Introducing New Base Items

Neat items. I'm excited to see what we can craft out of them. Thanks for the sneakpeek
"
UrielGB wrote:
I hope these Two Toned Boots can have Fire/Cold and Cold/Lightning resists too.

ill guess a ev/es boot got cold ligthing

and a arm ev with fire cold
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Bamzyniigata wrote:
"4) do you play your own game? the 'something projectile' on GLOVES? Noone will ever use this base. Gloves == facebreakers and maligaro's."

Another standard player spoke again for us . please stop !

the (33) next to my name. have you missed that on purpose?

Maybe it was to be sarcastic, lol? :)

Anyway, I don't think that 15% increased spell damage or projectile damage is worth resigning from good enchantment (or for lucky, corruption). The same for boots.

So it leaves only belt and amulet from this batch. Shown previously Bone Helmet is nice and well rolled can rival godly enchanted helmet, so sure will be used. The same for new steel ring.

New belt base is questionable, if well rolled will be used but overall nothing impressing.

You can already get a better Summoner Helmet without the Bone Helmet. A Minon DMG enhanted Alphas is better for a Summoner.

The new Gloves are awesome not everyone plays a crit build, my last build IN PHC was a RT Bow Build and he one shot packs.

The Belt i don't know why people cry so much about it? that are 50es more than you can get now from a es belt. This is maybe 400es more?

The boots are awesome to fix ressis on Charas that use a bunch of Uniques, but you could also enchant or vaal the boots and get something nice.

Most of the Items we saw till now are sidegrades!
Very excited for these. Look awesome! Seems like a great opportunity to try out CI as well.
Awsome!

Really cool to see new base items. Those shown are interesting options but most o them are not BIS which is great.

Why are most of them not BIS? --> Enchantments do exist.

The boots are good if you need resists badly but boot enchants are almost always better to get, also it is on a hybrid base which is most likly suboptimal

The crystal belt pure power creep if you don't seek a specific belt corruption for ES builds of all kinds. 50 extra flat ES is a huge boost.

The amulet is my personal favorite. % life regen on an amulet is a cool option we already had in talisman. It is a powerfull implicit on the right build but you have to sacrifice either a corruption or raw stats to utilize it which leads to diversity and interesting new choices - really good design!

The gloves are both weaker than currently existing ones stat wise and the implicit isn't that impactfull but flavourfull - and thats why i like them. Glove enchants are most likly more valueable than the insignificant damage boost.

I am looking forward to see all of the new basetyps - really good idea to implement more variety on rares.
Nobody ever considered that the new items types are an indicator that there will be a ramping-up of the difficulty, plus an overhaul of the passive tree in the expansion?

Why does everyone judge the items based on 2.3? Are you all new to how GGG runs things?
Id love to see everything with hp reg at percentage :P
The amulet is a great start on this path!
.......................... (edited)

"Ta-Ta, not-a-cockroach"
Last edited by cyranorick on Aug 18, 2016, 4:29:06 AM
"
Nobody ever considered that the new items types are an indicator that there will be a ramping-up of the difficulty, plus an overhaul of the passive tree in the expansion?

Why does everyone judge the items based on 2.3? Are you all new to how GGG runs things?

Ahm.. what? Are you new around here?? When has GGG ever made content realistically harder to match the power creep they grant? xD
Also, Chris showed the passive tree on alot of the interviews and it was literally untouched.

Nothing will be changing significantly in terms of difficulty this expansion. This is simply them giving you more tools.

Speaking of which, these more tools aren't better tools. None of these 5 items other than the belt and, in super nieche builds, the amulet, are worth a damn thing, so these won't even make your build stronger. So, making the content harder without giving you better tools would just be a punch in the face for casual players, which is not something GGG wants.
"

The new Gloves are awesome not everyone plays a crit build, my last build IN PHC was a RT Bow Build and he one shot packs.

15% increase is like nothing compared to nice enchantment. You can kill mobs in 10+ maps with decree or commandment of spite and it's more defensive than offensive one.

Anticipation slowly dissipates...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info