Lab sucks

Hi everyone!

Please stop locking ascendancy points behind Lab GGG.
It is extremely boring. Just logged on after not playing for a while and brought a character through cruel lab. I was extremely bored and am now contemplating not playing ever again unless a new way of obtaining ascendancy points is added. It didn't take long, but the time I spent there was a lot more annoying and boring than most tasks I can think of. I'd rather do dishes than run the labs.

I don't care what players that love the lab think. Play the labyrinth all you like. I hate it so much that I'm not sure it's worth playing POE anymore even.
Sure, ascendancy points is optional. Wearing gear is also optional. Defeating Hillock is optional.

I have even made a nice profit, lots of exalts, running uber lab. It is not fun though. I tried making a character specialized in running lab to embrace it and stop hating it so much. Did not work.
Now when returning in the end of the season I was amazed at how boring even cruel lab was.

The more tedious making new characters is in POE the worse the game becomes for me, since for me it is about trying different builds and ideas.

I am sure this deserved it's own thread since I make so many amazing points
Feel free to discuss, but don't count on any replies from me since I have already contributed so much and won't be logging on for a while.

Have the best day ever everyone, bless you!!!
Last bumped on Apr 13, 2017, 2:47:02 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Malachai Sucks,

He is extremely boring. Just logged on after not playing for a while and brought a character through cruel act. I was extremely bored and am now contemplating not playing ever again unless a new way of gaining acces to th next difficulty is added.It didn't take long, but the time I spent fighting him was a lot more annoying and boring than most tasks I can think of. I'd rather do dishes than fight Malachai.

Well considering you only have to run lab once on each character per difficulty for an exponential power increase to your build there's really no reason to move or change anything. If you dont like the lab that's perfectly fine. I dont care for it that much myself to be honest. That's why i get my points and never look back. But moving the points to another way to get them isn't going to be the answer. Making the points easier to get isn't going to happen as well it shouldn't. Not to mention its a waste of time and resource GGG could be using on more important things that are an issue in the game such as bugs and lag, client crashes, trade improvements, the list goes on and on but moving the points for ascendancy to something easier or something where you dont have to be bothered to run the lab isn't needed.

And if you are going to quit POE over a challenge that was added with a reward that boosts your build tremendously then so be it.. Quitters never win and winners never quit. \m/
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
all your complain is for only 10 or 15 min spent on lab to ascend?
The end of all that is - The winter has come - Hold the door - The North Remembers
I hope you have a good life on the other side of the wall
“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” Gen. James Mad Dog Mattis
Hi guys!

Please stop locking passive points behind killing monsters GGG.
It is extremely tedious. Just logged on after not playing for a while and brought a character through twilight strand. I was extremely bored and am now contemplating not playing ever again unless a new way of obtaining passive points is added. It didn't take long, but the time I spent there was a lot more annoying and boring than most tasks I can think of. I'd rather do dishes than run the labs.

I don't care what players that love the killing mobs think. Play the hamsterwheel all you like. I hate it so much that I'm not sure it's worth playing POE anymore even.
Sure, passive points is optional. Wearing gear is also optional. Defeating Barrels is optional.

I have even made a nice profit, lots of exalts, running through the game. It is not fun though. I tried making a character specialized in killing to embrace it and stop hating it so much. Did not work.
Now when returning in the end of the season I was amazed at how boring even killing monsters was.

The more tedious making new characters is in POE the worse the game becomes for me, since for me it is about trying different builds and ideas.

Feel free to discuss, but don't count on any replies from me since I have already contributed so much and won't be logging on for a while.

Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
I have not yet logged of so I will actually reply.

To the guy not playing Malachai: For me the difference is that fighting Malachai is just like the rest of POE. A good boss fight in an ARPG. Doing the lab is a very new gameplay element introduced that's not at all like the rest of the game. Imagine being forced to play Tetris for an hour suddenly every now and then to progress your characters. I'd rather play Tetris than the lab but TBH I would probably quit POE if it was like that also, and I like Tetris.

"
Demonoz wrote:

And if you are going to quit POE over a challenge that was added with a reward that boosts your build tremendously then so be it.. Quitters never win and winners never quit. \m/

I think we have different definitions of winning/being a winner. Personally I wouldn't feel like a winner if I kept playing/doing something I hated if the only point of playing/doing was being entertained. It's not for a noble cause, I don't earn money or improve my life in any way playing POE unless I enjoy it.
Sure, if this was the only game in the world I might play and take the good with the horrible. Or I might even not play but do something else. As it is, there is plenty of things to do besides playing games and as you might know there are a lot of games out there.

I have endured and I have ascended a lot of characters. As I said in the first post I even had a lab runner and made pretty good currency running the uber lab. It sucks though, I like leveling maybe 10 characters per league trying various things. Now I have to do something I hate every time I do that and it adds up to being too much.

It's frustrating for me because I have many hours invested in POE, I've bought several supporter packs and other things to support GGG, and now something has been added to the game that's not at all like the game I liked. I don't regret buying things and supporting GGG because they already deserved the money when I spent it but as is I won't be spending more. It's mostly about the time invested though.

I don't mean to attack people that like the lab. I just felt like whining about this because if I just stopped playing without stating why, I feel like that's worse. Either they will make some way to make lab more optional or they won't. I don't think this thread will be the deciding factor for them but it's my opinion. Companies usually like feedback from customers and that's usually what feedback forums are for.
Lab isn't that bad, I think. If I'm feeling more awake I appreciate having to switch mental gears and do something different for a change after killing mobs with right-click for four hours. The timing puzzles and Matrix dodging appeal to me after I've slaughtered a city's worth of random stuff. Izaro himself is an interesting fight too, depending on his mechanics (Some of them are terrible, but most are fun). I know one of the best moments of my Path of Exile 'career' was beating Merciless Izaro for the first time after a truly epic battle that probably lasted ten minutes and had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. And if I'm feeling lazy, most of the trap gauntlets can be face-tanked unless you're either very fragile or very slow (or running Endgame Lab).

If you want to know something that is tedious beyond compare, something that is endlessly boring and mind-numbingly repetitive, you need to start mapping. An hour of Labyrinth might be annoying, but an hour of mapping will put me to sleep. And that hour of Lab is probably the only hour I ever need to spend on it, 15 minutes per run, while I need to map for hour after hour after hour to make any progress past 80.
The lab sucks. +1 to OP
"
StDrakeX wrote:
Hi guys!

Please stop locking passive points behind killing monsters GGG.
It is extremely tedious. Just logged on after not playing for a while and brought a character through twilight strand. I was extremely bored and am now contemplating not playing ever again unless a new way of obtaining passive points is added. It didn't take long, but the time I spent there was a lot more annoying and boring than most tasks I can think of. I'd rather do dishes than run the labs.

I don't care what players that love the killing mobs think. Play the hamsterwheel all you like. I hate it so much that I'm not sure it's worth playing POE anymore even.
Sure, passive points is optional. Wearing gear is also optional. Defeating Barrels is optional.

I have even made a nice profit, lots of exalts, running through the game. It is not fun though. I tried making a character specialized in killing to embrace it and stop hating it so much. Did not work.
Now when returning in the end of the season I was amazed at how boring even killing monsters was.

To me this makes an even stronger argument that labyrinth is out of place. If anyone really actually felt the things you typed above then, of course, they never would play PoE since the regular gameplay is all about killing monsters not dodging traps. Good job!
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Trylobyte wrote:
Lab isn't that bad, I think. If I'm feeling more awake I appreciate having to switch mental gears and do something different for a change after killing mobs with right-click for four hours. The timing puzzles and Matrix dodging appeal to me after I've slaughtered a city's worth of random stuff. Izaro himself is an interesting fight too, depending on his mechanics (Some of them are terrible, but most are fun). I know one of the best moments of my Path of Exile 'career' was beating Merciless Izaro for the first time after a truly epic battle that probably lasted ten minutes and had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. And if I'm feeling lazy, most of the trap gauntlets can be face-tanked unless you're either very fragile or very slow (or running Endgame Lab).

If you want to know something that is tedious beyond compare, something that is endlessly boring and mind-numbingly repetitive, you need to start mapping. An hour of Labyrinth might be annoying, but an hour of mapping will put me to sleep. And that hour of Lab is probably the only hour I ever need to spend on it, 15 minutes per run, while I need to map for hour after hour after hour to make any progress past 80.

Some other players, like me, are actually bored to death by the tediousness and the monotony of passing the trap gauntlets as they are not difficult enough to keep us awake, and they are made to be cheesed - yes there are players that "speed run" even in Uber Labyrinth - so it's actually not an improvement from the mapping system - which also gets an overhaul in 2 weeks...

Doing the same tedious thing 4 times per character feels more like work than having fun in this case, and believe me, even though I love hoarding in this game, I feel that being obliged to "Ascend" is too much, and it will offset the fun factor unfortunately...

I did found the Izaro fights the best additions in a while, so the Labyrinth actually failed in changing the pace of the game by the trap gauntlets - they made a ladder for the FASTEST players that run the Lab daily, and you think that they will feel that the "speed meta" must change?

My other gripe is also rendering the whole "Ascendancy" point mute by making the runs available to sell - bad idea, what is the point of Ascendancy as a separator between good/bad builds, and forcing you to actually change the build via regrets if you could actually buy for a couple chaos a run where you won't even see Izaro and "Ascend"? This sole point makes changing the availability of the Ascendancy points via alternate ways possible and should be actually encouraged by the community.

All the "white knights" should actually state that for the Labyrinth/Uber Labyrinth to stay the same as it is right now, GGG should at least make 2 concessions:

1. Make the Labyrinth runs a solo experience - that way you will earn your points the right way, and the "Ascendancy" will actually mean something, just as level 100 still does (we all know that 100 can be reached the easy way, by running Gorges/Plateaus but there still is a time investment requirement to actually play them) - they could actually tune the drops/XP as they see fit afterwards

2. For the people unimpressed by the trap gameplay/Izaro fights/Labyrinth layouts etc., make an option of running the Uber Labyrinth once and receiving all the Ascendancy points at once - and yes, beating Izaro without help from the other Ascendancy points will give the legitimacy to earn them that way (actually it would be even better if they reverted to a system that gives 4 points for Cruel Labyrinth, 6 for Merciless Labyrinth and the 8 for beating Uber Labyrinth for everyone)

Until these 2 points are actually implemented, the Labyrinth/Uber Labyrinth is a deception for everyone, either supporters or haters...

PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info