Duelist Builds List - Post your Build link here

Hi there, fellow Duellists!

Now that i lvld my shadow to 24 and reckognised i failed my passives spectacularly, i rerolled as Duellist and spent some time on my own first build.

OF COURSE, i am highly interested for helpful suggestions or recommendations!!!

In general, i am going for a cyclone based build (life leech combined with enough aoe to not die), with additions to a high phy dmg output and increased armor and elemental resist. I'd like to pvp with it, so i tried to increase projectile dmg a little and use higher stun threshold and duration to prevent my opponents from moving or use skills best as possible.

Therefore i am using (and skilling) maces and decided to go for the following skill gems:
- clash (later cyclone of course)
-> supportives will be life leech (or additional ice dmg) and blood magic gems
- vigilant strike (because buff & dmg, hopefully enforced with skillgem vigilant strike)
-> supported with stun and ice dmg gems
- heavy strike (as main single target dmg)
- frost blades (because range and slow/freeze effects, mainly for pvp reasons)

(not sure about the rest yet, maybe something like whirling blades and hearld of ice will add up useful)

It will start out like this (ca. lvl 40):

Using iron reflexes, providing tons of armor while making it cheaper and independent from heavy armor (better movement possible), unweavering stance (pvp related stun resist, if i cant evade, why not spend 1 point?!) and resolute technique, to bring up a reliable life leech, as the 3 main keystones. I still dont know if "cloth and chain" is a better addition than the jewel socket...

at ca. lvl 70 it will be:

Adding mace support talents with skull cracking and bone breaker to hopefully gain reliable stun chances and increasing projectile dmg with iron grip to get more use out of frost blades. It also has highly increased resistances thanks to diamond skin and additional fire/ice/lightning passives after Sentinel.

EDIT: Added adjusted max lvl build, this will also impact lvl 40 and lvl 70 build

Last edited by Blarok on Jun 26, 2017, 5:02:08 PM
"
Blarok wrote:
Hi there, fellow Duellists!

Spoiler
Now that i lvld my shadow to 24 and reckognised i failed my passives spectacularly, i rerolled as Duellist and spent some time on my own first build.

OF COURSE, i am highly interested for helpful suggestions or recommendations!!!

In general, i am going for a cyclone based build (life leech combined with enough aoe to not die), with additions to a high phy dmg output and increased armor and elemental resist. I'd like to pvp with it, so i tried to increase projectile dmg a little and use higher stun threshold and duration to prevent my opponents from moving or use skills best as possible.

Therefore i am using (and skilling) maces and decided to go for the following skill gems:
- clash (later cyclone of course)
-> supportives will be life leech (or additional ice dmg) and blood magic gems
- vigilant strike (because buff & dmg, hopefully enforced with skillgem vigilant strike)
- heavy strike (as main single target dmg)
- frost blades (because range and slow/freeze effects, mainly for pvp reasons)

(not sure about the rest yet, maybe something like whirling blades and hearld of ice will add up useful)

It will start out like this (ca. lvl 40):

Using iron reflexes, providing tons of armor while making it cheaper and independent from heavy armor (better movement possible), unweavering stance (pvp related stun resist, if i cant evade, why not spend 1 point?!) and resolute technique, to bring up a reliable life leech, as the 3 main keystones. I still dont know if "cloth and chain" is a better addition than the jewel socket...

at ca. lvl 70 it will be:

Adding mace support talents with skull cracking and bone breaker to hopefully gain reliable stun chances and increasing projectile dmg with iron grip to get more use out of frost blades. It also has highly increased resistances thanks to diamond skin and additional fire/ice/lightning passives after Sentinel.

EDIT: Added adjusted max lvl build, this will also impact lvl 40 and lvl 70 build

I don't want to be disrespectful, but this is a thing you should ask in a separate Thread, I'm sure you'll get more anwers then.
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1894126

did some pretty big updates for my bloison lacerate, 3.0 ready.

🥚 IGN: demigodking | Creator of Demigod's Wager
🍋 twitch.tv/demi | youtube.com/demigodkinglol
🥔 Mirror Thread (400+ Services): pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1753977
🍋 #1 Items, IIQ MF Item Duplication Services, Carries and More!
🥚 TheSpiderQueenByDemi - Hall of Grandmasters
Updated

Lacerate: [2.6/3.0] Demi's Bloison Leech Lacerate Slayer! FlyingPurplePeople // 3.0 ready

As far as I can tell, the build looks 3.0 ready.
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
I just began to easily get to tier 7 maps with this build. Still some way to go minmaxing it.

To sum it up, a The Dancing Dervish rampage SRS summoning Champion with The Baron and 1132 Str at lvl 76 atm. Also works in parties due to a makeshift Decoy Totem which is actually a taunting Ball Lightning Spell Totem and Inspirational.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1922592
Last edited by JoBilly on Jul 14, 2017, 10:08:00 AM
Last edited by alypaa on Jul 14, 2017, 4:43:36 PM
"
JoBilly wrote:
I just began to easily get to tier 7 maps with this build. Still some way to go minmaxing it.

To sum it up, a The Dancing Dervish rampage SRS summoning Champion with The Baron and 1132 Str at lvl 76 atm. Also works in parties due to a makeshift Decoy Totem which is actually a taunting Ball Lightning Spell Totem and Inspirational.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1922592

Why did I oversaw this one?
Strange. I'll take a look into the guide.

Added
Sunder: [2.6/3.0] 3 AURA RT 220k DPS DUELIST SLAYER SUNDER! **Cheap/Beginner Friendly**

Added²
Derwish/Minions: [2.6] The Dancing Baron - The Baron/Tri elemental Dancing Dervish/Rampage/SRS Summoner

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Last edited by eviL_Bison on Jul 21, 2017, 11:39:21 AM
hi Bison, I just typed up my first ever build. I've been playing since Essence League and still learning the game but I think I have a very good Noob friendly, cheap and viable for a most of the games content here.

It abuses the fact that a lot of leech is limited to "physical attack damage leech" so I run Brutality, so we can only deal physical damage. With Bloodseeker's insta leech and really high leech built in you get allllll the leech. Nothing goes to waste!

Very easy to gear because you can ignore accuracy thanks to RT

Mostly ignore armour because we're running Acro

ignore reflect because no elemental damage and Headsman ascendancy

ignore bleeds and no stun lock with Brutal Fervor

ignore massive life buffs to bosses in 3.0 with 20% cull

no insanely expensive items, BoR, Carnage Heart and Bloodseekers are typically more expensive at a league start, but from I've seen usually in the 10-30c range which is easily fordable to have 1 of each by the time you actually need them.

Even cheaper for casual players that will take a week or two to get to the level where they need these items, could prob put the entire build together on 40c 2 weeks in.

Thanks a lot, and your post with build tips and templates helped immensely!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1925500
Last edited by TheNotoriousPIG on Jul 22, 2017, 2:47:59 AM
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1927579

Worked a lot on the phys-based build for Dual Strike to make it endgame-viable, and looks like it's not ruined in 3.0.
Last edited by banana_peel2 on Jul 30, 2017, 9:10:32 PM
I'll now view through the listed builds and somewhat sortout the Builds for now. I will contain Builds where I think they will work in 3.0 which to be honest will nearly all of them.

I saw the two new submissions, I'll add them later on.

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Last edited by eviL_Bison on Aug 2, 2017, 8:16:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info