Lab is [Removed by Support]- some answers and feedback

"
Fruz wrote:

"
Demonoz wrote:
Fair enough... Then all of you just continue to cry out about.. see how far that gets you in this game or life.. kids.. SMH

Some reactions do look like the ones that spoiled kids can have, many people on the internet seem to feel like they deserve everything, it all has to fit them exactly, and as quick as possible ( yes, for many it's far beyond just giving feedback ).

That's why i give up.. People take what you say and run off to another planet with it instead of actually analyzing it and taking it for what it's worth.

The ONLY reason i even put it in a perspective of anything to do with LIFE is with the hopes people could actually see it with something they can relate to but NOPE.. Not this day and age unfortunately..

EVERYTHING is about Attitude. If you dont like something but you need to do it anyway then there's no point in being bitchy or complain about it.. Just go get it done and over with its as simple as that.

People also dont grasp the fact that those ascendancy points are a form of power that must be earned one way or the other. If you build is not up to snuff then you dont get the points till you square the build away.
ALL this makes you not only a better player in the end but a better person all round because when faced with adversity.. You overcome it.. Simple as that. You dont go beg for it to be changed because you cant get it down or because its too hard you go figure it out and overcome the obstacle that is giving you such problems.

Whether it's in a video game or real life this is the attitude i have about all things and it works.
when im faced with a problem.. i solve it. If it sucks.. Oh well it doesn't change the fact that it still must be done.

Maybe i just look at things weird who knows..

There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Some complain about Lab but have still played Prophecy league. Some even bought a Prophecy supporter pack. Maybe you should start acting instead of endlessly posting here because it has been proven it is useless. You want GGG to understand you don't like it: stop playing the game and stop supporting it. If you still play and support, why would they change it ?
"
sucemab wrote:
Some complain about Lab but have still played Prophecy league. Some even bought a Prophecy supporter pack. Maybe you should start acting instead of endlessly posting here because it has been proven it is useless. You want GGG to understand you don't like it: stop playing the game and stop supporting it. If you still play and support, why would they change it ?

Because they're supposed to care about if we enjoy the content or not? That might be a reason...CRAZZZYYY idea tho, I know

- Sheepster
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"
sucemab wrote:

Because they're supposed to care about if we enjoy the content or not? That might be a reason...CRAZZZYYY idea tho, I know

I may be wrong but I don't think they care about it anymore. I think they just look numbers(ie: player connections and $$$$).
"
Nssheepster wrote:

When you pay for something, it's usually because you enjoy it. Especially in a F2P game.

Why should the devs think you don't like their game when you just give them 100 bucks without being forced to do it ?

The money you spent don't force them to change the game for you, in the F2P world it;s quite the opposite, you give them money because YOU enjoyed their product and want them to continue to produce similar content.
Last edited by IceDeal on Aug 24, 2016, 5:00:53 PM
"
IceDeal wrote:
"
Nssheepster wrote:

When you pay for something, it's usually because you enjoy it. Especially in a F2P game.

Why should the devs think you don't like their game when you just give them 100 bucks without being forced to do it ?

The money you spent don't force them to change the game for you, in the F2P world it;s quite the opposite, you give them money because YOU enjoyed their product and want them to continue to produce similar content.

That doesn't really work as a metric in a game this complex. Should I NOT support them, simply because I hate lab? I DO hate lab, but the rest of their game is wonderful. Now, if they announced that Lab would never change, and Ascendancies would always be locked there....THEN I would leave, and no longer support. For now, I support in honor of the good parts, hoping they make the bad part optional, so I never have to touch it again.

- Sheepster
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"
IceDeal wrote:
"
Nssheepster wrote:

That doesn't really work as a metric in a game this complex. Should I NOT support them, simply because I hate lab? I DO hate lab, but the rest of their game is wonderful. Now, if they announced that Lab would never change, and Ascendancies would always be locked there....THEN I would leave, and no longer support. For now, I support in honor of the good parts, hoping they make the bad part optional, so I never have to touch it again.

The old GGG would take people's input on a person to person basis. If that were still the case, how you've chosen to support would be a good thing. That's not how GGG is run anymore. Now they only see the $$$ coming from you. That tells them you like the direction they're headed.

They're not who they were 4 years ago. And that's fine if it's working for them. Just be aware you're just another paying account to them, nothing more.
Just because you pay for something doesn't mean you have to like everything in it. I have enjoyed the game since its release. A few things here and there kind of irk me but the Lab is one thing in a design perspective that just makes no sense for an ARPG.

You guys have to understand its not about being difficult. The lab is easy, it always been easy, it was easy day 1. It's just boring to no end... it doesn't mesh with the core game at all. Ascendancy is not optional. There is way too much power in them to just move on without it. It's just as optional as leveling up is. When you constantly have to do this 3-4 times per character, it becomes frustrating.

We don't have much evidence to support how the community thinks of the Lab other then maybe some polls that been made here and there along with some threads. All which seems to suggest a divide between Like it, Don't Care, Hate it. Whether its minority or not.... there is definetly a divide from the community on this. There are a ton of threads on the Lab. While some threads maybe some generic "I hate lab, it sucks" thread, there are a ton of threads with great ideas on how to fix it up. A lot of people don't waste their time typing long threads about this for nothing. It's because they care about something enough to voice their opinion about it.

Last edited by e1337donkey on Aug 24, 2016, 7:39:36 PM
"
e1337donkey wrote:
It's just as optional as leveling up is.
Leveling is mandatory? Shouldn't everybody play to 100 then?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
e1337donkey wrote:
It's just as optional as leveling up is.
Leveling is mandatory? Shouldn't everybody play to 100 then?

The point is, is that in an ARPG you want to get stronger. You want to gain levels, get skill points, find gear, new abilities, etc. Your not going to go through the game and not level up, just as your not going to go through the game and not get your ascendancy. It's just part of the ARPG experience.

Going up to 100... well that might be a different discussion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info