Cumulative Atlas Completion Bonus

So, assuming a bonus of 123%...
If you're farming tier 2 or above it would be impossible to see a tier 1 drop as it has a 100% chance to upgraded at least one tier and a 23% chance to be upgraded two tiers to a tier 3.

If you're farming Dried Lake you would still only see tier 1 as that's the highest tier that can drop in Dried lake.

If you're farming tier 1 then normal mobs would still drop only tier 1 maps as tier 1 is the cap, but magic/rare enemies could only drop tier 2 while bosses would have all tier 1 drops upgraded to at least a tier 2 with a 23% chance to upgrade to a tier 3 along with its usual tier 2 drop being upgraded to a tier 3 drop and its usual tier 3 droprate.
ign: Quepha
Last edited by Nykken on Aug 29, 2016, 12:11:02 PM
So essentially AoW will have the same map drop system as 2.3, but instead of tier 1,2,3,4 you will be getting tier 2,3,4,5. Wow, I was so excited for this expansion but this announcement 4 days before release completely killed any hype I had for it.

This expansion was your chance to make the end-game more accessible and not be hidden by crazy amounts of RNG and currency spending to roll higher tier maps and you did nothing to address that. I've officially lost any interest in AoW. Gonna buy Legion instead, at least there devs care about accessibility of their content.
IGN: Iworkeout
Last edited by cutt on Aug 29, 2016, 2:46:40 AM
"
Chris wrote:
Capped at maximum level that could drop from that monster (same as before).

I hope this stays. Otherwise farming T1 maps (if there is a benefit to it like divination card) becomes almost impossible.
Having it (instead of map drops) affect some other drops (like "super chisels" == sextants?) would have been way easier to balance though...

Overall it is IMO an improvement over the previous iteration.

"
Byrr wrote:
Its extremely worrying that you are messing with this 5 days before the Atlas launches.

Welcome to PoE. If this is the worst "startup hiccup" then it is a major improvement over previous leagues/expansions.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
neilll wrote:
I was assuming that Atlas of Worlds would remove the concept of "map starvation" and having to "sustain my map pool". Forget about all these map drop rates, multipliers, etc. The Atlas should be a map just like the game world map. There are waypoints and you can go back to them at any time. If it's just as hard to "sustain my map pool" as before, then I don't understand what this expansion is doing. New bosses and layouts to maps that I won't ever see? This is a very timid attempt to rework the end game. It's the same end game? I don't get it. I can't figure out what this expansion is...

+1 Bolded for the awesome part.

It's most likely too late for this change now but I still hope they can do it. Problem being what should we do with tons of unused maps if we can just teleport to a waypoint (after we cleared it for the first time). One solution would be for the completed maps to stop dropping or rarely drop, this way the adjacent maps would be likelier to drop. Everyone would probably want to complete their atlas since they could farm w/e they want without having to build their atlas around their needs/character.
IGN: FoughtBledAndWeptForGod, WoE_HitoZ

stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hitokirizoro
I like this change.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
This has the potential to be really good. Since we got the whole white-yellow-red map tier system, I've always felt a bit bad whenever I actually ran my red maps knowing that it was very likely to brick on the payout. Things got worse recently when the experience penalties were increased but the drop rate for red maps stayed as it was (as far as anyone knows).

Hopefully red maps won't feel like unicorns anymore...

--

In any case, what I hope is coming, and it was touched on the latest podcast with Lifting and Ziggy, is an overhaul to the map mods themselves. Despite them being redone somewhat recently, it's still not quite right -- the system still doesn't incentivize running hard maps nor does it pay out for doing so.

Rolling maps is a simple matter of rolling for pack size mods that aren't much of a problem for your build. Mods that make a map extra rippy -- hexproof, extra damage, extra damage as [element], more crits, etc. -- don't really do much in terms of IIQ and provide no pack size. You roll maps more for your build's ability to function in that map as opposed to weighing real risk vs. reward.

I like Ziggy's idea of having synergistic map mods cause exponential rewards. So, rolling both extra elemental damage and lower max resists would stack and provide a significant bonus. I also liked PT's idea that all map mods provide some small amount of pack size in order to make you want to run the hardest god damned maps you could. Maps with extra damage could also provide a little extra experience.

But, hey, the patch notes are coming in a couple days, so I guess we'll have to see what all has been done.
https://redd.it/p0hyul
deleted
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Aug 29, 2016, 4:54:58 AM
The new solution sounds much better, but I'll reserve my judgment for after I experience it firsthand.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
All in all this is just another layer of RNG.

you can't get +3 maps (which i wouldn't support anyway) and if you are still building your map pool you won't get +2 either.

to able to get the bonus you need to complete most of the atlas which also means you will drop unwanted maps.

it would have been a much better solution when it would increase your chance to drop a map closer to the one you are playing (tier-wise). it seems a similar mechanic is already in place (see pathofmaps statistics) so it wouldn't be too hard to implement this.

both, the old and new way they are handling this, are bad IMO.
i already fill 4+ tabs of lower tier maps during a league so we don't need more maps to drop. but we need them to be more "meaningful" (-1,0,+1).

well, we will see how it works out but i believe this is just going to be the old problems in a new wrapping.
"
cutt wrote:
So essentially AoW will have the same map drop system as 2.3, but instead of tier 1,2,3,4 you will be getting tier 2,3,4,5. Wow, I was so excited for this expansion but this announcement 4 days before release completely killed any hype I had for it.

This expansion was your chance to make the end-game more accessible and not be hidden by crazy amounts of RNG and currency spending to roll higher tier maps and you did nothing to address that. I've officially lost any interest in AoW. Gonna buy Legion instead, at least there devs care about accessibility of their content.

I think you need and others need to go back and reread what chris wrote again.. Slowly..
He saying they are adjusting the system so we WONT see the same map starvation we have had in the past so everyone who is completing maps will be able to climb the tiers and wont see that usual wall at around T9-11.

Thats why they are not even going with the 33% penalty compared to now from the start like they planned to offset this bonus we will be getting and instead making sure the bonus will insure that once you get to that normal starving point in map progression if you have been completing maps and getting the bonus you will continue to build a map pool. They are trying to give us access to the higher maps easier so long as we are completing maps which is more than fair.

Now if your skipping boss's and shit and not completing maps to make it so only certain maps drop.. Well then dont come complaining that maps are not dropping like their suppose to.. Because your not completing maps like your suppose to. the bonus not only insures higher tiers will more easily drop but also that +2 maps will also more easily drop which will be very nice for map progression and will help insure we won't hit a massive wall. More completion bonus will also help with not seeing so many maps that drop WAY below the lvl of map you are runnings which is one of the biggest issues in mapping.. Hopefully this will mean less T1 Trop Islands dropping from your T13 boss. Instead if you have the bonus built up you'll more likely see that +2..

There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Aug 29, 2016, 4:14:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info