Introducing New Base Items

@Razis: People ALWAYS go batshit on these forums and claim that the game will be dead and abandoned by players after this or the next update.

You are right: There ist power creep and it needs fixing and we need more or better incentives to do hard content. But GGG are on it and just because they can´t handle it as fast as you want them to doesn´t mean the game is suddenly shit and everyone is going to abandon it.
"power creep" - almost everyone uses different definition of this term, yet everybody yells "Power creep! Power creep!"

Sucks to be you, lvl 100 farmers doing T9-10 all the way to the top.
It's safe, it's fast. Gonna be faster.

Oneshooting is reallity with almost any build. Bringing down bosses in 1-2 seconds is doable with half of the builds with enough gear.

Yes, this is broken. Mechanicaly speaking there is no challenge in PoE in 99% of the content as dps goes up. Reflect is a joke and 90% of the builds are ignoring reflect, 10% go around it.

But would you like to go to the state where you spent 10s on every white pack? 30s on a blue pack and 1 minute on a boss? I don't think so. Speed running is fun = fact. Increasing average dps for cauals means overkilling dps at top1% of playerbase. Cauals will enjoy the middle of the game more, and HC players will have more content to farm towards the endgame faster.

Adding T16, while adding items that will make chars more powerfull T5-9 is standard. New "hard" farmable boss at Uber Atziri lvl is a new content everybody could enjoy, so why the salt?
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Hate reading those posts from such drivellers and moaners...
"power creep power creep. give us more, make more"
Get out from it. Go and play D3 or whatever.

GGG have made great job. THANKs a lot.

P.S. Take challenges for yourself [Removed by Support]. Play without flasks, in white items, only t15 core. So what would u say about pc then?
ooh. sure. you dont want it. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Alexcc_GGG on Aug 18, 2016, 11:26:22 AM
"
LoloTwingo wrote:
Don't think like others that Crystal Belt is OP.
+/-50 ES gap from chain belt could seem huge, but it's not so much compared to ES values every one want and get on other piece of gear.
In fact i think chain belt is useless on an endgame build (who cares about 9-20 base ES @ level 80+ ??), you'd better use another belt (probably unique).
Chain belt was not, but this crystal belt IS a real alternative to slightly boost ES on an endgame build.

Exactly! There are belts what gives +460 armour or +100 max life. Base ES can be increased by only 3 passive points and the Auxium belt isn't useful for all the high ES builds. It's a lvl 79 endgame item what is a ballanced alternative compared to unique belts.
"
ProjectPT wrote:
"
AdFinitum wrote:

Edit2 : How many deaths does your noob runner have right now - 30+ ? Easy game ...

So you want me to run Bob the Boat Builder into the lab with an Immortal lab build and you expect him to die? You are aware it is not difficult to outregen all the traps and AFK tank all Izaro buffs. Seriously if you promise stop this silly defense of GGG I'll gladly record it (will take me 1 week to organize with him)

So it takes you 1 week to prepare a newbie to be able to survive a single area of the game with the best build for it. After which he would then die to the very next -hard- map ( e.g. Vinktar's square ) he does without another week of preparation ? How long does it take for a new player for the game to become too easy and to actually be able to build his own -viable- builds that can do the hardest content - 1 year, 2 ?

I will admit - we have a clear speed meta and it is disputable if it is good or bad. But I will not agree to unproportional power creep. Many ( most I assume ) players dont even reach the hard part of the game. How many players were able to beat the council this league - how many did Atziri, Core.

Power creep means adding power without reballancing and without adding appropriate content :

We get new items for a slight degree of gear progression past level 80 and we get 5 new Tier 16+ bosses ( let me say it like that : you couldnt beat core Malachai and the new maps might be harder than that - you might want to argue that you didnt have the best build for it, yet you failed where others succeeded despite having almost the best gear possible ). Together with a nerf to the strongest builds in game ( and potentially more that we don't know yet since nerfs aren't usually good as hype posts ).

Your power to abuse a hyped term as an argument for your personal opinions creeps me.

---

Note - I am writing this with tongue in cheek - GGG makes a great game, we express our opinions and they react - so if the majority cries power creep they might get what they want even if it might not be what they need.
When Chuck Norris plays PoE masters do his missions
Last edited by AdFinitum on Aug 18, 2016, 11:39:15 AM
"
@Razis: People ALWAYS go batshit on these forums and claim that the game will be dead and abandoned by players after this or the next update.

true, hard to argue here

"

You are right: There ist power creep and it needs fixing and we need more or better incentives to do hard content.

that's my only point.

"
But GGG are on it and just because they can´t handle it as fast as you want them to doesn´t mean the game is suddenly shit and everyone is going to abandon it.

I never said everyone is gonna abandon it nor that's it's shit game. Don't twist it.

"they can't handle as fast as you want" Power creep was an issue since ascendancy came out and it's been getting worse and worse over time. GGG is obviously ignoring people that keep saying louder and louder with every update that they should stop already. So is GGG "on it"? Doesn't look like they are.

"
LightW2 wrote:
Hate reading those posts from such drivellers and moaners...
"power creep power creep. give us more, make more"
Get out from it. Go and play D3 or whatever.

GGG have made great job. THANKs a lot.

P.S. Take challenges for yourself [Removed by Support]. Play without flasks, in white items, only t15 core. So what would u say about pc then?
ooh. sure. you dont want it. [Removed by Support]

Then we have this guy.

You make literally no sense and then insult people. Please think before you type and ideally familiarize yourself with the subject.

I'll trow you a bone to get you started; people that cry about power creep hate the fact that PoE is going into d3 direction... so why would you tell them to play d3 if that's the exact thing that they DO NOT WANT? Kinda looks like you're the one that should go play d3.

"power creep, power creep, give us more"? What? When you make logical mistakes that are spread apart a bit, it's fine, everyone makes some. But when you type in one thing and then immediately contradict yourself, you show such an immense lack of understanding that it's just pitiful.

You're in no position to call people "pussies" and "idiots" my friend.
Last edited by Razis on Aug 18, 2016, 11:43:06 AM
"
AdFinitum wrote:

So it takes you 1 week to prepare a newbie to be able to survive a single area of the game with the best build for it.

No it's because I don't have lab unlocked in perm leagues (finished with propechy) and Boat is busy and we have to schedual in advance; weird how people have shit to do.

As for core, we all knew core was beatable and I chose not to abuse Vaal Discipline chains to end the fight. I did it to kill myself and when I had an opportunity to abuse powercreep to end the fight we decided to die instead.

Under your logic of defense of powercreep, they could add 1 damage to the first zombie in the game and "they did something so it's not powercreep"

Just stop, i'm done with your baseless points. People like you create such watered down versions of the games people care about
Last edited by ProjectPT on Aug 18, 2016, 11:48:20 AM
"
Razis wrote:
Power creep is real, there is no denial.

Right now I'm thinking they are just overshooting with their design plans. I'm certain they are preapring for 2017 a5 release with this ****, but they overlook the fact that a big chunk of the playerbase might as well be gone by then.

Seriously GGG, look around. People are going batshit. Fix the power creep, give better incentives to do harder content in the game. Risk and reward is the best policy here.

You can't let people upgrade gorge to t11 or 12 whatever it was, dump item bases like that on people, and expect anything in the game to change. You had a great "sort-of-like-story-arc applied to progression in maps" idea with the atlas of worlds, trying to break the "2-min-same-map-run-all-day routine." It's gonna go to waste because of the power creep.

"

What exactly do you want? You are saying that they were going towards breaking the speed-map meta but with more power creep it'll still be easy to speed map? Why is this inherently a problem? Isn't it the goal of any competitive player to be able to play a powerful character and clear content quickly? I see complaints like yours all the time about power creep and I'm never sure exactly what you people are asking, do you just want the game to crawl? For every action to take much longer? Do you want maps to take 20 minutes to clear? I mean what's the alternative...
"
Greymane2k wrote:

What exactly do you want? You are saying that they were going towards breaking the speed-map meta but with more power creep it'll still be easy to speed map? Why is this inherently a problem?

What it means is you will need even less gear etc to get to the point where you are clearing the map at the pace you walk through it. In the current game with a decent knowledge it takes very little time and effort to get to a point where though upgrades for your build may exist they aren't meaningful because they give you stats to do more damage or give more defense to mobs who do not kill you or already die in one hit. This powercreep just continues to make this process happen sooner and taking away the Stat aspect of the ARPG genre pushing it more towards Diablo 3 and what they did to stats. IF your stats don't matter this game turns into a walking simulator and that is the fear the veteran players have. Simply tired of walking through a random tileset of experience globes that we obtain without risk or interest
They look really broken.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info