2.4.0 League Crafted Items

I hope there is something new for Standard league too...
IGN TylordRampage
Those "new modifiers" on rare items could be nice if there is a lot of variety to them - some of them could be build defining which would be great but if they only grant more power to already existing top tier builds it will be bad.

Feedback to currently shown mods:

10% chance to gain a power, frenzy or endurance charge on kill (on wands):
On the first glance this looks great but we already have this option on the skill tree through overcharge. I personaly have testet this and it is completly underwhelming. If your build particularly need a specific charge you only have a 3.33% chance to get it on kill. If you don't kill super fast you can't maintain them at all.
I can see this type of build shine with 2 wands and overcharge passive combined - but you have to find a build where you can utilize and invest into all 3 type of charges - and as soon as you have found such a thing you will realize that doedre's elixir is the better choice over all...
This mod needs ajustment i feel - restricit it to one specific charge and it will be great.

8% chance to dodge spell damage (on chests):
While beeing a great mod, there are much better alternatives to pick. Unique chests are far superior in almost all cases. A suffix on a chest can roll stats or a resist roll which is typically more valueable and more consistant than a 8% dodge roll. You are already able to reach dodge cap with raider without that roll so it doesn't fit any purpose in the gameto exist right now.

Higher tier life roll (on chests):
Higher tier life rolls on items are welcome to the game to compete with the power of ES. ~10 more flat life on every item can make a difference for sure but it doesn't close to gap between ES and life builds. Others would argue that ~10 flat life more or less doesn't really mather which i can agree with. The rarity of this roll and the conditions bound to it will determine if it will have an impact at the current game or not

% reduced mana reserved (on helmets):
We already go helm enchantents which reduce to cost of aura reservation for specific auras which are much stronger. If you are going for an aura build you usually don't need more reduced reservation cost - there is a maximum of auras you could possibly run but even if you could run another with that modifier on top of it it isn't likly going to be worth it or have a great impact on your character.
For builds which doesn't stack auras and don't want to invest into aura reservation passives this could be nice but not that impactfull to the over all feeling of the build.

30% minion movement speed (on jewelery):
Minion AI in PoE is god damn awfull for the most part - movement speed fixes a lot of the problems for summoners in most cases. This a a great modifier to have and stack for almost all summoner builds out there and i am glad GGG decided to implement it that way (maybe they saw the success of Queen's Escape and wanted to help summoners out when Prophecy ends)
Great modifier, looking foreward to use it on a summoner build,

Over all i feel those modifiers likly will only be able to spawn on higher itemlvl gear - with the new expansion comming there will be higher level zones which are tied to higher itemlevel gear. So i guess those modifiers can only roll on itemlvl 85+.

A crafting league is a great idea but with the current system in mind it won't be that great for most of the players i feel since it is too random and too wealth gated currently. If obtaining a high itemlvl item is also gated behind a wall of RNG it will be a bad league. If the modifiers only grant more powercreep it will be very bad for the game over all.
This is a really though situation to face for GGG and i really hope they master it and get it right.

Which i am even more conerned about is balance: If the game, over all, isn't going to be properly balanced in 2.4 and we are able to faceroll all content (which is the state since 2.1 now) this game will fail even if everything else (new league is great/new modifiers are great/new conent is great) is awsome - i hope GGG has this on their radar.
Last edited by Wiesl_1404 on Aug 8, 2016, 5:47:33 AM
"
Miazga wrote:
PS: we all know by now that crafting is pretty much a garbage feature, unless u got close to limitless amount of currency to spend on it, or you just want to fill some gaps in already well rolled item.

This. For 99% of players, maybe even more, (serious) crafting isn't an option, ever. Even crafting those rares you find to add a missing mod, is hardly ever worth it. All we're left with, is adding those resists to cap them, and a few other mods like movement speed. Master crafting needs to be reevaluated / overhauled in general.

I still think the removal of hybrid mods from master crafting was a bad idea. Just to please some wealthy players who couldn't stand newer players getting some decent gear for an affordable price.
Last edited by Cr4v3n on Aug 8, 2016, 6:14:00 AM
Please don't go overboard with the challenges again, and make master leveling easier/more enjoyable.
Can't wait to see all of these new mods, i hope getting them wont be impossible or random.
Wonderful, 13 pages so far of replies to a post by GGG.

Glorious.

Meanwhile at Blizzards post about S07. 26 replies.

Absolutely wonderful.
"
Cr4v3n wrote:
"
Miazga wrote:
PS: we all know by now that crafting is pretty much a garbage feature, unless u got close to limitless amount of currency to spend on it, or you just want to fill some gaps in already well rolled item.

This. For 99% of players, maybe even more, (serious) crafting isn't an option, ever. Even crafting those rares you find to add a missing mod, is hardly ever worth it. All we're left with, is adding those resists to cap them, and a few other mods like movement speed. Master crafting needs to be reevaluated / overhauled in general.

I still think the removal of hybrid mods from master crafting was a bad idea. Just to please some wealthy players who couldn't stand newer players getting some decent gear for an affordable price.

I belong to that group of very casual players, having a chance to play for maybe and hour or two every day at most. I managed to hoard some currency for an end-game build (which I will not finish before the league end most probably) however crafting is something I don't do. I tried some on jewels to get a decent one, but it was currency down the drain so I gave up. I rather spend c's on buying stuff I need, not even talking about exalts which dropped only two times for me so far, and that was last league.

If "crafting" becomes more of a crafting and less of a RNG, I might be interested. That said, I hope there will be either some interesting mechanics how to get good mods (different from just throwing currency at crap), or other new hype-worthy content :).
I know it's not true, but it could be.
Nobody in their right mind crafts in this game. I learned the hard way like everyone else who tried crafting. Its a good way to become poor.
Path of Exile - RNG based hoarding simulator
"
vio wrote:
all ok but the thing is: how much of the player base have ever applied an exalted orb? excluding the ones who did it by accident or in the first 100 playing hours when they didn't know about their rarity?
---
but if these mods are obtainable by other means than exalted orbs, this could get interesting.

I've been playing for since open beta, and have still never used an Exalted Orb. Played almost exclusively solo self-found, and I will be so very disappointed if this upcoming league requires the use of Exalted Orbs to attain these mods. I haven't even found an Exalt in a few leagues now.

I want the game to be Path of Exile, not Path of Trade Chat!
"
ihasmario wrote:
They should nerf skyforth into the ground where it belongs

YES! Because everything should be on the same power level and available for everyone. Kappa.

We already have budget shav's and all the other 4x drop boosted "Tier 1s".
1st Hideout of the week: view-thread/1059888
Gears & Builds history: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1062423
"
Melnrax wrote:
Wonderful, 13 pages so far of replies to a post by GGG.

Glorious.

Meanwhile at Blizzards post about S07. 26 replies.

Absolutely wonderful.

made my bday thx :D
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383
Hideout Community Discord: https://discord.gg/B2xQkmf
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info