poebuilds.io Now with STATISTICS!

Add to the to do list, force remove portal as main active skill? Maybe? I would love to have the option to filter people with some skills out too.

Trayed searching terminus est sword and its not even listed.
Nice to have something like this tho, good job.
"
nEVER_BoRN wrote:

Trayed searching terminus est sword and its not even listed.
Nice to have something like this tho, good job.

That's because to generate the list of items and gems in the autocomplete I take them all from the list of top1000 players.

So if nobody uses Terminus est in the top 1000 it won't show up as an option. Also I think I'm only looking for items on one league, so if nobody uses it in HC it won't show up as autocomplete in SC either but you should still be able to type it out and search for it.
The obvious disadvantage is that it's confusing for the users if they don't know that. I might make a tooltip that explains it. But the advantage is that new skills/items get added automatically without any input needed on my part :)

And as for removing Portal as a main skill, it's not really important cause that just means the profile is irrelevant cause the guy took off his real gear/gems.

For the moment the Core skill isnt meant to be taken super seriously, if you want to search for a skill you should use the search function and add maybe 2-3 supports that you expect to be there.

That should mostly be fixed with the start of the new league as you should see less incomplete/dismantled profiles.

Last edit : top 1000 = 1000 PUBLIC profiles
ign : MLG_AT_OVERWATCH
Last edited by dota_is_better on Aug 28, 2016, 7:44:16 PM
"
And as for removing Portal as a main skill, it's not really important cause that just means the profile is irrelevant cause the guy took off his real gear/gems.

That's not true, the few guys I saw with portal listed as main skill were using them in the second set of weapons along with some lvl3 skills like empower and enlighten.
"
Aerinx wrote:
"

That's not true, the few guys I saw with portal listed as main skill were using them in the second set of weapons along with some lvl3 skills like empower and enlighten.

Basically its quite hard to figure out the main skill sometimes.

I'm looking at which active gems are linked with the most supports. If 2 active gems are both linked with 5 supports, it's basically a gamble.

I just looked and most profiles listing Portal as a main skill are putting 2 active gems (their main skill + portal) linked with 4 supports. In that case its also a gamble. But that means their gem setup is kinda fucked. But if you search for Earthquake builds and his core skill shows Portal you should still inspect his profile.

Also if the guy has Portal in a 5 or 6 Link in his weapon swap that's what is gonna show up as main skill if he doesnt have a real skill linked with more supports. The character AusthernProphecy is a good example of that since he uses CoC. I will remove Portal from the list but another random gem might take its place. It's pretty hard to get a perfect system without writing specific code for each gem.

I also cannot know if gems are linked with each other so some guy using a 6S weapon in his weapon swap is probably going to fuck up the Core skill calculation. I have a plan to fix that issue but it probably won't be done for a long ass time cause it requires me to re-write the whole scraper.

Thanks for your input!

edit : by active I mean skill gem
Last edited by dota_is_better on Aug 28, 2016, 8:05:16 PM
Updated profile to add a bit more info. I still want to put more in there but I'm getting pretty damn hyped about WoW launch >_>

Also fixed portal gem

i gotta say this is an excellent tool! i hope folks take to this like with poetrade.
#NeverGoing90
looks great!

ty for your hard work
Bayern des samma mia
Is there a reason it only shows rank 6+ and not the top 5 dota_is_better?

Ah, must be private accounts?

Edit: Also when I type in Split for Split Arrow it shows Split Arrow but when I click on it nothing happens, I'm still left with Split. I was only interested in Split Arrow players so I haven't checked if that's the case with other skills.
#NeverGoing90
Last edited by TwistedTrip on Aug 30, 2016, 7:28:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info