[2.6] Explosive Arrow Pathfinder W/Videos -HC Endgame Mapping, Grandmasters, T16 Guardian Guides

"
Andizlack wrote:
Great, thorough guide. Thanks so much for putting it together! I'm 42 right at 24 hours into the league without playing hard at all and everything just came together, my pack clear EA feels great and my single target EA is acceptable.

Quick question, and I'm sorry if you answer this every other day, but what are your feelings on Breath of Flames? I'm considering taking that cluster over one of the flask clusters. Full pathfinder flask skills and Druidic Rite (though I might kill that for more raw damage too if I can find a worthy cluster) seems to be more than enough for perpetually active uber flasks.

Thanks!
Andy

I'm still on the fence with Druidic Rite, but I'd never drop Alchemist.
It's 30% flask effectivness. Someone should do the math on it, but I wouldn't drop that for damage.
For future info, one thing you could add is in what order should you buy your upgrades.

Things you'll need/want:
- 5L Quill Rain
- 6L Body Armor
- Rumi's
- 6L Quill Rain
- Kaom's Heart
- Dying Sun
- +1 arrow quiver
- Dual curse amulet
- Vessel of Vinktar
- Taste of Hate
- 21/20 Explosive Arrow

I am getting them probably in this order, but I'm wondering about your thoughts as well.
Last edited by Th3LoRD on Mar 5, 2017, 12:56:42 PM
Can you make the switch to EA once you acquire a quill rain or do you need more gear? Also, is a 4L quill rain sufficient (5L are quite expensive at this point in time)?
Last edited by subiedude8 on Mar 5, 2017, 11:57:48 AM
4L quill rain has been working just fine for me. I bought and started using mine as soon as I could (level 5) and put on EA as soon at the gem became available. The damage wasn't great, but even if it's not optimal, I prefer leveling with my build's skills. So yeah, in answer to both the bow and gem, it can work early.
OP: I was wondering if you could take a look at the tree I put together. I'm on SC so I'm quite fine /w 196% HP. I'm trying to optimize damage with sub-goals in damage penetration and area of effect so that I could maybe get away without the Increased AoE gem in my clear setup.

www.poeurl.com/75q

The TLDR is
original build:
73% fire damage
10% reduced elemental damage reflected
74% elemental damage
= 147% damage / 0% pen

mine:
10% elemental damage penetration
5% fire damage penetration
116% fire damage
58% elemental damage
= 174% / 15% pen

I'm also opting to not take EE and go with Veteran Bowyer instead btw. The increased charges and damage penetration alone is worth it for me, and I've never been a fan of builds that use EE so I was happy when I heard your suggestion for this alternative in your build video.
"
Andizlack wrote:
OP: I was wondering if you could take a look at the tree I put together. I'm on SC so I'm quite fine /w 196% HP. I'm trying to optimize damage with sub-goals in damage penetration and area of effect so that I could maybe get away without the Increased AoE gem in my clear setup.

www.poeurl.com/75q

The TLDR is
original build:
73% fire damage
10% reduced elemental damage reflected
74% elemental damage
= 147% damage / 0% pen

mine:
10% elemental damage penetration
5% fire damage penetration
116% fire damage
58% elemental damage
= 174% / 15% pen

I'm also opting to not take EE and go with Veteran Bowyer instead btw. The increased charges and damage penetration alone is worth it for me, and I've never been a fan of builds that use EE so I was happy when I heard your suggestion for this alternative in your build video.

Not sure why you hate EE it activates automatically, you don't have to do anything different when you have it. When you stack you you already activate it on them. It's a huge amount you're skipping, that I kinda regret saying that back before I made this build guide.

In order for 10% pen to be better than EE they would have to have overcapped resists past 75 to nullify it. that actually increases the damage on burns unlike regular pen. Your single target will be no where near as good without EE. So in the end you're playing exactly the same but with worse damage.

I don't like going that far for those points on the right, it's a lot of inefficient points, you get 2% pen and 32% ele damage for 5 points, you can get 36% fire damage on fire walker for 3 points and have to points left over. you also grabbed the projectile speed projectile damage route instead of projectile damage when you're already using quill rain.

Also I don't use inc aoe in any set up, that's just a thing I add on a 6link when I got nothing better to put for general clear.

www.poeurl.com/76s if you really don't care that much about life this work probably. projectile damage double dips, so it's as good as ele damage. if you want to keep the ranger life you can put the points into a jewel slot.

In other news, that new flask the wise oak is interesting, you can get 30% pen 15% ele reduction(so reflect) if you equalize all your res. Can't use it with taste of hate or vinktar though, they screw all that up. it would go in the flask spot that I rotate with vinktar dying sun if for whatever reason I didn't want to use those and had the resists lined up. I would consider it for shaper if I ran him because you don't have to worry about reflect and you can up cold damage reduction against him. Could be a good flask to keep on hand if you know what situation you're going into
Last edited by dingis on Mar 5, 2017, 2:41:59 PM
Thanks for your thoughts
well currently i'm 44lvl only at legacy. After taking BM i swapped to EA (4l EA+Fire Pen + Gret Proj + Less dur) Is it ok?
And can u add some info about jewels and usefull uniques while leveling (curretly lvl with Silverbough Crude Bow) Thanks y
"
thekaoser wrote:
well currently i'm 44lvl only at legacy. After taking BM i swapped to EA (4l EA+Fire Pen + Gret Proj + Less dur) Is it ok?
And can u add some info about jewels and usefull uniques while leveling (curretly lvl with Silverbough Crude Bow) Thanks y

there aren't any uniques you need early on, at this point in the league ngamahu tiki is too expensive as a league starting leveling item. Usually I wait till I have both Elemental equilibrium and blood magic to switch. That set up will work for aoe you also need EA fire pen chance to ignite conc effect for single target. Get a quill rain.

Actually Try getting the wise oak flask and make sure your fire res is higher than anything else, 20% extra pen might be really helpful early on. it costs 1c and it might cap out your res if you're just shy of it.

jewels are something I don't worry about till endgame, leveling is spent traveling the tree.
What's the reason you changed the Ascendency points in your suggestion for Andizlack? There you take Veteran Bowyer instead of Master Surgeon. Do you consider Alchemist to be strong enough alone and want to take more damage with the penetration Bowyer grants? And don't consider "easy Bleed disable" as necessary? For later game with a "bunch of unique flasks" you'll probably need it (?). Just want to understand why you changed the points here.

Another question: with what does the Explosion of EA scale?
- with elemental damage/fire damage, but not elemental weapon damage
- with projectile damage, but not projectile attack damage
- with attack damage (like Bowyer's pre point grants)? Not sure here, guess not
- not with projectile speed, attack speed? Except you shoot arrows faster and therefore bring on damage earlier...
- with AoE damage and increased area of effect
- something else?
Last edited by olsev_baiden on Mar 6, 2017, 9:11:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info