[2.6] Explosive Arrow Pathfinder W/Videos -HC Endgame Mapping, Grandmasters, T16 Guardian Guides

You have 5% to shock from tree and 20% from pathfinder. Is it really worth it to waste flask slot on pathfinder on flask with only 1 use to get that 100% to shock from 25%(and you need to be close to boss/mobs)?
what skills to level with?
"
Gambler92 wrote:
Why do you cap your Chaos Resistance so high?
With all my other builds I played I only capped the other three resistance.

Would be great if you could help me with this question.

Also with which gems you have started leveling and can you recomment any uniques items for leveling?

Gambler92

Since I don't use a lot of uniques in my set up, I just get chaos res on most of my pieces. Since EA doesn't rely on damage from gear, all you need is life and res gear. Realize this though, no one needs 59% chaos res really.

As far as vinktar's, it's not necessary, the reason I put vinktars is for the high end bosses, it allows me to bascially tank their damage and kill them with in the flask time. But I switch out this flask over everything else. this is your put whatever flask you want in here. I regularly switched this out for any resistance flask if the map had added damage or had particular damage from a boss. Vinktars is just a way for me to kill highest end bosses quicker. As far as getting close, decoy totem is amazing.

Any resist flask, silver flask, another life flask, basalt if you have taste of hate. whatever you like

Taste of hate is also not necessary, but it saves me putting a saphire flask on for added cold maps and I got it because I wasn't sure how hard map daresso would be and I was going to do twin version of him. Basalt flask does around the same phys reduction

"
You have 5% to shock from tree and 20% from pathfinder. Is it really worth it to waste flask slot on pathfinder on flask with only 1 use to get that 100% to shock from 25%(and you need to be close to boss/mobs)?

The regular chance to shock can only be activated by lightning damage, this isn't like conflux where it allows you to shock with all damage. So that 25% is 0 for us.
Last edited by dingis on Sep 2, 2016, 8:38:42 AM
for leveling to 38, whatever bow skills you like, I think I used shrapenel shot till I got blast rain. split arrow is fine too. Not sure if any of the projectile spells are good for this after the buff, they could be.

With Essence crafting a bow should be easier this time around.

As far as a league starter goes, I will say this is good to start the league with. That said I started EA a couple leagues now so I'm used to it, not sure how it feels if you've never played EA before. It will struggle with groups in damage against bosses.
I have to say I'm running into some issues with Normal Malachai. Started a test character for the build and got myself a 3 link Quill Rain and a Rearguard, and when I got to 38 I made the switch to EA. It works great for regular clearing, but it takes absolute ages to kill Malachai.

I'm using EA / Fire Pen / Chance to Ignite and spamming EA as much as possible whenever he decides to target my Golem, shooting arrows here and there otherwise while avoiding his mechanics but it takes entirely too long to get him down, am I doing something wrong? Was it a mistake to make the switch to EA this early?
This is awesome, dingis, so many things I've never tried all consolidated in one build: Explosive Arrow, Pathfinder and time to learn flask management (+ finally maybe be able to farm top level maps).

I'm going with it in Atlas, so this is basically like a whole new game to me :)

Curious if you're able to actually kill all content with it, including the Champions (what's their name, the T16 map bosses) and the Shaper. But seeing that you did Uber Atziri with it, the answer is probably yes.

If you can, please update this thread as you progress, if that's your thing, would be very interesting to share experiences.

Thanks mate!

EDIT: I'll be on Softcore, though :)

EDIT2: Is EA affected by Accuracy?
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
Last edited by Jadran on Sep 2, 2016, 9:45:26 AM
"
I have to say I'm running into some issues with Normal Malachai. Started a test character for the build and got myself a 3 link Quill Rain and a Rearguard, and when I got to 38 I made the switch to EA. It works great for regular clearing, but it takes absolute ages to kill Malachai.

I'm using EA / Fire Pen / Chance to Ignite and spamming EA as much as possible whenever he decides to target my Golem, shooting arrows here and there otherwise while avoiding his mechanics but it takes entirely too long to get him down, am I doing something wrong? Was it a mistake to make the switch to EA this early?

Hmm, a 4 link with conc effect might make it easier for you, Thing is I got to cruel before 38 so I didn't end up doing normal malachi as EA. Use decoy totem, or wait for him to do the tentacle attack and hit him from the side. Your chance to ignite and burn damage might not be that high without cursing and EE so you might put another damage mod in there instead of chance to ignite early on, less duration/ele focus/slower projectiles. if no access to a 4link then use conc effect instead of ignite.

You could wait out a bit until you have 4links to switch though.

"
This is awesome, dingis, so many things I've never tried all consolidated in one build: Explosive Arrow, Pathfinder and time to learn flask management (+ finally maybe be able to farm top level maps).

I'm going with it in Atlas, so this is basically like a whole new game to me :)

Curious if you're able to actually kill all content with it, including the Champions (what's their name, the T16 map bosses) and the Shaper. But seeing that you did Uber Atziri with it, the answer is probably yes.

If you can, please update this thread as you progress, if that's your thing, would be very interesting to share experiences.

Thanks mate!

EDIT: I'll be on Softcore, though :)

EDIT2: Is EA affected by Accuracy?

Well that depends on what the guardians and shaper have, if they have any immunity to burn and all that. I'll try eventually. I'm playing in hardcore so there might be a mechanic that makes this fight a no go for the build

Uber is rough on this build, and had to rely on frost wall because she can't be ignited, I only tried it in standard and was very bad at it. frost wall is gone now. If you're experienced with the fight you might have a better time with it than I would but I wouldn't try it on hardcore.

EA is affected by accuracy, a lot of people go Resolute Technique for it, but I went Elemental Overload instead to save points.
Last edited by dingis on Sep 2, 2016, 10:04:43 AM
So, slight little update, but this ring is now a thing...
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Opal_Ring

So uh yeah when I figure out where it drops might go hunting.

Also on of the corrupted essences puts 100% chance to ignite on a helmet, this is not as useful later one when the build gets 100% already and you're using 6links but it's considerable.

And for all of you scared of reflect, even though it's not that scary on a single rare, there is a corrupted essence with reflect reduction on rings and quivers(we use rearguard though)
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_essences

On the other hand, the helmet essences might actually make people more inclined to run kaoms and might raise their prices a bit. keep an eye out on that.
Last edited by dingis on Sep 2, 2016, 11:11:05 AM
You don't switch to EA without quill rain right? I think last league first day they were like 15c and i've never leveled ranger before, is it viable to use rain of arrows/tornado shot/LA and upgrade bows with rustic sash recipe and get to merciless without it taking 10 hours? I could take more physical bow nodes near ranger start and respec but not sure it might be mega terrible?
high ilvl quill rains cost a lot at the beginning, low ilvl now that we can search for them are much cheaper. You can use jeweller's touch or tabula if you find one. Or you can wait on blood magic and just grab more bow damage.

Yeah don't switch without quill rain, or a good +1 bow level fast attack bow.

I used Elemental bow damage since all my damage was projectile damage so phys or elemental is fine, look at the essences you're getting now though, there's phys and elemental essences to craft a bow, this will likely make this much better.

You're best single target I feel is blast rain with wed conc effect added lightening damage.
Last edited by dingis on Sep 2, 2016, 11:23:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info