EDIT: Melee will go extinct before even getting to final 5 Atlas bosses

Its simple on paper,force ranges to kite,which means increase monster health and damage and increase melee tankiness/damage. Though we will need bigger boss arenas so they can actually kite and avoid mechanics (same for melee if needed) and reduce the cluster of things that happen, so we don't have another Malachai with small arena,mines,bombs,more bombs,red aoe,more red aoe,and all of this with red color on a red floor.

But this is pretty global change,which i don't see coming with anything less than a full act exapnsion.
They can at least incrementally go towards some kind of balance tho.

I am curious what are these melee changes Bex mentioned, but I hope it's not another change that casters with daggers will be able to abuse or melee projectile builds for that matter.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Dunno what they will be,but im pretty sure EQ will be nerfed.
"
Kasapnica wrote:

That's not a fix. EQ is the only viable melee skill atm.

Didn't they mention a new claw skill?
"
"
Kasapnica wrote:

That's not a fix. EQ is the only viable melee skill atm.

You took this out of context,i didn't say anything about fix,and i certainly don't want it nerfed.

"
Lol Melee has been fucking GARBAGE for a long ass time and I highly doubt melee will be fixed in the future or any time soon.

Like it can be 2019 when PoE II comes out and Melee will still be shit.

Dogshit.

Still posting more then playing i see. is melee was always trash it would not have gotten nerfs all around the board affecting melee skills, melee is a different play-style you are just unable to play, clueless to its power.

Yes melee is harder, but not because its damage is not good, because facetanking is sketch as fuck and tons of things that kill in poe are melee range. you can get hundreds of thousands of dps with spells/projectile attacks/melee attacks, its all about how you balance that and getting enough layers of deffence, been playing melee in hc since beta, its far from dead...hope you are not seriously this lost on forums, maybe make a character first :)
lacerate is fucking great aoe and single, and its melee scrub safe :).

proof: Look at laders....a fucking metric ton of high level melee characters.
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
"

Not that I heard of anything, no. I only know about two new channeling skills.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:33:04 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
Sawm wrote:

proof: Look at laders....a fucking metric ton of high level melee characters.

It only counts as melee if the build sucks, haven't you heard?

Don't worry too much about that condition, if it's really a melee range attacker it will suck just fine.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I played a melee in Prof and thought I was doing alright speed wise(joined league late) but then I rolled a just for fun scion mage build and its just blowing through standard at a crazy pace, the rate at which spells increase in damage seems to be much greater than melee skills. Perhaps it has something to do with the available support skills O-o?
Closed Beta Since 0.9.8
"Show me a game where it looks good please : P not real life. Alot of things don't transfer well from real life to games. Mainly spell effects seeing as they dont exist in real life." - Russell

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info