[2.5] Freezing Pulse Inquisitor. Perma-Freeze everything including Tier 15 bosses. 250K DPS.

I'm a little more into theorycrafting lately and i was wondering if we could use some freeze duration to reduce how much damages we have to deal in one hit to freeze the target. Seems like we can indeed :p.
A long time ago, i was interested in perma stunning, but the threshold isn't the same and that's quite harder it seems (didn't search yet if it's doable but the formula includes a diminishing return).

Nice build, doesn't seem too expensive. Maybe i'll try that in the league to come after having some fun with Blade Flurry.
Last edited by Harest on Nov 30, 2016, 10:10:58 PM
Yes, that's why freeze duration is so important for this build. Thanks to that, you can scale a lot your freeze capabilities. Not possible to do scaling only damage.

For that, jewels are the best source of freeze duration.

PS: I tried some time ago to make a perma-stun build, but seems that stun is not reliable at all against hard bosses.
Do you think a Marauder version is possible, im trying to redo a Freezing pulse build with Marauder in mind, witha 2hand staff, idk if it's still possible and playable at high level in poe today.
"
kulgeen wrote:
Do you think a Marauder version is possible, im trying to redo a Freezing pulse build with Marauder in mind, witha 2hand staff, idk if it's still possible and playable at high level in poe today.
Marauder suffers from the problem that you can't go crit as easily. So for this build guide, I don't think marauder can work. However, if you don't mind forging your own path a bit, you could try doing Chieftan FP totems, using the Pyre ring to convert to fire damage. Maybe going Righteous Fire and Iron Will could get you enough damage, and if you do that then it will be fairly tanky/safe as well, with totems distracting and Taunting the mobs. But for the Crit, super-freeze build that this guide is for, any Marauder is a worse choice than Inquisitor by a long shot.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
@mas_mariano WOW you changed the whole tree ^^ ..WTF :)

just saw it .. but now i already decided to try lowlife_crit_fp_assassin !!

Because of the leech i was missing in your old build ...
But maybwe i will try your build again ...i keep you informated ^^
Why are you using Controlled destruction support gem ? It won't reduce your critical strike chance on FP ?
Why is Added Cold Damage not better for single target?
"
kulgeen wrote:

I have no idea. This build is based on crit to achieve perma-freeze, but most important, thanks to Inquisitor ascendancy class, all damage from crit hits makes monster resistances set to zero, that means a lot more damage to achieve freeze threshold.

So, if by any chance is possible to use Marauder class with FP skill, it will be completely different to this build imo.

Sorry can't help.
"
Cajun82 wrote:
@mas_mariano WOW you changed the whole tree ^^ ..WTF :)

just saw it .. but now i already decided to try lowlife_crit_fp_assassin !!

Because of the leech i was missing in your old build ...
But maybwe i will try your build again ...i keep you informated ^^

Yes, from the very beginning this build changed a lot. I'm sorry for that, but previous version didn't perform well after T12/T13. I tested a lot of things and finally reach to this version and I'm totally satisfied. The reason for making this build was to achieve T15 perma-freeze and only after all those changes that was possible.
"
fakedead wrote:
Why are you using Controlled destruction support gem ? It won't reduce your critical strike chance on FP ?

For the +44% MORE spell damage at level 20. Yes, CD reduce your crit chance, but still, you have enough crit chance to perma-freeze thanks to Power Charges/Diamond Flask.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info