[2.6] Explosive Arrow Pathfinder W/Videos -HC Endgame Mapping, Grandmasters, T16 Guardian Guides

Hey!

Thanks for the great build and guide! That's my first time playing EA and I like it a lot.

Currently having a bit of a dilemma... should I go for Vaal Pact.. I fear that I will one shot myself offscreen :D

Will probably go for rumi next and then 5 Link bows... Here is my gear at the moment (75 lvl)

No uniques flasks yet...

Recommendations are kindly accepted :)

GL all

Edit: Just offscreened myself to reflect with ruby up :D
Last edited by MaSterX_BG on Dec 27, 2016, 5:08:40 AM
With 4links? Do you all just shoot 5 arrows all the time? Only a couple of shots usually does it for packs.
Honestly I'm not 100% sure what killed me... I assume it has to be reflect as there were no monsters around me.

I have just killed a large pack and the shots that I fired just before the explosion that killed the pack went ahead. Then just boom 5.5k to 0. I think max 3 stacks.

I alch and go maps and always check for reflect mod. Guess it is not impossible that I missed one. That happened first 2-3 packs of the map.

Loving the build so far, its very strong with little investment. Managed to do Deathless Core for the first time i tried. Haven't touched any guardians or shaper yet.

Here is my gear:

Spoiler

I am having dilemma wether to use essence worm ring with arctic armor or change it to a rare ring and use something different like devoto's or use another aura. My life is around 7.1k with no %life mod on my jewels, i don't understand how people get above 9k health is it because of jewels and level or am i missing something?

For my glove i was thinking of crafting attack speed on it until i realized that its good to have some accurcy on gear. Is it important to have or should i just craft attack speed on my glove if not i need to sell mine and buy another with 300~ accuracy and forget about attack speed.

I can't currently afford/find good opal rings at the moment other than that what would you advice for gear improvement? Also i am not %100 sure about how optimal my gem setup is. I currently have no room for chance to ignite or life leech gem.

I searched around a little bit but isn't there a really calculator about explosive arrow damage? I am curious how much damage it can do and might help improve my gear.

Thanks in advance.

P.S: Character Name Therferon_EA
IGN: LadyAlistra
@Oxygenjunkie: You can also roll accuracy on helmets. They are often rather cheap to come by as well. That would leave you with the option to roll attack speed on your gloves. Or do it the other way around and get Devotos + accuracy gloves.

As for the hp pool it is a combination of everything: level, good jewels, better rolls maybe than you have on a few pieces of gear. Especially a belt can easily provide 120 HP.

Other improvements than what you already mentioned would probably be the big ones: 6 linked bow and Dying Sun flask. Both really give your dps a nice boost.

I respecced my league starter into this build after my own build didn't work out as planned and I am loving it. Guardians down, Shaper is next when I get home tonight! ;)

My gear:

Spoiler

Gloves could use an upgrade (attack speed for me as well) and I would rather wear a full armor helmet, but am too cheap to roll 3 blue + 1 green on apure strength item ;)

I feel like there isn't really anything scaring me too much in the game with this build. I am playing softcore though, but I think only time I died the last 10 levels or so was on -max res map with my flasks wearing off in the exact moment I shot into an ele reflect mob off screen.

But yeah, loving every bit of it. Thanks for the awesome guide Dingis!

Edit: Oh yeah if some of the gem set ups in the 4 links look weird it is probably because I am leveling something in there.
Last edited by Burgingham on Dec 28, 2016, 10:59:11 AM
Hi guys, I would love to make a character using that.

My problem is I havn't played POE for years and I'm kinda out of sync, my aim first of all is to lvl up fast, what would you recommend doing to get to high lvl fast so I'm able to start using this build?

Thanks alot - appreciate it, if someone could assist me (only by chatting and maybe guide me through it, ill be thankful, write down your steam).

cheers.
First time playing EA and I can say it's one of the best builds I've played in this game. Insane dmg and sitting at 9k1 hp ( one jewel without life ). I did deathless shaper, chayula ( 1 death, low chaos res + little info about the fight ) and guardians. Only uber atziri is left ( didn't try it yet ).

My gear:

Spoiler

Hi guys, what is the best gem setup for this build, sigle vs. multiple target? Saw different combinations and i'm kinda confused. I mention i got a lvl 4 empower from other build left, what's the best setup to be used? Thx alot!
Just a Quick vouch for this build. Completed 36/40 today. Really strong build, did deathless core, minotaur guardian, lots of atiziri, rushing uber lab etc. Twinned t15 colloseum/abyss etc all easy. Done all breachlords too, pretty easy. Even chayula.

Clears super fast, i use 6l for pack clear and almost only use the single target setup for map bosses since the dmg is soo crazy high anyway. Even tanky rares will die from the ignite from aoe setup.
Only thing i do different from this build is i dont use vinktars, i just use a vaal lightning trap for bosses since the dmg from shock isnt needed anyway and i prefer having onslaught flask.

Only thing i'm left to try on this build is Shaper and Uber atziri, maybe i will try some time but i dont have the balls yet

Here's my gear, lvl 91 (almost 92) in the BHC league.
Far from optimized really, bought most gear around lvl 68 and then i 6 linked my Quill Rain around lvl 90.
Spoiler
Nice it looks like a lot of you are enjoying the build.

That said, uber atziri is not really friendly to this build because of the ignite immunity, it was somewhat more doable with frost wall but that's no longer the case. If you are good at dodging uber atziri for a long time, you maybe able to do it, but otherwise it's pretty hard and not really meant for this build. Though I did only try before we had all this available power we have now. Getting to uber atziri was not really the problem, but her fight itself was annoying.

Though I guess trying to avoid atziri might be easier now that you don't need to waste time with frost wall. still though, shaper is more doable than uber atziri on this build. If anyone manages to do it let me know.

"
JoopO wrote:
Hi guys, what is the best gem setup for this build, sigle vs. multiple target? Saw different combinations and i'm kinda confused. I mention i got a lvl 4 empower from other build left, what's the best setup to be used? Thx alot!

Single target is EA - Chance to ignite - conc effect - fire pen - empower 4 since you have it - less duration/slower proj.

AOE is EA - fire pen - gmp - less duration (think it feels the nicest for clearing). The last 2 gems are any combination of slower proj empower 4 life leech inc aoe chance to ignite. Past 5 link is not hugely important, 5 link of damage for aoe feels pretty good for breaches, but it's not necessary to get 2 6links. You don't need to get 2 empower 4s.

Last edited by dingis on Dec 28, 2016, 4:54:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info