Introducing New Base Items

I probably won't play new end game content.

The core game is simply too easy and boring (and long) to maintain my interest these days.

The easier it gets the less i play.

Don't think like others that Crystal Belt is OP.
+/-50 ES gap from chain belt could seem huge, but it's not so much compared to ES values every one want and get on other piece of gear.
In fact i think chain belt is useless on an endgame build (who cares about 9-20 base ES @ level 80+ ??), you'd better use another belt (probably unique).
Chain belt was not, but this crystal belt IS a real alternative to slightly boost ES on an endgame build.
SSF for ever :)
Okay, gotta admit, I'm liking this direction.

On the subject of power creep, how about this: Don't use these items. If people are allowed to call Lab optional, then I'm calling this optional. Set your own rules if you're going to be butthurt about difficulty. Personally, I've always found this game too punishing, and you can call me a casual scrublord all you want but, fuck it, I got better things to do than farm currency to buy your overpriced mirror items. I'll take the "power creep," because in my opinion the game has been stacked against the player for too long as is.

Or, y'know, go play something else. The game is finally approaching something the rest of us can enjoy, and you don't get to decide the design direction.
This is a buff™
Last edited by AkuTenshiiZero on Aug 18, 2016, 10:02:55 AM
Awesome!
"
AlteraxPoe wrote:
So some streamer with maxed out everything - quite a lot of which was supplied by his herd of sheep - says powercreep is taking over poe, and the sheep run around baaing about powercreep.

What a surprise.

Some streamer mentions ehp and suddenly the sheep are all going on about ehp for days, even though not a mention of it for years prior.

Shocking.

It may come as a shocking surprise to the sheep that not everyone has the most maxed out gear possible for the most powerful fotm build. The vast majority of players aren't.

Not sure why exactly because their own characters aren't maxed out or even close, nor will they ever be most likely. Though they know there ehp by heart and are absolutely positive powercreep is going to kill off poe any day now.

Then we have the people who focus on trade more than actually playing the game. In which case they can have the most powerful whatever as soon as its possible to get it.

So no matter what GGG does, they are not going to be 'challenged' unless the mobs are jacked up so high the average (majority) of players obviously won't stand a chance.

Trading is a shortcut. A shortcut to the end of your progression.

After having put forth all the effort to shortcut your way to being maxed out, don't act surprised to be there.

This is pretty basic logic.

If in doubt, start a new account if you are in standard, or a new char in the new league and don't trade for profit as if its a job, just play the game and buy the occasional item from what you find.

Don't take gifts from anybody and don't run in a group of people who do any of these things.

You know, just play the game like a regular player.

I think you'll find the 'powercreep' baaing is way overblown.

Now if you play 8,10,12 hours a day You will get to the point where the game is easy for you again fairly quickly, but its pretty unrealistic to expect a company to build a game around people who devote their life to it.

This isn't something the majority of people can or will do.

TL:DR

powercreep is only in the imagination of those who have manipulated the system in some way to reach the end of their progression. Its kind of foolish to manipulate your way to the top and then complain about being there.

The game is pretty well balanced for anybody who plays in a normal fashion.

Exactly.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
As someone who plays since CB and kept reading the forum, I have to say that the community (or gamers in general) always tend to one extreme when reacting to GGG´s announcements.

Power Creep:

So yeah: There is power creep. GGG is aware of it. They probably won´t solve this problem in time for 2.4. However, keep in mind that we don´t have any patchnotes yet. GGG nerfed % life across the tree before, adjusted monster life and damage, nerfed damage conversion and so on: So comparable changes can and will happen in the future. Furthermore, as many people have pointed out already: The challenge of high tier maps is there! The absolutely vast majority of players does not get to that difficulty and most top players don´t run them as well (especially in HC: Too high risk for no reward).

Forum outcries

So what I observed throughout PoE´s existence is the following (and you can go back and check evidence for that on the forums):
- If GGG nerfs stuff (look up the changes/increases to aura reservation as just one of many examples) and therefor makes the game more challenging in certain ways, the forum is flooded with hateful, disrespectul "Thanks GGG, you suck, I´m going to quit the game" flame posts.

- The same goes for when new bosses are released and turn out to be very difficult or slightly overtuned
-> everyone spits harsh criticism towards GGG. (Examples: Cruel and Merc Dominus upon release / Izaro upon release)
But then: If we get bosses that aren´t that difficult and overtuned (as happened with Rigwald and the Council) EVERYONE complains on how easy the game has become and so on.

In conclusion:

GGG gives the players power and the forums go: "Power creep, this game is too easy and therefor sucks!"

GGG gives the players a challenge (especially when this happens through nerfs) and the forums go: "I hate you GGG! You´ve ruined my build and therefor the whole game! I quit playing! Uninstall!"

That being said, you should not get the wrong impression: I am of the opinion that there is a lot of room for improvement in this game (take the topic of movement skills as an example). I just don´t like the overwhelmingly undifferentiated amount of reactions we always see here on the forums or on reddit.

Just my two cents. Cheers and have a nice day!
Last edited by TheManWhoLaughs on Aug 18, 2016, 10:42:06 AM
"
ProjectPT wrote:

So you want me to run Bob the Boat Builder into the lab with an Immortal lab build (...) I'll gladly record it (will take me 1 week to organize with him)

please do that. It would be a "/thread" reply covering a lot of arguments that came up lately.

/edit: besides "noob run" content has gone stale, I think you're proved your point perfectly clear in first few episodes. Change of premise where you actually make the build and you let Bob play it through lab or maps, would be interesting to see though.
Last edited by Razis on Aug 18, 2016, 10:52:09 AM
"
Power Creep https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k0SmqbBIpQ

"
Bowtye wrote:
That belt seems way too powerful. I plan on playing a ci build in 2.4 but the step up from chain belt is insane! Starting to get worried about power creep

Armchair developers: no thank you.

CI builds with melee or short range are fairly weak until end-game. Even then, they're under-powered for DPS hence all of the passives going into building the ES, its leech, and regen. They need this.

Now if these new bases had brand new mods with adding damage to attacks, spells, melee, or physical based on ES, then yeah, I'd agree with you. But just for defense in a build that already has a ton of defense? No, it's needed to make up for weak DPS.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Aug 18, 2016, 11:06:34 AM
Power creep is real, there is no denial.

Right now I'm thinking they are just overshooting with their design plans. I'm certain they are preapring for 2017 a5 release with this ****, but they overlook the fact that a big chunk of the playerbase might as well be gone by then.

Seriously GGG, look around. People are going batshit. Fix the power creep, give better incentives to do harder content in the game. Risk and reward is the best policy here.

You can't let people upgrade gorge to t11 or 12 whatever it was, dump item bases like that on people, and expect anything in the game to change. You had a great "sort-of-like-story-arc applied to progression in maps" idea with the atlas of worlds, trying to break the "2-min-same-map-run-all-day routine." It's gonna go to waste because of the power creep.

"
Last edited by Razis on Aug 18, 2016, 11:17:18 AM
Very Nice

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info