Lab is [Removed by Support]- some answers and feedback

You mean waypoint reset after you finish the lab then ?
You say that the Labyrinth should be about killing Izaro ... that's half what it is, but you have to "kill" him 3 times in a row.
Doing it three times with check points would make it much easier, imho, and this is I think not what GGG wants to do.

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
EdgarFriendly wrote:

The waypoints would be temporary to that lab instance, and would also reset daily. maybe portals, whatever. activated when you get to the ascendants trial, you'd still have to run through the entire lab each izaro kill

they could even tune up the difficulty of the trap sections, and add more variety so it's not nearly the same thing every day, add in some mini-bosses you need to get through that change daily. something to make the place more interesting and fun and not just a pain in the ass or a chore. i'm not saying make it easy, Izaro should be hard to kill, a step up from malachai on each difficulty and endgame lab should require some levels/gear upgrades from when you can beat merciless.

I think the issue with a waypoint system in the lab is it encourages players to cheese the content, instead of plan around the challenge at hand. The lab was designed as a piece of content that can be done in one "sitting", technically there are a few safe spots if you absolutely must go afk, such as before each boss fight, but in general its best to plan on doing it all at once.

Tune up the difficulty of the traps, yeah that isn't going to happen. They had to nerf how much damage it did to ES builds because it was "too difficult" they aren't about to make it harder again, even if you have "checkpoints" or whatever that isn't a good balance, the lab currently is about a more attrition based challenge instead of a smaller, deadlier challenge. In terms of adding mini bosses or what not, technically there already is one, Argus which people go out of their way to kill for the additional key. Instead of golden doors or instead of having to find the golden key through a series of traps, they could have a guardian that holds a golden key as well, sort of like your mini boss that requires activation for you to fight him, however the balance of this mini-boss would be difficult because he saves you time he would need to be a risk to activate.

I agree Izaro should be hard to kill, but I disagree with him being a step up from malachai on each difficulty hard. Hes located in Act 3, hes designed to be done before that difficulty is completed, especially merciless, but even the others. They specifically nerfed the normal and cruel variations because he is meant to be done before you kill malachai and maybe before you even do any of act 4. It is just easier to progress into act 4, farm dried lake for a few levels and then return to do the lab when you have more levels, higher potions and overall better geared.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
The design is already made with cheesing the content in mind by purchasing safe passage.
"
The design is already made with cheesing the content in mind by purchasing safe passage.

The safe passage isn't necessarily safe, yes it removes the need to plan for the boss, but you still must navigate thru the traps.

In terms of cheese, I personally think that boss kills are a core part of this game, they always have been. So IMO people paying for a lab carry is no different then people paying for various boss kills in the past, except the lab carry is a bit more dangerous. You aren't cheesing the lab with a carry, you are getting a boss kill, while I see similarities they are quite different.

FeelsBadMan

The runner gets the keys, opens doors and pulls levers for the customer. The payer barely needs to go through traps at all.
"
The runner gets the keys, opens doors and pulls levers for the customer. The payer barely needs to go through traps at all.

But there is still risk involved for the player that pays for the run, unlike literally every other aspect of the game where you pay for a carry.

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:
"

But there is still risk involved for the player that pays for the run, unlike literally every other aspect of the game where you pay for a carry.

The risk is smaller than facing normal Vaal construct solo. Hop over 3 or 4 traps, then wait in the garden while your overleveled carrier one-shots Itzaro.

Not so much risk, man. Come on.
"

The risk is smaller than facing normal Vaal construct solo. Hop over 3 or 4 traps, then wait in the garden while your overleveled carrier one-shots Itzaro.

Not so much risk, man. Come on.

Yet I've seen tons of people die in lab carries, even in hardcore. I can count the number of times people that have died to vaal construct in a party with me or my friends on a single hand.

FeelsBadMan

I want to see where you've seen tons of people dying in lab carries.
Lab is removed by support.

Every time I see this thread I giggle a little.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info