We're Proud to Announce Our Upcoming Expansion: Atlas of Worlds!

"
cesmode wrote:
So im not sure what to think because I still dont understand what the Atlas is. Could anyone give a run down?

The atlas is a map for your maps. It installs a progression into mapping (which hadn't existed previously) so that it isn't as random, it also gives a few interesting things like the new currencies. The shaper's orb when placed on a map in the atlas allows you to get a +5 tier variant of that map, the cartographers sextant grants a random affect to the maps within its radius. At the center of the atlas, lies the new end game encounter, the Shaper, which has 4 entry points, which are the tier 16 maps, which house the guardians you need to defeat to face the Shaper.

As a final bonus, for filling out the Atlas you gain 1% higher map drop rate per map completed. So if you fill out your entire Atlas you have 100% increased chance to obtain maps.
"
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.. Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in >,<.

I... Ha-ha-have.. t-t-t-to.. Do-Do-Don-Donate.. AAARGGHHHH MY MONEY!!!?

Ascendancy, now this. POE will be the best MMORPG if they go on like this.

GGG, good job. This exceeds my expectations, again.

PS: Where are my supporter Titles? :o

Hiya,

I have sent you a PM about this :)
Very excited for this! Can't wait
so maps are now not only at the player's choice, but also available sequentially.

that is all this "expansion" does. wow. PoE is the only game in the world where every expansion adds even LESS features to the game than the previous one! and the league is the same as every other league of the last years! just a different buff over the monster's head.

yeah don't tackle the problem with grinding maps being BORINGASFUCKYEGODS since there is no reward for playing on after level 90+ since there is no meaningful endgame! instead throw MORE maps at the players. that solves everything!!!

It's so much fun watching this trainwreck-style developing. perfect summary of the 21th century mentality
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Aug 14, 2016, 11:45:50 AM
don`t listen to the idiots of above, GGG! continue your wonderful job, i am really impressed as only you know be better, please don`t swoon, you are making history, thanks
I sure hope that +5 map lvls to T15 maps provides more benefit then just a high ilvl crafting base. Super rare T21 ilvl items or unique only drops etc like Skyforth, makes both the end game worth doing and leveling past 90 for example. (as long as it isn't a 1 in a million drop)

Have multiple build specific super rare unique or otherwise drops available only to those clearly T21 maps etc-- this will make people gear up/level.

If they are as rare or as limited as Skyforth i worry about it maintaining popularity (on realm server or league)

Still looking forward to the changes tho
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
Last edited by D3izhistory on Aug 14, 2016, 2:33:41 PM
"
LMTR14 wrote:
so maps are now not only at the player's choice, but also available sequentially.

that is all this "expansion" does. wow. PoE is the only game in the world where every expansion adds even LESS features to the game than the previous one! and the league is the same as every other league of the last years! just a different buff over the monster's head.

yeah don't tackle the problem with grinding maps being BORINGASFUCKYEGODS since there is no reward for playing on after level 90+ since there is no meaningful endgame! instead throw MORE maps at the players. that solves everything!!!

It's so much fun watching this trainwreck-style developing. perfect summary of the 21th century mentality

Troll detected !!!
Did I read or hear in one of the many links that you can upgrade maps 1 tier level using orbs of alchemy? I.e., if the map is already alched, and tier 7, if you put another alch on it, it becomes tier 8?

I could have sworn I read/heard that in one of these links...
Over-Hyped again (and again and again). Everytime during a league I tell myself: "ok, time to take a break from the next one" but no! There's always an even better league/update waiting.. damn it! One can not simply takes a break from path of exile.

Hell of an update again GGG!! Looking forward to it! Congratz!!! :)
CI >> Life
i cant wait !! excited ! bought the minotaur supporter pack for the support GGG. you guys are amazing !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info