Vault Map Reveal

"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Sometimes I long back to the days where people rejoiced where they could explore mega dungeons in a game like Might and Magic 6: The Mandate of Heaven (one of the first 3D games btw): Castle Darkmoor, Kriegspire, Alamos, the Tomb of Varn, ...

+100,000,000,000

You guys attitude towards the whole "clearspeed-meta" will basically kill all diversity and reduce the endgame from 100 maps (now) to just 1 straight-line, featureless and extremely boring map (basically an Endless Ledge with max mob density). No thanks!

You guys have your clearspeed maps. But we aren't all you. We don't all play for the same reasons you do. And hence we don't all play as you guys do. Leave us with our maps and you're free to stick with yours.

So stop imagining you represent the entire playerbase, quit complaining and let us have our fun.

40% More +1's

I agree 110% with the things stated above. But of course I like high density clearing maps too, I use them when I'm mindlessly levelling. The Atlas will cater to both crowds. To those who want to play in the most efficient way possible, min-maxing everything in order to get the most loot, the most exp/hour and feel the need to tell everyone: 'If you can't kill this/clear this in a second your build is shit.' and those who like to tone it down and take a slower pace. If it's just about the clear speed the new layout and tileset in a high density map will be refreshing for a while and then it'll fade and you'll just be farming another Gorge/ledge endlessly. But you'll have the opportunity to add five levels to that map you're clearing so your exp/hour get better while doing the same map over and over again. And that's great!

Then there are guys like me who actually enjoy the Lab and the change of pace. (I did 5 min Merc lab on runs Perandus so you'll know I also like to be efficient even though I dislike the clear speed meta) Traps, locks, secrets keep things fresh for me. I don't hunt for them, I like to bump into them. And to me just adding new ways to die is a lot. There needs to be a lot of stuff to watch out for. Like traps with shocked ground on them while needing to dodge a barrage of Frostbolts. Something to slow slow me down so I need to find a way of not losing exp instead of lamely 'not getting exp fast enough.'
--------------------------------------
Dudes need their beauty sleep too
--------------------------------------
It's easy to notice that the same 3-4 users are the one's bitching and whining about traps and labyrinth themed puzzles getting implemented in to the game. It just seems like there are more of them due to everyone being anonymous screen names so pay attention and you'll see.
"
Sacred wrote:
"
Jerle wrote:
Reminds me of lab...

Yes. And that's not a good thing :/

I think we have enough traps, switches and puzzles now.

Not really. A few maps that have traps inside them would be great.
Hahahaha. I love it, monsters made out of gold!
Who needs gold?
I am also all for diversity in maps! All kinds (and then some) are needed. Streamlined for those that just want to do fast maps, and more complicated/larger/mystery for those that like that.

I agree with those here that point out some here only think about loot/minute and straight line clear speed maps. This is a cancer in today's games, its all about speed speed speed and getting to 'end game' in 5 hours skipping 80% of the content on the way there, which is a joke and has to be depressing for those making these games.
This looks so terrible, why would you ever add lab stuff outside of lab?? Please reconsider before its too late. Like lab itself isn't reason for most people to quit since its broken already xD. This is just gonna be another map that nobody will play.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"
RichHeart wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Sometimes I long back to the days where people rejoiced where they could explore mega dungeons in a game like Might and Magic 6: The Mandate of Heaven (one of the first 3D games btw): Castle Darkmoor, Kriegspire, Alamos, the Tomb of Varn, ...

+100,000,000,000

You guys attitude towards the whole "clearspeed-meta" will basically kill all diversity and reduce the endgame from 100 maps (now) to just 1 straight-line, featureless and extremely boring map (basically an Endless Ledge with max mob density). No thanks!

You guys have your clearspeed maps. But we aren't all you. We don't all play for the same reasons you do. And hence we don't all play as you guys do. Leave us with our maps and you're free to stick with yours.

So stop imagining you represent the entire playerbase, quit complaining and let us have our fun.

40% More +1's

I agree 110% with the things stated above. But of course I like high density clearing maps too, I use them when I'm mindlessly levelling. The Atlas will cater to both crowds. To those who want to play in the most efficient way possible, min-maxing everything in order to get the most loot, the most exp/hour and feel the need to tell everyone: 'If you can't kill this/clear this in a second your build is shit.' and those who like to tone it down and take a slower pace. If it's just about the clear speed the new layout and tileset in a high density map will be refreshing for a while and then it'll fade and you'll just be farming another Gorge/ledge endlessly. But you'll have the opportunity to add five levels to that map you're clearing so your exp/hour get better while doing the same map over and over again. And that's great!

Then there are guys like me who actually enjoy the Lab and the change of pace. (I did 5 min Merc lab on runs Perandus so you'll know I also like to be efficient even though I dislike the clear speed meta) Traps, locks, secrets keep things fresh for me. I don't hunt for them, I like to bump into them. And to me just adding new ways to die is a lot. There needs to be a lot of stuff to watch out for. Like traps with shocked ground on them while needing to dodge a barrage of Frostbolts. Something to slow slow me down so I need to find a way of not losing exp instead of lamely 'not getting exp fast enough.'

130% Increased +1's

Vault looks amazing. I'm actually really happy about this map looking like its anti-clear speed. My favorite part of this game is the look and feel of it. The part of AOW that i'm looking forward to most is all the New maps and tilesets i can wander around and admire how beautiful they are like Cthulhu in the trailer (Can't wait for a snow tileset one day). If you want clear speed to rush to 100 go do your gorges and your shores, if you don't like the area just do it the few times you need to and don't do it again just like lab(lab does have a few things that could be changed though imo but im still gonna do it over and over). GGG has spent hours after hours making this content for us and people complain that they can't rush through it in a minute. Loving all the new stuff GGG keep it up!
So, I dont like the look of this, and I like that.

It looks like low mob density, it looks like it has traps or levers, and it looks maze/lab'ish.

So, no I dont like this. BUT - I like it because I dont like it!

A singular map is ENTIRELY optional. THE LAB is not. GGG may say it is, but for people who want to be engaged in end game content, Ascendancy points are a must.

If people enjoy this sort of game play, having it in a map is exactly the way to do it.

So, Kudos on this map that I will likely avoid. I hope that by making maps like this, Mayyyyybe you are listening to our complaints about lab, and will make it more mass appeal friendly, and transition your hard design work on it, into things like this.
I like this Gold Style. Keep up the good work GGG.

I love your all^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info