Favorite Meme?

"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
Have we decided as a society that meme just means 'picture with a funny caption' now, because it used to have a different meaning.
Usually, the pictures with funny captions are themselves memetic. So I generally don't take issue.

However:
* Spurdo is a meme. If you post multiple Spurdo images but no other memetic content, you are not posting memes; you are posting a meme. This means you need multiple different base images (or memes which aren't captioned images) within a group for said group to deserve the qualifier "dank memes." Furthermore, "dank memes" should refer to the best base images, not to the best captions.
* An online Meme Generator almost never generates memes. Technically, it can; you can upload new base images. But generally users generate new images of preexisting memes.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Aug 18, 2016, 4:38:09 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:03:49 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
^I didn't mean that an image with a caption can't contain a meme, but it seems like the definition has gotten a lot more general to include all funny images with captions. Most people that don't spend a lot of time on internet forums probably have no idea what we're talking about here.

just facebook normies thinking that image macros are the shit even though they haven't been funny in over 4 years
✓©ⓔ®†ⓘⓕⓘⓔd ⓜ☺ⓡ☺n™✓
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
Most people that don't spend a lot of time on internet forums probably have no idea what we're talking about here.

That's because sociology and cultural anthropology are lame af.

Edit: Curse you Kreepo, you've foiled my juxtaposition and now I have to edit and quote.

Last edited by innervation on Aug 18, 2016, 5:35:10 PM
Anarcho primitivism is the new shit.

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Anarcho primitivism is the new shit.

recently started seeing that excellent meme on the deprived chinese basket weaving forum that is /pol/
✓©ⓔ®†ⓘⓕⓘⓔd ⓜ☺ⓡ☺n™✓
Best meme of all time? http://tinyurl.com/2fcpre6
"
Krappakreepo wrote:
just facebook normies thinking that image macros are the shit even though they haven't been funny in over 4 years

A meme stops being funny when you see a normie use it tbh, then it becomes cringeworthy

"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
My favorite meme right now are the 20c price checks on Prophecy hardcore global chat.

lol it's still going on hc? we started this shit back in invasion (or was it beyond?)

"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Jaille wrote:
Spurdo

Cute stereotypical badger :^)

There is a sure way to die.

Билды - это листья на дереве Path of Exile. C каждым патчем одни опадают, и каждую лигу вырастают другие.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:04:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info