also a planned feature. One change I've been meaning to make is to preserve template-created rare item's modifier setups when copying them, so you can copy them between builds.
"
1. There's quite a few bases I haven't added since they aren't used much. If there are any that you consider essential for your build, then I'll consider adding them.
2. They'll be coming soon.
3. % ES is already present on amulets; I'll add it to rings too. Again, if there's any essential modifiers you need, I'll consider adding them.
4. This is planned, but there's too many possible modifiers for the current system to be usable, so I need to come up with a better design.
5. Also a planned feature. One change I've been meaning to make is to preserve template-created rare item's modifier setups when copying them, so you can copy them between builds.

1 / 3. I definitely use coral rings, prismatic rings and % ES. Those are the most important things missing for me for now.
2. I really only need to test 3 uniques at the moment, if you just don't mind adding these. They are Xoph'ethula's Heart, Voll's Vision and Tukohama's Fortress. If you just add them without their special mods, that would be good enough for now (mainly stuff like life and strength, life on Voll's can just be the % life without the special modifier, same with regen).
4. For jewels just listing the most generic modifiers might be good enough for now.
5. Maybe it might not be too hard to make the stats of items copyable and pastable?

The uniques can be found here.
https://www.pathofexile.com/breach
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1771475
Last edited by t9s1n2 on Nov 24, 2016, 5:20:35 AM
Hi i got a problem when clicking on jewel slot, however the frame of passive tree hide most of the unique items list and i couldn't move it.
Started using this tool when it was posted on reddit recently and I have a little feedback. This program is great because it does alot of things that existing tools dont but it has some usability issues.

The biggest issue i had at the beginning is how hard it is to just start it up and start planning a tree. If you are new to using the program, it opens up to an empty list which is confusing since I usually expect to see the tree. Its not hard to start a tree once you understand the interface but that first time experience is pretty confusing.

It would probably better for first time users that it would just start in the skill tree planner right away. Also clicking New should just open the tree right away and ask for a name after you save it; It just makes it overly complex to just quickly load up trees to quickly browse that you just wouldnt save anyway.

Open program->plan tree->name and save build

I think this is the preferred order of operations because its what I'm used to with the other offline skill tree planner and other programs in general; I mean when I load up a text editor or image editor, I'm immediately able to write/edit immediately and only bothered about the filename when I actually want to save what i made.

After using the program for a while, this is less of an issue but I think its pretty important for first time users especially if they already use the other offline planner.

Second issue is that I have no way of seeing an overview of all the stats i get from the tree. I like that it calculates alot on its own, but I have a hard time of seeing, for example, how much spell damage I have unless I create a skill on the skills tab that uses spell damage. Need that Attributes tab.

It also needs to start with the Tree Attributes tab rather than character sheet stuff because not all people will plan out gear and whatnot.

Minor stuff:

Need an config option for being on Consecrated Ground. Pretty important for Inquisitor things.

Lab enchants, specifically the boots ones since they are mostly stats stuff; Crit, Regen, Added Damage, etc.

Need Astral Plate in items, people commonly use 6L astrals from the cards. Zodiac Leather is also the better chest for high evasion, probably good to add that as well.

Looking forward to whatever other features you have planned.
Hm, odd. I reloaded the program just now and everything about my character loaded up just fine. Might have been an issue on GGG's end sending that info I guess?

Edit: Aha, I've recreated the issue I had with loading. If I have it try to open the account Jackalope_gaming (no uppercase G) it will show the characters, but not enable loading them. Once I switch it to the proper Jackalope_Gaming (with the uppercase G) it works perfectly.

I would suggest adding some additional rare item templates then, and maybe even talk to Neversink about which items he's noticed the community puts a lot of value on. Going into other posters' requests, coral rings and prismatic rings certainly do get used. Coral rings are nice for when you manage to get enough resistances on gear to cap off and just want the extra HP for example. Same line of thinking for moonstone rings.

Understandable on the Abyssus stat. I can maybe foresee a time when one would want to use that and other stats to compare defenses, but there look to be other things needed to be done for the program first.

In regards to templates only being there to approximate stats versus copying straight from the game giving perfectly accurate stats, could the documentation on the right side of the Items tab (or somewhere else in the program or as a standalone text document) better address how to copy and paste the items? If one is used to ctrl+alt+leftclick to copy and item to chat for example then ctrl+c just hovering over the item probably won't come to mind.

In regards to corruptions, while several of them are practically useless or otherwise give stats not supported by your program, many do give significant stats such as +1 curse that are needed for a build and editing the item in a text editor can be cumbersome if the person even knows that's an option.

Will you be adding flasks at some point? My first thought on supporting those in the Items tab would be to have them listed like the jewels are, and then have a checkbox next to them for the user to tell the program if they want it considered active or not.

The Ancestral totems could also use some sort of toggle for calculating their effect on other skills.
Last edited by Jackalope_Gaming on Nov 24, 2016, 11:25:52 AM
"
t9s1n2 wrote:
1 / 3. I definitely use coral rings, prismatic rings and % ES. Those are the most important things missing for me for now.
2. I really only need to test 3 uniques at the moment, if you just don't mind adding these. They are Xoph'ethula's Heart, Voll's Vision and Tukohama's Fortress. If you just add them without their special mods, that would be good enough for now (mainly stuff like life and strength, life on Voll's can just be the % life without the special modifier, same with regen).
4. For jewels just listing the most generic modifiers might be good enough for now.
5. Maybe it might not be too hard to make the stats of items copyable and pastable?

1 / 3. Done in the next update
2. Also done
4. Maybe. I'll look into it tomorrow.
5. This will work properly after the next update (it's technically possible now but doesn't work properly for template-derived items).

"
T_Speed wrote:
Hi i got a problem when clicking on jewel slot, however the frame of passive tree hide most of the unique items list and i couldn't move it.

So the jewel slot dropdown is sticking open? The passive tree only shows when the dropdown is open. It should close when you click away from it; if you managed to get it to stay open I'd like to hear how you managed that because I haven't been able to do it.

"
nyxtyx wrote:
It would probably better for first time users that it would just start in the skill tree planner right away. Also clicking New should just open the tree right away and ask for a name after you save it; It just makes it overly complex to just quickly load up trees to quickly browse that you just wouldnt save anyway.
It's a good suggestion, although not a new one. I've got a ton of other improvements to work on at the moment, but I'll look into it if I get the time.
"
nyxtyx wrote:
Second issue is that I have no way of seeing an overview of all the stats i get from the tree. I like that it calculates alot on its own, but I have a hard time of seeing, for example, how much spell damage I have unless I create a skill on the skills tab that uses spell damage. Need that Attributes tab.
I've been reluctant to add something like this, as I don't think that (for example) knowing your total increased crit chance from tree is nearly as useful as knowing what your actual crit chance will be. I've tried to make it as easy as possible to create a build's skill and gear setup so that you can rely on the actual character stats rather than abstract totals.

Nevertheless, as it's a reasonable feature request I'm obliged to give it some consideration. Don't expect anything too soon though; as I said there's a lot to work on at the moment.
"
nyxtyx wrote:
Need an config option for being on Consecrated Ground. Pretty important for Inquisitor things.
That'll be in the next update.
"
nyxtyx wrote:
Lab enchants, specifically the boots ones since they are mostly stats stuff; Crit, Regen, Added Damage, etc.
The basic item editor that's coming in the next update will allow you to add these manually, but I'd still like to add a proper editor for that. That'll be for another time though.
"
nyxtyx wrote:
Need Astral Plate in items, people commonly use 6L astrals from the cards. Zodiac Leather is also the better chest for high evasion, probably good to add that as well.
Both are added in the next update.

"
Edit: Aha, I've recreated the issue I had with loading. If I have it try to open the account Jackalope_gaming (no uppercase G) it will show the characters, but not enable loading them. Once I switch it to the proper Jackalope_Gaming (with the uppercase G) it works perfectly.
As I've explained previously this is caused by a bug in GGG's character API. I'm adding a note to the import tab in the next update to inform users about the need to use exact case.
"
I would suggest adding some additional rare item templates then, and maybe even talk to Neversink about which items he's noticed the community puts a lot of value on. Going into other posters' requests, coral rings and prismatic rings certainly do get used. Coral rings are nice for when you manage to get enough resistances on gear to cap off and just want the extra HP for example. Same line of thinking for moonstone rings.
I've added a few in the next update. If there's anything I've missed, feel free to suggest, although the new item editor makes it less necessary.
"
In regards to templates only being there to approximate stats versus copying straight from the game giving perfectly accurate stats, could the documentation on the right side of the Items tab (or somewhere else in the program or as a standalone text document) better address how to copy and paste the items? If one is used to ctrl+alt+leftclick to copy and item to chat for example then ctrl+c just hovering over the item probably won't come to mind.
Good point. I assumed everyone would understand "copy and paste an item from in game", but I can definitely add some more explanation there.
"
In regards to corruptions, while several of them are practically useless or otherwise give stats not supported by your program, many do give significant stats such as +1 curse that are needed for a build and editing the item in a text editor can be cumbersome if the person even knows that's an option.
The new item editor makes adding these a lot easier, although it's still not the ideal solution.
"
Will you be adding flasks at some point? My first thought on supporting those in the Items tab would be to have them listed like the jewels are, and then have a checkbox next to them for the user to tell the program if they want it considered active or not.
Yes, at some point. It'll have to wait until the next major update, as there's a bit of work involved.
"
The Ancestral totems could also use some sort of toggle for calculating their effect on other skills.
They should be affecting other skills, but they are currently bugged. That bug is fixed in the next update.
Quick and concise responses. Keep up the good work!
Found another small bug: While holding shift it's possible to trick the program into counting a pair (or more) of nodes more than once by just mousing over them repeatedly.

Then you find all of the deeps and win the game:

:)
Last edited by UltraNumb on Nov 24, 2016, 4:44:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info