[2.6] Explosive Arrow Pathfinder W/Videos -HC Endgame Mapping, Grandmasters, T16 Guardian Guides

"
What's the reason you changed the Ascendency points in your suggestion for Andizlack? There you take Veteran Bowyer instead of Master Surgeon. Do you consider Alchemist to be strong enough alone and want to take more damage with the penetration Bowyer grants? And don't consider "easy Bleed disable" as necessary? For later game with a "bunch of unique flasks" you'll probably need it (?). Just want to understand why you changed the points here.

Another question: with what does the Explosion of EA scale?
- with elemental damage/fire damage, but not elemental weapon damage
- with projectile damage, but not projectile attack damage
- with attack damage (like Bowyer's pre point grants)? Not sure here, guess not
- not with projectile speed, attack speed? Except you shoot arrows faster and therefore bring on damage earlier...
- with AoE damage and increased area of effect
- something else?

I forgot he put the points there, I just slightly modified the tree. I'd still take surgeon since dealing with bleed is annoying when you have so many bleed flasks.

Attack damage doesn't work, I mean if it's in the way to something you need maybe take it, but it doesn't help at all. Projectile speed doesn't really matter since arrows and quill rain have stupid high projectile speeds to begin with so the extra bit of damage works.

Attack speed is to stack to 5 quicker. the only other thing is plain increased damage.
"
Th3LoRD wrote:
For future info, one thing you could add is in what order should you buy your upgrades.

Things you'll need/want:
- 5L Quill Rain
- 6L Body Armor
- Rumi's
- 6L Quill Rain
- Kaom's Heart
- Dying Sun
- +1 arrow quiver
- Dual curse amulet
- Vessel of Vinktar
- Taste of Hate
- 21/20 Explosive Arrow

I am getting them probably in this order, but I'm wondering about your thoughts as well.

+1 I am also curious about gear priority.
Great guide. So far does the work and Im only 58 with some low equipment. Got to ask:
Since the EA doesnt work on arrow damage, it means it does in spell damage then?
"
AloneT wrote:
Great guide. So far does the work and Im only 58 with some low equipment. Got to ask:
Since the EA doesnt work on arrow damage, it means it does in spell damage then?

Per the OP, "The explosion part is what we scale, not the attack part. The explosion is generic fire projectile area damage. It's secondary damage that's not an attack or spell, and will only be scaled by generic damage nodes. That's generally why I chose the damage in this tree."

He picks up projectile/fire/elemental damage nodes in his tree in order to enhance the ability's damage.
"
subiedude8 wrote:
"
AloneT wrote:

Per the OP, "The explosion part is what we scale, not the attack part. The explosion is generic fire projectile area damage. It's secondary damage that's not an attack or spell, and will only be scaled by generic damage nodes. That's generally why I chose the damage in this tree."

He picks up projectile/fire/elemental damage nodes in his tree in order to enhance the ability's damage.

So damage is done this way I guess?
So projectile damage means only regular arrow damage on hit
arrow explosion + % fire + % elemental damage
Thanks for the Guide!
Having a Blast in Legacy so far - lvl 89 now, also got pretty lucky :

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Which tree do we use the one under the 2.6 update? Or the one further down the main post?
"
Which tree do we use the one under the 2.6 update? Or the one further down the main post?

http://poeurl.com/5fY
The league started tree, when you have a legacy kaoms, you can swap to the other tree.
And me again (hope I'm not too bothersome :) with 2 questions:
1. Why not Fire Walker? 13% Dmg/point + with 3 points spent. 36% more damage overall.
2. Are both AoE nodes needed? Or, to ask in another way, how much increased AoE area is worth it? Would a compromise be to take both 20% increased Area damage, i.e. Amplify and Blast Radius, be the best way to go? Also taking 8% ele damage over 8% Area of effect, which is better (near Amplify)? I'm thinking about something like this (only consider the two Area nodes, the rest can more or less be ignored). Like this I would not take 2 8% nodes...

/edit: I saw in another comment you considered Fire Walker, but didn't add it to your tree, that's why I'm curious.
Last edited by olsev_baiden on Mar 7, 2017, 3:52:14 AM
"
Sydafex wrote:
"

http://poeurl.com/5fY
The league started tree, when you have a legacy kaoms, you can swap to the other tree.

I started the 2.6 league starter tree in softcore standard. should I switch to the legacy kaoms tree underneath when I can afford one or switch to the 105points poeurl.com/JfA or tree and ascendancy poeurl.com/IOL in the build list.?

also if I have a 5/6 link socketed chest piece in the meantime do I need 2 quill rains or can I do the single target setup in the chest instead.

thank you for making such a great guide so easy to follow much appreciated.
#StandardLivesMatter
Last edited by theoc86 on Mar 7, 2017, 6:42:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info