{{{ 3-Minute Full Atziri Runs }}} ~ Raise Specter Summoner W/ x6 Specters & x11 Zombies

this is the first time i'm playing a summoner. i'm lv 34 and have no idea what nodes to grab first. i'm going semi life/es nodes and some spell dmg nodes for my firestorm. can someone please share a 40points 60points 80 points trees ? or you can message me.

would be really preciated. thanks
Yes i have the same problem. Need info what nodes take first.

Normally when I level a new summoner I go as a spell caster and pick whatever spell is strong for that league.

Something like this as starter nodes.
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMAAN-wghCPpkSrVa4snBEtfIPr7qcI2CRWSA==

After that I try to flesh out the rest of the build afterwards and respec when I hit late merc.

Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon
Here's what you do as a Witch start:

Don't level as a summoner or you will cry. Start with a Freezing Pulse/Fire Trap combo -> Firestorm -> Bladefall setup, and then once you get to a higher level then you make the switch to Summoner.

For nodes, start with spell damage up to Occultist's Dominion node. That's all you need. The rest of the points can be put towards the minion nodes (whatever this guide has). By the time you hit Merciless you'll have more than enough reset points to get rid of those spell damage nodes and put them elsewhere.

Grab Freezing Pulse and Fire Trap gem. Use this until level 12 when you can use Firestorm. Buy 2x Abberath's Goat Horn unique and use Firestorm in it. Later when you can, equip Faster Casting and Concentrated Effect with the Firestorm (3L). Also use Herald of Thunder.

After when you get to level 24, grab 1x Reverberation Rod and put your 3L Firestorm setup in it. So your weapons will be 1x Reverberation Rod and 1x Abberath. Use Flame Dash + Faster Casting to help move over spaces.

At level 28, switch to Bladefall, but keep your Faster Casting and Concentrated Effect setup. This means you need to chrome your wand to hit GBB which is pretty easy. At this point dump Herald of Thunder and instead grab Hatred and Herald of Ash.

This is important, grab 2x Elreon rings. If you can't afford -8, then -7 works as well.

After that at level 36, if you want, grab a Amplification Rod.

All this (items and gems) will cost you about 5 chaos or less in a new league (not including Amplification). I know this because I just did it over the last 2 days on the new Essence league. And things will get cheaper as the league goes on.

If you follow this setup, this will easily carry you to Merciless. Grab a few life/ES nodes and other cheap uniques to help your survivability, because in terms of damage you'll be killing things super fast. By then you can switch to this build once you get to a high enough level.

For flasks, use 1 or 2 Quicksilvers, 1 life flask, and 1 mana flask. The last flask can be something like a Granite to help boost your defense.

Play smart and play safe. Don't facetank a group of porcupines or a Dominus Touch of God. Kite, cast, level up, easy.

Good luck leveling folks, hope this helps.
Last edited by Mistletoes on Sep 5, 2016, 4:08:30 PM
"
Mistletoes wrote:
Here's what you do as a Witch start:

Don't level as a summoner or you will cry. Start with a Freezing Pulse/Fire Trap combo -> Firestorm -> Bladefall setup, and then once you get to a higher level then you make the switch to Summoner.

Yea Act three Merc. is the best time to switch to Summoner, so you can get your flame Sentinel's. This is really good info for those starting out.
I just hit to solaris temple cruel when i was lv 49 with only first 5-6 spell damage node + Elementel overload. it was quite pain in the ass because i was getting 2-3hits to be dead and not enough dmg i was dealing. i just respect to summoner get my 3 sentinels and i'm lv58 now. just waiting to hit 59 so i can grab vis mortis but i have no currency to make it 4-5l. right now i'm using a trash 4l. i'm doing quite allright actually with 9zombies+3sentinels.

now i have a different questions :D

what ascendancy points to take first in order ?

and there is no minion life + minion dmg jewels on poetrade right now so i'm focusing only minion life. i had some problems about dying sentinels.

but anyway i never guessed a summoner build would be so much fun. i'll probably play it till 90 or something that is a fun build.

my last question is i grabbed all the minions nodes right now.

shall i go to aura nodes or jewels first ?

thanks for the leveling tips by the way. i already hit cruel solaris temple with pain ^^
This build looks very fun and I look forward to play it once I get back home. Haven't played summoner for a long while.

The leveling advice of Mistletoes is very good. But there might be players (like me) who do not have (or want) to spend Chaos Orbs while lvling in a fresh league. Personally, I'd rather use those 5c to buy gear once I get my build going, like 15% move speed Bones of Ullr, a good +2 minion ES helmet or a cheap 5L ES chest.

My approach: level using dual flame totem, which is perfectly viable self-found and very safe.

Basic dual flame totem set-up (lvl 38) :
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDABVQHRSD21XGOlh8gyyc6-5aKyoTo_JY5a4Sg_NEoY9GNsXYJIdlBAcfAhBY7Ip9GGvbCPTAVKcIakNMs0uuGyXZW-kC37DUr9-KMtFFR20Z-tJmnsBmXl3R_aeU

Notes:
- get Flame Totem gem from vendor after Breaking Some Eggs Quest for 1 Wisdom Scroll
- use 2 wands or sceptres, look for high spell damage implicits (up to 40% now I believe)
- 1 wand should be a +1 Fire Gems and a 3L with (eventually) Flame Totem, Faster Casting, Fire Pen / Ele Focus. !! Use vendor recipe to get +1 to Fire gems !!
- Other wand should be a rare with mods like spell / fire dmg, cast speed, crit chance for spells. Actively look to replace this wand while lvling. However, do not waste Alchemy Orbs.
- Support skills Anger aura (need to buy or trade) and Flammability curse
- Note the STR requirement on all 3 main skills. Wear a Heavy Belt and / or Amber amulet
- First get the Heart and Soul & Cruel Preparation passives. Then aim for totem passives & Ancestral Bond. I usually take AB just before the Normal Dominus Boss fight at the latest.
- Flasks: 2x life, 2x Quicksilver, 1 mana

With the basic dual Flame Totem tree set-up I will start getting the minion nodes, focussing on the left side of the tree. I will switch to summoner in Act 3 Merciless once I can get Flame Sentinels. I guess you are around lvl 60 at that time. My tree would look something like this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDABVQpysdFGqs0_takah9gsco-oPbVcY6WHyDDXwsnEQETbkQl8y86-5aKyoTo_JY5a4Sg_NEoeq6j0Y2xdgkh2UEBx8CEFi0DJuh-oDZCyqYV8nsin0Ya9sI9MBU99enCGpDvorK0xFQNblMs0uuGyXZW-kC37DUr9-KpqyQM4hAuJMc3DLRRUeTJ20Z-tJmnsBmXl3R_aeU

You can have up to 22 free respec points at that time to spec out of the totem nodes. Tree after respec:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDABVQpysdFGqs0_takah9Har-SeGIgsco-oPbVcY6WA18RARNuRCXzLzr7uq6j0aYrQQHtAxGcWwLm6H6gNkLKphXyfIeyT2_l-yKfRhr2wj0wFT316cI7-vQH4MJakMi9L6KytOhLxFQNblMs0uuGyXZW-kC1K_fiqaskDOIQLiTHNyPGjLRVdaApGTnFy9FR5MnbRn60mae

Notes:
- At this point I am still going for a hybrid life/ ES build. I expect to spec out of life around lvl 80-90 once I have enough currency to buy the Midnight Bargains, good ES gear and get my chaos resistance maxed.

Hope this helps!
Where can i find lvl higher Flame Sentinal than act 3 merc? first time playing as summoner.
edited
Last edited by thedoldivic on Sep 6, 2016, 1:41:22 PM
"
Ciulka wrote:
Where can i find lvl higher Flame Sentinal than act 3 merc? first time playing as summoner.

Eternal Laboratory is this highest you can get with out being in a map. If you are running maps and see them, grab those :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info