[2.5] Freezing Pulse Inquisitor. Perma-Freeze everything including Tier 15 bosses. 250K DPS.

"
Bernhart wrote:
Hey Evilmindcz,

does Snakepit ring allows us to play without LMP in this FP build?
That would higher the overall dps alot.

In my opinion is the higher crit multi on shadow and dusk worth alot. I still crit all the time, but with higher dmg so i have better freeze. And you have a small amount of ES on it.

Kind regards
Bernhart

I was using GMP after i switched to Frostbolt as the main spell for clearing maps (and FP only for bosses), but 5 projectiles was actually too much, so i play with LMP+snakepit now. To get rid of LMP would decrease clear speed IMHO, i'm switching back to crit ring just for bosses, because i dont really want additinal projectile for single projectile attack, as its not shooting straightforward anymore :-).

But most of time i dont even need to swap gems, i can get up to 300k DPS fully buffed with FB/LMP, and thats enough to freeze even T15 bosses, as long as its not enfeeble/more life/etc map.

But i will test your gloves aswell, sometimes its just about better game feeling, then tooltip dmg...
Yeah i saw that you are playing with Frostbolt. What are the pros and cons of that spell compared to FP to clear maps?

Maybe i will try it out aswell if it fitts my playstyle.

Kind regards
Bernhart
Would this build work with a higher budget like with shavs skyforth and with double snakepit and then dropping LMP for lvl 4 empower?
Or is that not worth it?
on the hunt
Hi Schaegstrich,

I think its impossible to get capped res with the setup you discribed.
Maybe if you get the res on slots where you normally want dps stats like weapon and thats not worth at all.

Other opinions?

Kind regards
Bernhart
Last edited by Bernhart on Jan 4, 2017, 11:46:22 AM
"
Bernhart wrote:
Yeah i saw that you are playing with Frostbolt. What are the pros and cons of that spell compared to FP to clear maps?

Maybe i will try it out aswell if it fitts my playstyle.

Kind regards
Bernhart

Original reason to use Frostbolt was just for breaches, but i really liked it, so i use it all the time now.

Pros:
- very slow 100% piercing projectiles, you can run together with projectiles, using them as a shield!
- in the breach the same, easy to cover the screen with projectiles, and hide behind

Cons:
- if you have many projectiles "alive" and you see reflect elemental mob, it might be already too late to do anything :-)
- little bit lower DPS (tooltip)
How ist this build working in HC? Leveling should be fine as always, but i mean t6+ (enough ES/leech) on low budget (50c? / 5link?)
Three questions about the passive tree:

What's the right time to take CI? I'm level 67, and I think if I took CI and the ES nodes behind it right now I could easily have 5k ES, 6k+ if I buy a new shield and helm.

Has anyone tried this build without Vaal Pact? You have to take a bunch of pretty worthless nodes to get there, and with high ES and most enemies frozen all the time it seems like you might not need instant leeching.

And has anyone tried taking the Celestial Judgment and Celestial Punishment cluster of elemental damage nodes, plus Faith and Steel? For 11 points you get:

30 Int
38% increased armor
+8% resist all
15% increased max ES
56% increased cold damage
2% cold penetration
5% chance to freeze
25% increased damage against frozen enemies

I was thinking of eventually heading that direction instead of taking VP.
"
Original reason to use Frostbolt was just for breaches, but i really liked it, so i use it all the time now.

Pros:
- very slow 100% piercing projectiles, you can run together with projectiles, using them as a shield!
- in the breach the same, easy to cover the screen with projectiles, and hide behind

Cons:
- if you have many projectiles "alive" and you see reflect elemental mob, it might be already too late to do anything :-)
- little bit lower DPS (tooltip)

Ok the reflect elemental stuff seems to be a large problem to me, cause i dont want to die randomly, that would rly suck with lvl 93. :)

"
How ist this build working in HC? Leveling should be fine as always, but i mean t6+ (enough ES/leech) on low budget (50c? / 5link?)

I struggled alot while leveling and with lower gear and died alot in SC breach. But i think if you know what you are doing in HC and which content to skip (breaches and some map bosses) than you can progress further. To use just a 5 link lowers the dps output alot but its maybe enough for t6 maps in HC.

"
Three questions about the passive tree:

What's the right time to take CI? I'm level 67, and I think if I took CI and the ES nodes behind it right now I could easily have 5k ES, 6k+ if I buy a new shield and helm.

Has anyone tried this build without Vaal Pact? You have to take a bunch of pretty worthless nodes to get there, and with high ES and most enemies frozen all the time it seems like you might not need instant leeching.

And has anyone tried taking the Celestial Judgment and Celestial Punishment cluster of elemental damage nodes, plus Faith and Steel? For 11 points you get:

30 Int
38% increased armor
+8% resist all
15% increased max ES
56% increased cold damage
2% cold penetration
5% chance to freeze
25% increased damage against frozen enemies

I was thinking of eventually heading that direction instead of taking VP.

In my opinion you rly need Vaal Pact. Sure you freeze alot but there are always some mobs, for example in breaches, which come around and attack you from behind. Other mobs are immun to freeze like some bosses where you need a strong leech.

The points you would get for your 11 points you pointed out are not worth to drop vaal pact for. Int, resist, ES and cold damage are the only usefull points, but you have already high ES and cold damage so the scaling is not that good anymore thanks to Diminishing returns.

On the other hand you are picking up some str and dex on the way to Vaal pact. Dropping those would mean you have to get them on gear, which is hard to obtain.

Kind regards
Bernhart
Gear:
Spoiler

Stats in hideout:
Spoiler

LMP

Slower Projectile

Defence

Full buffed Freezing Pulse (with Slower Projectile, 4 Power Charges, potions, golem, herald of ice, vaal haste, buffs from Inquisitor and Halcyon):
Spoiler

Merc lab done, Esh done, farming 10 tiers easily.
Sometimes i have problems with mana (that's why i use mana potion).
What should I change now? I can spend 4 additional ex.
Last edited by Tankus on Jan 6, 2017, 6:35:36 PM
Might be a stupid question, but I really would like to know why my CoH setup is not working... I don't curse enemies and can't get power and end charges... I got CoH setup at around 35-40lvl, currently 60lvl and there was only few times where i got end or power charges.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info